The Official Patrick Reed Thread

I cant disagree more with this. Everyone is bagging on Reed but what about the clown tossing coins in his pocket while someone is getting ready to hit? And don't tell me "he could of handled it better" his caddy gave him the beef and the dude still kept doing it.

You may want to re-read what I am saying.

What I felt was ridiculous was the change juggler, not Reed.

You may want to re-read what I am saying.

What I felt was ridiculous was the change juggler, not Reed.

Whoops, typo. Edited first past :banghead:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/sports/golf/ryder-cup-europe-united-states-egos.html

0a36abd810bd019bd937ea44e3064077.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the guys at No Laying Up said it best about Reed, I think now that he has won a Major he doesn't have the chip on his shoulder that he used to. Maybe Tiger **** the bed but right now the US team is going to start spinning every reason why they didn't win and the fact just is they got outplayed on a course that was designed to demand precision and clearly bomb and gouge wasn't going to win.

I have to agree with Patrick here. There's a certain value to wanting to outdo your teammate as well as your opponents. Reed and Spieth aren't friends, which means to a certain extent there's not a lot of "That's OK, buddy" when they're paired up. I think Reed didn't do well paired with Tiger because right now there's so much positivity surrounding Tiger that it's tough for a guy who thrives upon being hated as much as Reed does to get his dander up.

That being said, it's tough to argue the success of Spieth and Thomas. The only real question is whether Thomas and someone else could have been successful had Furyk paired Spieth and Reed. And would that have resulted in enough points to make it competitive?

Sounds like furyk let the inmates run the asylum

Tired of reeds BS

I have to agree with Patrick here. There's a certain value to wanting to outdo your teammate as well as your opponents. Reed and Spieth aren't friends, which means to a certain extent there's not a lot of "That's OK, buddy" when they're paired up. I think Reed didn't do well paired with Tiger because right now there's so much positivity surrounding Tiger that it's tough for a guy who thrives upon being hated as much as Reed does to get his dander up.

That being said, it's tough to argue the success of Spieth and Thomas. The only real question is whether Thomas and someone else could have been successful had Furyk paired Spieth and Reed. And would that have resulted in enough points to make it competitive?

JT and Rickie worked pretty well at the Presidents Cup in 2017.

I shouldn’t like him, but I’m starting to become a fan. I loved the way he handled himself this week whilst the crowd did the whole pantomime villain thing. I’m relieved his game was off this week, but I’m really starting to root for the guy.

Tired of reeds BS

Boo Hoo Hoo.... I didn't get to play with Jordan. WHAAAAAA!

Granted I thought he should have played more than twice but the US team didn't lose because he didn't get to play with Jordan.

I thought Jordan and JT were fine together. If Reed wants to be mad, he should be mad that he and Tiger both played like sh*t.

Maybe he should have taken the European advice and checked his ego at the door.

What a whiny turd. His wife is insufferable as well. You are no longer Captain America. That is Justin mfing Thomas.

What a whiny turd. His wife is insufferable as well. You are no longer Captain America. That is Justin mfing Thomas.

"Captain America" should be a name reserved for military service people.

Funny how he doesn't care what anyone thinks of him, and then it was a problem that Spieth didn't want to play with him.

Actually more predictable than funny.

I've always liked Reed. But then again, my two favorites have always been Sergio and Poulter. So what do I know? LOL. I have to be honest here though. What good did Reed possibly think would come from saying this publicly? If it was something he thought needed to be said, shouldn't he have done it (and left it) in the team room?

I've always liked Reed. But then again, my two favorites have always been Sergio and Poulter. So what do I know? LOL. I have to be honest here though. What good did Reed possibly think would come from saying this publicly? If it was something he thought needed to be said, shouldn't he have done it (and left it) in the team room?

if there is any defense for reed, it's that the reporter knew his target well. reed isn't afraid to speak his mind, and he often has unpopular/controversial opinions. he also likes to be an outcast. now here is an opportunity to get this guy when he is really raw. not only did his team just get their a$$es handed to them in what is likely one of the most important golf events to reed, but he is also likely to feel slighted by his captain and teammates given 1) not being fully utilized, and 2) not playing with spieth.

so the reporter jumped on his prey, and caught reed at a time when he was not likely to use his best judgment. would he have said the same things a year from now? maybe.

I agree to a point c a. Obviously Reed is responsible for what comes out of his mouth, but that reporter knew they had a guy who was disappointed and would likely say exactly what's on his mind. I think it's an ugly look for Team USA and will certainly be an area of serious contention in 2 years when we tee em up in this event again. More likely than not we'll see all of these players in the Ryder Cup in 2020....should get interesting. If we wonder why the US can't win a Ryder Cup we really don't need to look much further than this thread/story right here. You don't see/hear stuff like this coming from the Euro side of the pond.

I agree to a point c a. Obviously Reed is responsible for what comes out of his mouth, but that reporter knew they had a guy who was disappointed and would likely say exactly what's on his mind. I think it's an ugly look for Team USA and will certainly be an area of serious contention in 2 years when we tee em up in this event again. More likely than not we'll see all of these players in the Ryder Cup in 2020....should get interesting. If we wonder why the US can't win a Ryder Cup we really don't need to look much further than this thread/story right here. You don't see/hear stuff like this coming from the Euro side of the pond.

Need you as capn and @mcrock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Question. Let’s say Reed doesn’t qualify but is 10th in points and is coming off a win. Does he make the team?

Question. Let’s say Reed doesn’t qualify but is 10th in points and is coming off a win. Does he make the team?

if I am captain? no way. I leave this whiny POS and his cancer wife at home.

Need you as capn and @mcrock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Europe doesn't stand a chance.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

if I am captain? no way. I leave this whiny POS and his cancer wife at home.

Its an interesting thought for a lot of the players (meaning who to choose). This one being a home game, it would seem weird not to have Captain America, but honestly to me there is some weird stuff going on. Its pretty well documented that he is nearly a different person when wife is present, but if there is enough smoke, there is usually fire.

if there is any defense for reed, it's that the reporter knew his target well. reed isn't afraid to speak his mind, and he often has unpopular/controversial opinions. he also likes to be an outcast. now here is an opportunity to get this guy when he is really raw. not only did his team just get their a$$es handed to them in what is likely one of the most important golf events to reed, but he is also likely to feel slighted by his captain and teammates given 1) not being fully utilized, and 2) not playing with spieth.

so the reporter jumped on his prey, and caught reed at a time when he was not likely to use his best judgment. would he have said the same things a year from now? maybe.

Learned who the reporter was that asked it this afternoon, and let’s just say I’m not at all surprised at who they were and what organization they work for.

I stopped being a fan of Sergio back in 2007, when spat in the cup on the 13th hole at Doral. For that incident I think he should have been kicked off the Tour for a minimum of one year.

Back