The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh snap!!! That sucks bro!

It's ridiculous. WTF even happens at 25 that makes them say "oh, I think that's the age of responsibility". Now I'm probably going to have to go back to shipping my car. Great, can't wait to deal with that.

Your capitalizing of just about any comment = immediate enjoyment for me Ricky!! I love it!

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Thats why youre one of the only people on THP that follows me and my potty mouth on twitter..lol

We played yesterday at 11 A.M. and it was shockingly empty for such a nice weekend day. The group in front of us was 3 or 4 holes ahead of us. We were moving right along through the front 9. On the 7th hole my playing partner hit his tee shot onto the edge of the 8th fairway. As he was at his ball, the group ahead of us, who I guess we were starting to catch up to, hit right into us. We were in their fairway, and its a blind tee shot, so you can't blame them. We move over out of the way, wait until they are done teeing off and are riding up to their balls, and my playing partner hits his ball. We play out the hole, and move on to the 8th tee.

I tee up my ball, and hit a great shot. Right after my playing partner hits his, the guy in front of us drives back up the hill (remember its a blind tee shot), and gives us the stink eye. We were shocked, and immediately went down to apologize. The grumpy old guys went off and threw a hissy fit. I continued to apologize, but it was never accepted. We played behind them the rest of the round, and got stink eyes constantly.

I'm always extremely cautious about hitting into people, but mistakes happen. Like I said they had just hit into us 10 minutes earlier in the exact same spot. And why in the world they were still in the same fairway 10 minutes later. I get being upset about it, I would have been too. But when it is an accident, and an apology is offered, its time to move on.

It's ridiculous. WTF even happens at 25 that makes them say "oh, I think that's the age of responsibility". Now I'm probably going to have to go back to shipping my car. Great, can't wait to deal with that.

Check out Enterprise, they were the only company that didn't have that surcharge a few years ago when I ran into the same issue. Of course, things may have changed since then, but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bro's and Bra's my handicap went up. WTC. 14.9. LOL. Nah I don't care. Just not in a ranty rantifer mood.

Can't you get a parent to sign off on it?

you should probably buy a set of irons then....that'll get it back down

Bro's and Bra's my handicap went up. WTC. 14.9. LOL. Nah I don't care. Just not in a ranty rantifer mood.

Really? NO-ONE knows where the school put all of the old textbooks? SERIOUSLY?

I'm just looking for some ancient world geography books here so I can revive the class. Kids don't know where ANYTHING is nowadays.

Check out Enterprise, they were the only company that didn't have that surcharge a few years ago when I ran into the same issue. Of course, things may have changed since then, but it's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, ill do that.
Can't you get a parent to sign off on it?

Not sure, but I doubt it since I'll be the one actually driving the car. I'm about to call them right now. Things could turn ugly.

Car rental companies can shove it. 1500$ surcharge for being under 25? Go @#$! yourself.

Seriously? One can get around these charges pretty easily. The rental car companies set up special rates, rental rules with small business, corporations, etc. Thats why there is a 'group code' type box on most car rental sites. What you need to do is find a corporate code that you can legally (of course) use. I would first start with talking to someone at your employer and ask them if they have a rental code for any of the car rental places. I am sure you are not the first intern that will need a car rental. Most times, large businesses get better rates, better insurance, & fees waived because of negotiated contracts. Talk to your recruiter, they will know or point you to someone who will know.

If you're unsuccessful there, hit up Google for a code you can use (legally of course). Companies like AmEx, AAA, USAA, etc have similar codes like mentioned above. What I wouldn't do is use Google to find a code for a company you have no relation to.

Hope this helps bro, let me know if you have questions, etc

This is a stupid rant, but SOMEONE take these Di11s off of my hands! I have a ponder to complete and I'm SOOOOO close to an OEM.

I'm searching for a response but can't find one...

I'm just looking for some ancient world geography books here so I can revive the class. Kids don't know where ANYTHING is nowadays.

Seriously? One can get around these charges pretty easily. The rental car companies set up special rates, rental rules with small business, corporations, etc. Thats why there is a 'group code' type box on most car rental sites. What you need to do is find a corporate code that you can legally (of course) use. I would first start with talking to someone at your employer and ask them if they have a rental code for any of the car rental places. I am sure you are not the first intern that will need a car rental. Most times, large businesses get better rates, better insurance, & fees waived because of negotiated contracts. Talk to your recruiter, they will know or point you to someone who will know.

If you're unsuccessful there, hit up Google for a code you can use (legally of course). Companies like AmEx, AAA, USAA, etc have similar codes like mentioned above. What I wouldn't do is use Google to find a code for a company you have no relation to.

Yeah, I have the corporate rate for rentals through them, but they said I had to use their personal rate, as corporate didn't apply to personal use. The surcharge was associated with the personal rate. However, when I called the Hertz location where I'll be at, he gave me a quote that was in line with the corporate rate and said thats what they usually give to interns. I've contacted the Hr people, so hopefully they can help me out. My family has AAA and that discount isn't bad, but if I can use this corporate rate I'd much rather do that.

You do see the irony in that situation correct? Thank you for the laugh man.

Yeah, I have the corporate rate for rentals through them, but they said I had to use their personal rate, as corporate didn't apply to personal use. The surcharge was associated with the personal rate. However, when I called the Hertz location where I'll be at, he gave me a quote that was in line with the corporate rate and said thats what they usually give to interns. I've contacted the Hr people, so hopefully they can help me out. My family has AAA and that discount isn't bad, but if I can use this corporate rate I'd much rather do that.

Hertz is the way to go (imo). Make sure you are signed up to their #1 rewards program too (free) so you earn free rentals when you rent.

Hertz is the way to go (imo). Make sure you are signed up to their #1 rewards program too (free) so you earn free rentals when you rent.

Yeah. I just keep getting conflicting reports. One person is telling me I have to use the personal rate, where Hertz themselves gave me the corporate rate and said thats what they normally do. Having to go through mass emails to various people to figure out what's right is a pain in the ass.

You do see the irony in that situation correct? Thank you for the laugh man.

Sadly, yes. Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a corporate code! hehe. I just wouldnt wanrt to get canned over it

I have a corporate code! hehe. I just wouldnt wanrt to get canned over it

I have the corporate code too, but I just don't want to risk getting in trouble over it. It's just dumb.

I have the corporate code too, but I just don't want to risk getting in trouble over it. It's just dumb.

I wouldn't risk it either, let me do some research. Do you plan to put it on a Visa, Amex, MC, Discover?

I wouldn't risk it either, let me do some research. Do you plan to put it on a Visa, Amex, MC, Discover?

Visa. I've sent out a bunch of emails too, but mostly getting back out of office replies right now, so may be a few days. I'm flying out there Thursday to look at apartments and when my Dad and I stop to pick up our rental car may get to talk to the people at Hertz more in depth about it. I don't see why they'd offer out the corporate rate if they weren't supposed to. There's no doubt they go through this all the time.

I'll do some research. Also, don't forget about Name Your Own Price thru Priceline. You can only do a month at a time using name your own price, but I bet this would be the cheapest way to go. You could just submit different bids so you can pickup your new car at the same time you drop off your old one. Pain in the a, but if it saves ya cash its worth it.

PM me when you get back if you want more help. I'm young too & travel all the time for work so I enjoy saving as much cash as possible.

I'll do some research. Also, don't forget about Name Your Own Price thru Priceline. You can only do a month at a time using name your own price, but I bet this would be the cheapest way to go. You could just submit different bids so you can pickup your new car at the same time you drop off your old one. Pain in the a, but if it saves ya cash its worth it.

PM me when you get back if you want more help. I'm young too & travel all the time for work so I enjoy saving as much cash as possible.

Cool, didn't know about the Priceline thing. I'm gonna check that out. Thanks man, I'll let u know what happens after this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back