The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working my 5th 12-hour weekend shift in the last 3 weekends. That's right, only one weekend day off over the past 3 weeks. Very poor scheduling on my part.

Working my 5th 12-hour weekend shift in the last 3 weekends. That's right, only one weekend day off over the past 3 weeks. Very poor scheduling on my part.

Yeah, but think about all those GD shafts you could buy with all that money!

Yeah, but think about all those GD shafts you could buy with all that money!

I wish that was the case. These were actually all normally scheduled shifts, not extra hours, so no extra money for me. I normally work every 3rd weekend, but I squeezed all of the weekend shifts over the past 2 months into these 3 weekends. Looking back, that wasn't a wise move.

I wish that was the case. These were actually all normally scheduled shifts, not extra hours, so no extra money for me. I normally work every 3rd weekend, but I squeezed all of the weekend shifts over the past 2 months into these 3 weekends. Looking back, that wasn't a wise move.

bummer! Does that mean that you get some time during the week off? I'd much rather play golf during the week than on the weekend.

Sorry to hear that JN but its a mental game. My rant is that today was supposed to be beautiful, all week sunday was supposed to be blue sky and sunshine, and today comes and its grey and rainy. Booooooo. At least its not windy.

Yep we have had some sunny days lately but it has been nothing but SUPER windy and its irritating. I wanna get out and hit some shots and know exactly what my shot is doing rather than having the wind carry it 20 yards one direction or another.

Fact I play a lot of my golf during the week as i either finish at 2pm or start at 2pm

bummer! Does that mean that you get some time during the week off? I'd much rather play golf during the week than on the weekend.

Fact I play a lot of my golf during the week as i either finish at 2pm or start at 2pm

I play every Monday. That's my golf day. I love it. I can usually play at least 27, and all those slow playing idiots aren't on the golf course.

I do get time off during the week, I play almost all my golf during the week. It's a nice tradeoff, but there are some times where I'd still prefer to be home on weekends so that I could spend time with my wife too.

During the week, I can have shifts at work at start at 2 PM or 4 PM. A perfect day is to play 18 at the local muni in the morning, then go in to work. However, I've had to work a lot of weekday morning shifts recently, that cuts into golf time.

Ever since hitting i20 irons at a demo day last Wednesday, I can't seem to keep the handle on my 2.0s. It's in my head now that they are far from what I should be hitting (2* flat) and I've gone from hitting them well to hitting them great whenever I don't remember that they're too long and too steep.
I was flat out killing the 2 flat 7 iron i20 that day. Hit the range green 150 out at least 9/10 balls.

Neighbors griping out my wife for the work we've done to our yard since finding out we won't have to sell and move for her residency.

Really? Trimming wild trees up and building nice flower beds bother you? I bet you'll be irritated beyond belief when we seed or sod the front then too! Also, taking a small pile of brush off into the middle of the woods irritates you?

Why can people not be happy?

had a much needed lesson today and everything i can possibly do bad im really doing bad
no wonder i cant hit my driver

Our power has been out for over an hour now, it's hot, getting dark out and we don't have any flashlights...this blows!

That sucks. Except the hot part. I'd like some of that warm weather around here. It's been pretty chilly lately.

Are you at home right now or in the RV?

We deal with pretty frequent outages, the best thing I can tell you to do is go outside, drink a glass of wine, and relax.
Our power has been out for over an hour now, it's hot, getting dark out and we don't have any flashlights...this blows!

Ugh the hot part make me irritable just thinking about it, like Wider irritated. Time to move into the RV!

We deal with pretty frequent outages, the best thing I can tell you to do is go outside, drink a glass of wine, and relax.

If we were on the RV, we would start the generator. Never without power in the Tour Van.

We are home. If we has the RV we could just turn on the generator and have the lights and AC working.

We get outages but normally they last 10 minutes this is taking forever!

Gotcha, like I said, make yourself a drink, maybe grab a cigar, and go sit on the porch for a while. Sitting around the house with the power out is nothing but boring.
If we were on the RV, we would start the generator. Never without power in the Tour Van.

Our outages normally last a few hours. I hate Alabama power with a burning passion, lol.
We are home. If we has the RV we could just turn on the generator and have the lights and AC working.

We get outages but normally they last 10 minutes this is taking forever!

Ugh the hot part make me irritable just thinking about it, like Wider irritated. Time to move into the RV!

You know us, this is not something we would choose. The irony here is that we own a RV, but do not have access to it right now, otherwise we would be on there. We are trying to find out if its an all night thing (in which case we get a hotel), or something being fixed with in the hour. All I know is that on our anniversary, this is not a choice we would have made.

You know us, this is not something we would choose. The irony here is that we own a RV, but do not have access to it right now, otherwise we would be on there. We are trying to find out if its an all night thing (in which case we get a hotel), or something being fixed with in the hour. All I know is that on our anniversary, this is not a choice we would have made.

Ouch, dang guys, that sucks. I forgot that your anniversary was this time of year. Here's to getting that power back on.

Well, I made a dick out of myself in that thread. Not sure why I get so into arguments like that.

JR you most certainly did not, always stand for what you believe in. No one can tell you what or how to feel. It's all good buddy!

What awful timing. I hate being hot while sitting around in my house too. Its the worst. Cant sleep. Cant watch TV. Pretty soon your devices will die too. ugh lol. By 10PM you have to retreat if its not back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back