The Official Patrick Reed thread

That just happened to be the straw that broke the camel’s back. It wasn’t that specific comment, but the combination of all the chirping received throughout the week. It’s self inflicted, but at the same time, maybe calm down there a bit Aussies. Needle with the bad play, maybe keep the already stale sand comments dead and buried where they belong.

Don’t just blame the Aussies. American fans are just as bad if not worse. Decorum at golf events is in serious decline and these team events are at the forefront now. Also, Reed simply has become, mostly through his own fault, a lightning rod.

Don’t just blame the Aussies. American fans are just as bad if not worse. Decorum at golf events is in serious decline and these team events are at the forefront now. Also, Reed simply has become, mostly through his own fault, a lightning rod.

Decorum I agree, but I’m not sure the Aussie chirping is worse than what they deal with over here. People get drunk over here, I agree. They closed bars over there at 6pm until the 60’s. I had to look it up, apparently a lot of bars close there at 10pm. Quite frankly, we are drinking amateurs compared to what the Aussies can do.

Decorum I agree, but I’m not sure the Aussie chirping is worse than what they deal with over here. People get drunk over here, I agree. They closed bars over there at 6pm until the 60’s. I had to look it up, apparently a lot of bars close there at 10pm. Quite frankly, we are drinking amateurs compared to what the Aussies can do.

Are we just talking golf events or sporting events in general in regards to fan chirping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He really seems to be the bad boy of the PGA. Now his caddy. Hopefully he can let his play speak for itself in singles. That would be the best way to silence the hecklers.

Remember Brookline? That was the all time low for fan behaviour.

He really seems to be the bad boy of the PGA. Now his caddy. Hopefully he can let his play speak for itself in singles. That would be the best way to silence the hecklers.

I mean his Caddy is his brother-in-law. It makes a lot of sense really.

And Reed's caddy can't roll with him tomorrow because he got into a fight with a fan after the round hahahaha

Amazing.
Must be a prerequisite for being on Reed's team, having an attitude that is!

Are we just talking golf events or sporting events in general in regards to fan chirping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general. Let’s be real, sports fan across the globe can be real *****y more than they should. I think it’s usually 90% of the crowd is respectful, 9% are a bit standoff’ish and make under the breath comments, 1% of the crowd acts like clowns, so it’s blown out of proportion. Sadly, that 1% though are beyond obnoxious. You don’t yell for a putt to miss as they’re putting, no matter the player.

That just happened to be the straw that broke the camel’s back. It wasn’t that specific comment, but the combination of all the chirping received throughout the week. It’s self inflicted, but at the same time, maybe calm down there a bit Aussies. Needle with the bad play, maybe keep the already stale sand comments dead and buried where they belong.
I agree with your take here. But this is not just an Australian problem. It happens in the US as well, especially in the team competitions. Rory made a big stink about it during the Ryder cup one year. He is not wrong.

As far as this situation goes it happened after the round was over, maybe the caddie still had his bib on maybe not. It is my view that if this fan says something disrespectful to a player, caddy, rules official, etc, he deserves everything he has coming to him. Moral of my story is be a good human being. Just because you bought a ticket to a golf tournament doesn’t mean you have a ticket to be a ********.

Difference between drunk fans and players/caddies is that the players and caddies are supposed to be the professionals. Don’t like what someone says, talk to security, have them removed. We see it happen quite often at regular events.

I don't see how it's ever ok to put your hands on someone unless they're physically threatening you. In which case, if Reed was physically being threatened, then just have the guy removed, that's security's job, not the caddies.

Difference between drunk fans and players/caddies is that the players and caddies are supposed to be the professionals. Don’t like what someone says, talk to security, have them removed. We see it happen quite often at regular events.

I don't see how it's ever ok to put your hands on someone unless they're physically threatening you. In which case, if Reed was physically being threatened, then just have the guy removed, that's security's job, not the caddies.
Police and security are reactionary forces for the most part, and sometimes things happen faster than they can react to.

I’m not defending PR or his caddie, but imagine a scenario in which the “fan”, instead of simply yelling drunken profanity, threw a full beer can and struck a player. It’s too late to have the fan removed at that point, the deed is already done.

The sh*tty behavior just has to stop...on both sides.

So I just read that the Reed/Simpson group had six security/marshalls with them. At what point do you point to them not doing their job of keeping the fans in line? That’s their only job there.

Police and security are reactionary forces for the most part, and sometimes things happen faster than they can react to.

I’m not defending PR or his caddie, but imagine a scenario in which the “fan”, instead of simply yelling drunken profanity, threw a full beer can and struck a player. It’s too late to have the fan removed at that point, the deed is already done.

The sh*tty behavior just has to stop...on both sides.

I agree, which is why I said physically threatened. However, that's not the case here.

So I just read that the Reed/Simpson group had six security/marshalls with them. At what point do you point to them not doing their job of keeping the fans in line? That’s their only job there.
They’re supposed to tell the fans they’re not allowed to talk?

Reed deserved 100% of what he got and more, and like the punk he is, he couldn’t take it.

Reed and Simpson have the right to ask people to be removed don't they? I know players do in normal events.

We're not talking about throwing things at players here.

Reed and Simpson have the right to ask people to be removed don't they? I know players do in normal events.

Exactly. It was words. Words.

Unfortunately going by the evidence around the internet, young Mr Reed has always been and absolute 1st Class bell end. Seems that after the 'cheating' evidence from last week that he wants to continue with that reputation. There is no denying that he is a good golfer, but good golfers are allowed to be nice people as well. I guess no one has told him yet.

And now it seems his caddy is from the same mould as Reed. They really do make a great pair.

Reed deserved 100% of what he got and more, and like the punk he is, he couldn’t take it.

Security is supposed to expel misbehaving spectators from the property.

Security is supposed to expel misbehaving spectators from the property.
Yup, where do you draw the line at misbehaving and where should it be drawn that he made his bed and now Reed gets to lay in it.

Yup, where do you draw the line at misbehaving and where should it be drawn that he made his bed and now Reed gets to lay in it.

I have no empathy or sympathy for Reed. It would be fine with me if he was suspended from the Tour. But Reed is a separate subject from spectator behavior.
Golf course spectators who misbehave should be immediately expelled from the property.

I have no empathy or sympathy for Reed. It would be fine with me if he was suspended from the Tour. But Reed is a separate subject from spectator behavior.
Golf course spectators who misbehave should be immediately expelled from the property.
So you want the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, and Waste Management to be played on an empty course from now on, got it.:oops:

If I had a pass to watch your boys team play in a match, and I started heckling your 5 bag with personal insults, would you or someone not ask me to leave? Would it be tolerated?
Related, I have no reason to ever actually do that, but I also don’t see any point in chirping at a player either. Want to effect them? Don’t watch them. Seems that gets more attention than being the clown who chirps so much, an altercation starts.

They do, yes. I don’t see or hear any accounts of them asking or not asking so who knows if they did, or if they were just going head down and ignoring it till they snapped.

Back