The Official Patrick Reed thread

Do you think Reed will be one of those that in 30 years we look back on his body of work and say he was one of the greats because of how he acted? A grey haired interview with him being humbled and reflecting back on how he was vs what life has taught him in old age? or just once a "cheating prick" always a "cheating prick".

A psychological profile of Reed would be very interesting because he is both a very good golfer and very loathed person. His "issues" go beyond golf and his willingness to break the rules. They go to his relationship to his peers on tour and to his strained relationship with his family. Reed thrives on being extremely disliked and being the outcast or the villan. It what he uses to motivate him and he uses it successfully. What he probably craves most of all is acceptance. However, he feels he is not going to get that so he just says eff everyone.

So true. I just can't think of anyone that thrives on pressure like he does. It is pretty remarkable.

If Reed makes the US squad for the olympics, does he get to be Captain America again?!?!

Do you think Reed will be one of those that in 30 years we look back on his body of work and say he was one of the greats because of how he acted? A grey haired interview with him being humbled and reflecting back on how he was vs what life has taught him in old age? or just once a "cheating prick" always a "cheating prick".
I don't think he'll ever admit anything

Will depend if he's divorced or not at the time.

I think he's the Tony Stewart of golf. He was such a prick on the track, but dam he could get it done & didn't care what others thought.

Reed is FAR from the only pro golfer to cheat on the course. He's just the most recent one to get caught.

Cheetah Reed? :LOL:

This one made me laugh!

I’m a pretty laid back person, but Reed is about the only pro golfer that I actively dislike and consistently want to do badly. Just an ar$e of a man.

I believe Reed has cheated so long that to do again and again is just imbedded in his psyche that there is nothing wrong with it. He knows the rules, I don’t think he is that stupid but because he has gotten away with most of the infractions he just continues to roll the dice.

I PVR almost all television so I can skip over commercials and anything having to do with a Reed from tour play to Golf Central coverage, just sickens me that he disrespects the game, fans and fellow players while the tour and media (GC) still give him screen time. BTW, I don’t single out Reed but do same with Bernard Langer and Scott McCarron, both cheaters IMO.

He’s surpassed Ian James Pouty for me on the most loathed list.

This dingbat makes Poulter and Bubber look likeable.

I never thought I'd see the day.

I believe Reed has cheated so long that to do again and again is just imbedded in his psyche that there is nothing wrong with it. He knows the rules, I don’t think he is that stupid but because he has gotten away with most of the infractions he just continues to roll the dice.

I PVR almost all television so I can skip over commercials and anything having to do with a Reed from tour play to Golf Central coverage, just sickens me that he disrespects the game, fans and fellow players while the tour and media (GC) still give him screen time. BTW, I don’t single out Reed but do same with Bernard Langer and Scott McCarron, both cheaters IMO.

Langer? Because of the broomstick/anchor thing? Langer seems okay to me. I named my cat after him. That cat was the coolest cat (snowshoe Himalayan), but got run over by a car. :cry:

C9D2FE7C-FE69-48D6-8927-BB2BE630B040.png
Anybody got Reed’s phone number? I want to enter it in and settle this debate once and for all!

Back