The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Marshall is no doubt an improvemtent . but who else do they have ar receiver? I think they still need another guy or two if they are going to contect for the playoffs

Getting Marshall is no doubt an improvemtent . but who else do they have ar receiver? I think they still need another guy or two if they are going to contect for the playoffs

you're right rhino, they aren't deep in that position but they have a quality tight end and i still think that you can't go to sleep on ted ginn jr. he'll continue to get better.

they're talking about trading Ginn though.....it'll be Marshall, Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo and a rookie WR. that'll be good enough for the offense they run

you're right rhino, they aren't deep in that position but they have a quality tight end and i still think that you can't go to sleep on ted ginn jr. he'll continue to get better.

they're talking about trading Ginn though.....it'll be Marshall, Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo and a rookie WR. that'll be good enough for the offense they run

tradng or outright realeasing. I am sure there is a free agent out there they can look at, or someone who might get cut during training camp.

I doubt they will release Ginn, he was a first round draft pick. I think they'll keep him at the least for his return ability. Miami has a nice young team coming up.

unless you were a top 5 pick, I don't think that holds weight anymore. Most of his bonus has been paid already and his cap # wouldn't be that big. As a WR he's average but as a return guy he's golden. There are plenty of guys like that around the league at a cheaper price
I doubt they will release Ginn, he was a first round draft pick. I think they'll keep him at the least for his return ability. Miami has a nice young team coming up.

Thats true and as a WR he has done all of nothing. Parcells has no bones about releasing under performing divas either.

i still can't see them offing ginn yet. he is incredible in the return game. at least with marshall he'd be freed up a bit and can be that down field threat he's suppose to be as opposed to having to run precise routes.

The dudes got some serious speed thats for sure.

The dudes got some serious speed thats for sure.

no doubt, the issue i saw with him last year was that he couldn't pull the ball in. being a down field threat is great, but only if you can catch it.

maybe as a #3 receiver. I forgot about his return skills...yea he'll stay but I still think they need a possesion type guy on the other side. We'll see what happens next.

no doubt, the issue i saw with him last year was that he couldn't pull the ball in. being a down field threat is great, but only if you can catch it.

Yep youre right. The other thing is he's very slight of frame. Can he hold up to the hits.

on another note: did anyone see sportscenter yesterday concerning tebow and john gruden? it seems as though tebow's working hare to be a qb in the nfl. i can't help but like the kid. he has a tremendous work ethic and i would like to see him succeed as a qb.

Speaking of Tebow, I was listening to the Sirius NFL channel on the way home and they were doing something like Mock Draft #5 or 6, and when they got down to Dallas they took Tebow saying JJ couldnt resist the skills and marketing for the guy. That really threw me for a loop. Most of the other drafts had them taking Bryant, who I think will be already gone.

Speaking of Tebow, I was listening to the Sirius NFL channel on the way home and they were doing something like Mock Draft #5 or 6, and when they got down to Dallas they took Tebow saying JJ couldnt resist the skills and marketing for the guy. That really threw me for a loop. Most of the other drafts had them taking Bryant, who I think will be already gone.

I dunno about that... this one ESPN.com talks about JJ ridiculing Tebow

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5082564

Wow I'm gone for a couple of hours and this happens! I gotta admit that Marshall has the goods. I'm surprised that only 3-4 teams were after him. Seattle lost big time on this deal. They're now bringing in Mike and Reggie Williams for tryouts... yikes! This is good and bad for Brandon as far as I'm concerned. Good is that he's coming back home and he's going to a good winning situation in Miami. Bad is that I hope he doesn't flare up when Henne is not throwing him the ball (Sparano likes to pound), and man it's South Florida... there's trouble waiting on every corner. He does get a little bit of a bad rap though but I hope being with Sparano and Parcells will straighten him out.

Ginn, I heard is going to be released and there are already some teams looking at him Oakland being one of them (surprise there). There's not much roster space for an undersized speed threat with bad hands. People compare him to an Eddie Royal/Lee Evans type player but to be like that you have to have better hands. I honestly thought he was going to be a bust from the get go anyway.

What a man that Big Ben Roethlesburger (sp?) is, huh? Re: The now public accounts of the night Ben was accused of sexual assault/rape.

Do guys like that consider themselves real men?

Unreal.

What a man that Big Ben Roethlesburger (sp?) is, huh? Re: The now public accounts of the night Ben was accused of sexual assault/rape.

Do guys like that consider themselves real men?

Unreal.

According to the Post-Gazette:

The Steelers are prepared to discipline Ben Roethlisberger, team president Art Rooney said today, and the quarterback is willing to accept the "consequences."

That discipline, which he declined to identify, is not likely to happen for a few weeks and will be coordinated with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. It likely will include suspension for a certain amount of games to start the 2010 season.

"After imposing an appropriate level of discipline," Rooney said during a press conference this afternoon, "and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be successful as a player and a person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us he is the teammate and citizen we all believe he is capable of being.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10105/1050768-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0lGnc5zgQ

The one remark missing from Rooney's statement is: "Or else".

The Steelers have traditionally run a tight ship when it comes to behavior and public perception and they will not think twice about getting rid of anyone who's behavior casts a pall on the organization - even a 100 million dollar superstar.

That said, the Steelers also have a reputation for "second chances" and are usually willing to let someone make whatever changes are necessary to straighten out their lives and will work with them to help make that happen.

But if after all of that, the behavior continues, they're gone.

As much as I like Roethlisberger as a QB and as much as I think he means to the team, he is not above the law and he simply cannot be allowed to do anything he wishes without any fear of consequence or punishment.
I believe in second chances and I believe that Ben is capable of straightening things out, but if he doesn't, he needs to go - talent or no talent.

I think the team will suspend him for two games and the league will for another two and I think that's more than fair. Afterward, Ben has a chance to right the ship. If he doesn't though, I'll be one of the first ones to be waving goodbye to him.

Talent means a lot to a football team, but behavior such as Ben has demonstrated has no place on a team or in life itself.

-JP

jason taylor to the JETS!! the jets are active this offseason. jason taylor with that defense is just better. watch out afc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back