The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really need to ask that? Take a look at our sports icons for the last decade or two.

fair enough, that pretty much sums it up.

Its the long time defense for many attorneys. But the simple thing is that thousands of drunks dont get in this kind of trouble, and thousands of people that do what he does do not struggle with alcohol. The two are not related if you ask me, but celebrity and power sure are. Mark my words, they will spin it as alcohol related though. Hmmmm Tiger Woods taught us a lot.

I agree w/ most of this. Alcohol is a bogus "defense" for basically everything.

Who's going to spin it as alcohol related? And why? The guy has done countless dumb and illegal things. The mere fact that he was intoxicated is irrelevent. Anyone w/ half a brain understands and agrees w/ that.

And why is Tiger used as an example? Because of the sex addict thing? Because I don't think anyone really "spun" Tiger's "doings" by excusing it and saying he has a "disease". If someone has, I'd love to see/hear it.

And I would obviously disagree w/ it. Like Ben, Tiger did some bad things. No excuses for either one.

Its not even worth it anymore.

Its the long time defense for many attorneys. But the simple thing is that thousands of drunks dont get in this kind of trouble, and thousands of people that do what he does do not struggle with alcohol. The two are not related if you ask me, but celebrity and power sure are. Mark my words, they will spin it as alcohol related though. Hmmmm Tiger Woods taught us a lot.

True, but thousands of drunks DO get in this kind of trouble and far worse as well.

I'm sure the "spin" will be there, but what if it isn't really spin? What if he really has a drinking problem? Are you going to deny the truth of that just because it's what you expect to hear? I'll bet that if you or I were privy to the intimate details of his life we'd find that most, if not all, of his problems occur when he's drinking. In fact, I'd bet the rent on it.

Drunk is drunk. Alcoholism doesn't care who you are or how much money you have or whether or not you're famous. In fact, alcohol is probably THE most equal opprtuniy addiction there is and it's also the most common. I know that with celebrities most people want to regard whatever issues they have as special or exraordinary, but I just see in Ben a garden variety alcoholic. That's not much of a headline, but it's the most likely description of him.

-JP

True, but thousands of drunks DO get in this kind of trouble and far worse as well.

I'm sure the "spin" will be there, but what if it isn't really spin? What if he really has a drinking problem? Are you going to deny the truth of that just because it's what you expect to hear? I'll bet that if you or I were privy to the intimate details of his life we'd find that most, if not all, of his problems occur when he's drinking. In fact, I'd bet the rent on it.

Drunk is drunk. Alcoholism doesn't care who you are or how much money you have or whether or not you're famous. In fact, alcohol is probably THE most equal opprtuniy addiction there is and it's also the most common. I know that with celebrities most people want to regard whatever issues they have as special or exraordinary, but I just see in Ben a garden variety alcoholic. That's not much of a headline, but it's the most likely description of him.

-JP

We have been programmed to know the lies because we see it over and over again. And lets not forget his statements on the matter (as small as they are) that it was NOTHING, that it never happened, etc...

ANd perhpas after the first one, you stop putting yourself in the position. Alcohol may assist, but pigs are pigs and alcohol does not make one commit these crimes solely on multiple occasions. Sorry, not buying it. Perhaps everybody that has some drinks (despite him originally saying he only had a couple)can molest people (allegedly) and use it.

Believe whatever you want of your boy, to me he is scum just like Woods.

Family run team + conservative, blue collar city = bye bye Big Ben

Its not even worth it anymore.

What? I don't have any hidden agenda here. You brought Tiger up as an example in that he "taught" us something regarding bad actions being spun to shed blame off of the person.

I'm simply asking for elaboration on that.

Keep in mind, I'm on the same page w/ you on this.

Re: The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

thanks1974 said:
Family run team + conservative, blue collar city = bye bye Big Ben
Yup. They put everyone on a no bs policy. Cant think of the phrase. We will see though. But for some reason I believe that franchise is one of the few that would not put up with crap from players. On a side note Go Bears!

just like the old saying goes nothing good ever happens after midnight when alcohol is involved. the DA's report was sickening and thats what sealed Pig Bens fate. I hope they trade his stupid ass to Oakland for their 1st rounder and let him drag that sorry ass franchise down for another 5-7 years till the grim reaper in a track suit finally kicks the bucket.

geez how do you really feel SH? lol
just like the old saying goes nothing good ever happens after midnight when alcohol is involved. the DA's report was sickening and thats what sealed Pig Bens fate. I hope they trade his stupid ass to Oakland for their 1st rounder and let him drag that sorry ass franchise down for another 5-7 years till the grim reaper in a track suit finally kicks the bucket.

Some interesting points brought up by our friend, Mr. Whitlock in this article.

Like, why did Ben get suspended? Because of the word of some boozed up soriority girls?

I still think Ben is more than likely a sleeze ball and deserves a suspension, but I think I, along w/ pretty much everyone else, was a little quick to persecute and judge when the "evidence" was flimsy at best, and he wasn't even charged w/ a crime.

If anything, this should teach Ben that he can't put himself in those positions. At all. Ever.

He might want to go to college bars and drink it up w/ young college girls and then try to get it on w/ some of them ( sometimes, in a public way), but he's a star NFL QB in a prominent NFL city.

You just can't do that. If anything else, it's for that behavior alone for the reason for the suspension.

Last edited:
Still not worth it.

sadly agreed...

Ive never liked that Whitlock guy. Always seems to have an agenda and always seemed to involve race. Get over yourself already Whitlock

Let's put it this way: Much of Ben's problems would likely disappear if he stopped drinking.

His personality, the people he surrounds himself with and the situations in which he places himself are all indicators of a drinking problem and alcohol is the common denominator in all of his issues.
He's a lot like the quiet little guy who buries his head in paperwork all year at the office. Ordinarily he's a good employee and he's respectful of his co-workers but after several trips to the punch bowl at the company Christmas party, he's the one who ends up wearing the lampshade and has Miss Barnes trapped in the corner insisting he's always loved her.

Alcohol has a funny way of unlocking some rather interesting behavior in people.

-JP

How did that happen? lol

Let's put it this way: Much of thanks1974's problems would likely disappear if he stopped drinking.

His personality, the people he surrounds himself with and the situations in which he places himself are all indicators of a drinking problem and alcohol is the common denominator in all of his issues.
He's a lot like the quiet little guy who buries his head in paperwork all year at the office. Ordinarily he's a good employee and he's respectful of his co-workers but after several trips to the punch bowl at the company Christmas party, he's the one who ends up wearing the lampshade and has Miss Barnes trapped in the corner insisting he's always loved her.

Alcohol has a funny way of unlocking some rather interesting behavior in people.

-JP

the skins just signed joey galloway. another decent weapon for mcnabb. he's a little old but is a great receiver.

Re: The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

tcalloway1 said:
the skins just signed joey galloway. another decent weapon for mcnabb. he's a little old but is a great receiver.
They better hope he can catch balls with his feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's an interesting question, who will the Denver Broncos starting quarterback be on opening day, and the last game?
Quinn, Orton, Tebow

Orton and Orton. Tebow being the backup and Quinn being the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back