The Official Patrick Reed thread

Wasn't Reed accused of cheating in college too? I think if this was a one-time thing it would have been different. But he's had a history of this for quite some time now.

Wasn't Reed accused of cheating in college too? I think if this was a one-time thing it would have been different. But he's had a history of this for quite some time now.
google is not kind when you put in patrick reed and cheater.

Ok...so here's my question! Was the sand bunker incident cheating? He broke a rule and was penalized...does that constitute cheating? Does cheating imply doing something and getting away with it or being caught at a later time? Like football, defensive lineman lines up in the neutral zone, he is penalized 5 yards. But, no one says he was cheating. Baseball players take PEDs, you find out later...they're a cheater. Just curious on your opinions!
When you've done it multiple times, yes. I don't think Reed is stupid, which kind of makes it worse, because I believe he knows exactly what he was doing and thought he could get away with it again. It honestly brings in the idea that he is doing more but we're not catching it.

Be honest, I know there are golfer's out there that people cannot stand, and Reed has become that for me, but be honest, anyone still a fan of Captain America???

Just realized we have 2 Patrick Reed threads... mods can we consolidate?

What a joke the tour is becoming. Cam Smith could get in more trouble for telling the truth about Reed cheating than Reed did for actually cheating . ??‍♂️

Regardless of how you feel about Reed, this is the ultimate "bend the knee" move from the tour.

What a joke the tour is becoming. Cam Smith could get in more trouble for telling the truth about Reed cheating than Reed did for actually cheating . ??‍♂️

The dialogue just keeps getting worse, the tour won't be able to make this go away.

Kostis. says he saw Reed improve his lie multiple times. Not good.

What do we do about this guy? He's got the moniker "CCaptain Americ", won the Masters, so he isn't going anywhere.

If I have to listen to anymore broadcast talk about how Patrick Reed is somehow a victim I’m gonna vomit.

He hasn’t overcome anything. He’s a cheater plain and simple.

watching commentary makes it seem like there's a concerted effort to paint this turd.

He just won the biggest tournament of his life. Arguably the biggest tournament of the 2018 season. He is a bit of a weird duck....crazy mixed bag, loud antics (not like Rahm), backs up his BS with his play more than not. Ryder Cup lore, Masters champion, allegedly accused of cheating at Georgia, arrested twice for underage drinking at Georgia, listens to imagine dragons on the range with headphones in, said to have very few or no friends on tour, noone really knows much about him, married with kids, ESTRANGED his mom and dad and sister in 2012 for some reason, weird wife, has won 6 times on tour, led Augusta State to Div 1 mens golf title in 2010 and 2011, 2008 US amateur runner up...

This guy is hard to figure out.
This is a big win for him, but the Masters is easily the biggest win of his life. He sure has a great game around and on the greens

This is a big win for him, but the Masters is easily the biggest win of his life. He sure has a great game around and on the greens

My post was from 2018....

PR is still a tool.

Kostis. says he saw Reed improve his lie multiple times. Not good.

What do we do about this guy? He's got the moniker "CCaptain Americ", won the Masters, so he isn't going anywhere.

Sounds like Reed is a disciple of the Gary Player school of lie improvement.

Not too surprised by the win. Reed is a ton of game. He is also the most mentally tough golfer since Tiger Woods. He is still a jerk and a now a known cheater but dang, he gives zero F's to it all.

If I have to listen to anymore broadcast talk about how Patrick Reed is somehow a victim I’m gonna vomit.

He hasn’t overcome anything. He’s a cheater plain and simple.
It’s offensive. Cannot stand how they are trying to spin this.

He had a staggeringly low amount of putts over the course of the tournament on those greens. He might just kick Cantlay and Woods off the Olympic team at this rate..

He had a staggeringly low amount of putts over the course of the tournament on those greens. He might just kick Cantlay and Woods off the Olympic team at this rate..
Well woods would have to be on it first to be able to be kicked off. But I would hate to see Cantlay knocked out. He has so much game and is coming into form after early injuries in his career.

Well woods would have to be on it first to be able to be kicked off. But I would hate to see Cantlay knocked out. He has so much game and is coming into form after early injuries in his career.
True. I think Tiger finds a way to get on the team, personally.

True. I think Tiger finds a way to get on the team, personally.
That's fair, but Reed can't kick off someone who isn't there right now. He would just get in instead of him if that was the case.

Not too surprised by the win. Reed is a ton of game. He is also the most mentally tough golfer since Tiger Woods. He is still a jerk and a now a known cheater but dang, he gives zero F's to it all.

A psychological profile of Reed would be very interesting because he is both a very good golfer and very loathed person. His "issues" go beyond golf and his willingness to break the rules. They go to his relationship to his peers on tour and to his strained relationship with his family. Reed thrives on being extremely disliked and being the outcast or the villan. It what he uses to motivate him and he uses it successfully. What he probably craves most of all is acceptance. However, he feels he is not going to get that so he just says eff everyone.

Back