The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that explains a lot of QB's. What QB doesnt get happy feet and throw inaccurate under pressure? How about Manning in last years SB? Saints has him dancing and he threw a key INT. So sure some are better then others and I think Romo does have red zone issues. It was real bad last year and that series was more of the same. I think Garret has a lot to do with it too. You have the Barbarian back there so friggin run him.

I think that explains a lot of QB's. What QB doesnt get happy feet and throw inaccurate under pressure? How about Manning in last years SB? Saints has him dancing and he threw a key INT. So sure some are better then others and I think Romo does have red zone issues. It was real bad last year and that series was more of the same. I think Garret has a lot to do with it too. You have the Barbarian back there so friggin run him.

I agree. No reason to try 3 straight passes on 1st and goal, atleast give him a shot one time.

Im not disputing others have problems as well. What I am talking about is red zone efficiency. Apparently I am not alone in this thinking. Looking at numbers, they were VERY LOW last year and he was one of hte major reasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-COWBOYS-MINICAMPDallas-aims-to-fix-redzone-woes-38774511

Im sure Cowboys fans like Romo. He can sling it, but call me whatever you want, when it comes to sports, and the NFL, but I have seen a lot of games and been in a lot of locker rooms, and I just dont see it with him.

For the Cowboys fans sake, I hope I am wrong, but I just do not see it. I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again, but I dont think it will be about this one.

patrick crayton is one underrated guy. I really like him a lot

Great hands, decent quickness, but average route running and discipline and poor blocker. Its a shame too, because he is a nice guy that works hard. Its the reason he has never excelled in the league. Solid guy to have as an extra weapon though.

Im sure Cowboys fans like Romo. He can sling it, but call me whatever you want, when it comes to sports, and the NFL, but I have seen a lot of games and been in a lot of locker rooms, and I just dont see it with him.

For the Cowboys fans sake, I hope I am wrong, but I just do not see it. I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again, but I dont think it will be about this one.

Im no romo lover but i will back the guy, I feel like he has the tools it just hasnt all clicked with him yet. He isnt a bad QB and he did carry the team on his shoulders when they went on the win streak last year, so i feel like he gas it but just hasnt put it all together for a complete season yet.

Im not disputing others have problems as well. What I am talking about is red zone efficiency. Apparently I am not alone in this thinking. Looking at numbers, they were VERY LOW last year and he was one of hte major reasons.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-COWBOYS-MINICAMPDallas-aims-to-fix-redzone-woes-38774511

I dont dispute that he needs or Dallas has to be better in the red zone. The numbers dont lie. That article brings up the San Diego game which I remember as one of the most frusterating games Id ever seen. Move up and down the field on them and get nothing but field goals. Now, Im not ready to declare Romo a failure at QB because of these stats, at least not yet.

Wow are those gold shoes Ocho Cinco is wearing? Just fugly!

Great hands, decent quickness, but average route running and discipline and poor blocker. Its a shame too, because he is a nice guy that works hard. Its the reason he has never excelled in the league. Solid guy to have as an extra weapon though.

ya i mean strickley as a 3-4 WR not a top 1 or 2 because of the lack of route running/speed. To be a complete reciever in my book i dont care about the awesome catches you make but you sure as heck better block and run good routes.

Im no romo lover but i will back the guy, I feel like he has the tools it just hasnt all clicked with him yet. He isnt a bad QB and he did carry the team on his shoulders when they went on the win streak last year, so i feel like he gas it but just hasnt put it all together for a complete season yet.

A lot of guys have all the tools and never really take the next step.

I dont dispute that he needs or Dallas has to be better in the red zone. The numbers dont lie. That article brings up the San Diego game which I remember as one of the most frusterating games Id ever seen. Move up and down the field on them and get nothing but field goals. Now, Im not ready to declare Romo a failure at QB because of these stats, at least not yet.

Just thinking the same thing

Well said. I think he has 2 more years to prove it and if he doesnt they will move on. He is a solid QB from 20 to 20.

So you think that Romo will never be a SB winning QB? He will never win the big game? I think he can. Will he, who knows. But I think he can win it. Theres so many things that have to go right besides his feet settling down. Im really not a fan of Jason Garret and I think he holds Romo back with his play calling.

I know and im hoping he can make that step this year or next year. He puts good games together but not every game. Needs at least 13-14 good games of 16 that he needs to have. He gets a little anxious in the red zone and tends to throw high which isnt a bad miss because it still means 3 points but its sure not good when your needing touchdowns.

So you think that Romo will never be a SB winning QB? He will never win the big game? I think he can. Will he, who knows. But I think he can win it. Theres so many things that have to go right besides his feet settling down. Im really not a fan of Jason Garret and I think he holds Romo back with his play calling.

Im not prepared to say that. There have been worse QBs win SB's. I just dont think he is the guy to lead a team to the win. He might get one due to some other great area of the team. See Dilfer, my take on Ben, and a few other guys. But I just do not see him as this great QB that others do. Above average yes, and he has a lot of the tools, but I don't see it. Not until he makes the next step and he has not even come close to doing that yet.

And people want to blame Garrett, who is VERY OVERRATED, but the same stats that you believe are the reason he will succeed, atleast some of the credit has to go to the play calling there as well.

Im not prepared to say that. There have been worse QBs win SB's. I just dont think he is the guy to lead a team to the win. He might get one due to some other great area of the team. See Dilfer, my take on Ben, and a few other guys. But I just do not see him as this great QB that others do. Above average yes, and he has a lot of the tools, but I don't see it. Not until he makes the next step and he has not even come close to doing that yet.

And people want to blame Garrett, who is VERY OVERRATED, but the same stats that you believe are the reason he will succeed, atleast some of the credit has to go to the play calling there as well.

Well said and I agree with pretty much most of that. I think you might have said this at some point in the past but I'll say it again. I think this is a real imortant year for Romo. If he keeps throwing the strange, who the hell was that intended for floaters and making bad decisions Jerry has to be concerned. Id start looking for the next Dallas QB in the draft. Let Romo play out his contract and get the young guy ready to play. Romo played better down the stretch last year and I think that was important. Jerry is betting on a home SB and if Romo falls short I think Jerry is going to be very let down.

Oh and about Garret. I think he is very very overrated. Sure we cant blame him for everything but I think his play calling is very suspect. Ive read numerous times that players on opposing defenses said that Dallas offense was the most predictable and easy to read. Thats terrible. Im not a fan of Garret at all.

Well said OEM. I love realism with fans. Its a great trait to have.

Well said OEM. I love realism with fans. Its a great trait to have.

Phillips is going to be All-Pro!! haha jk! Nice block there Choice. What do you think of this Ogletree guy? I think he could put Williams out of a job.

Phillips is going to be All-Pro!! haha jk! Nice block there Choice. What do you think of this Ogletree guy? I think he could put Williams out of a job.

Love him. Watched him for 4 years in college in the ACC. Never understood why he left school early. I think he could still be one more year on the practice squad away from a roster spot. But he is a keeper for sure.

Id start looking for the next Dallas QB in the draft. Let Romo play out his contract and get the young guy ready to play.

May not have to look far. McGee is not looking to shabby for a rook. Give him a few years in the system and who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back