The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like I'm walking into the middle of something and I have no idea what's going on. Deep breaths. Serenity now. Deep thoughts. You know, all those things...

Things like this are kind of a growing pain I am afraid. Where we can start being different is to not be the typical forum presence on the net and understand people instead of taking the immediate negative approach. We have to remember that these guys could be some of our best friends in life, but are just new to the scene. I remember when I first got on forums 11 years ago, I made some awful posts and threads trying to get attention. People were patient with me and didn't just kill me and turn me off. This is supposed to be a paradise for all golfers and we should be mature enough to understand that people need to learn.

If a duplicate thread comes up, the mods can just move it into the appropriate thread and explain to the OP why they did this. I am guilty of bashing stupid threads in this thread, but I completely understand where TMex is coming from and I agree completely with it.

Ugh...About to lose a ton of money in the market because TD Ameritrade just screwed up and didnt cancel an order -.-

Edit...5 seconds later I am down 50$

THis is absolutely false! Nobody is above respecting people and rules of the forum!
If I am out of line, I apologize. I am not above the forum and I am a member just like everyone else. My apologies if I stepped over the line.

Things like this are kind of a growing pain I am afraid. Where we can start being different is to not be the typical forum presence on the net and understand people instead of taking the immediate negative approach. We have to remember that these guys could be some of our best friends in life, but are just new to the scene. I remember when I first got on forums 11 years ago, I made some awful posts and threads trying to get attention. People were patient with me and didn't just kill me and turn me off. This is supposed to be a paradise for all golfers and we should be mature enough to understand that people need to learn.

If a duplicate thread comes up, the mods can just move it into the appropriate thread and explain to the OP why they did this. I am guilty of bashing stupid threads in this thread, but I completely understand where TMex is coming from and I agree completely with it.

+205. We all love making fun, and someone will have to have a thick skin to be around in some respects. Just when it starts getting angry is when it needs to stop.

If I am out of line, I apologize. I am not above the forum and I am a member just like everyone else. My apologies if I stepped over the line.

I didnt think there was anything wrong with your thread. You asked a question and are looking for responses. The notion that you were "allowed", because of who you are is what I was questioning.

My first official post on THP. I live in a burn of Cleveland and work part-time at one of the best public courses around. It's been sunny and nice almost all winter so far (proverbial KISS OF DEATH). I wanna play..courses are closed.

+205. We all love making fun, and someone will have to have a thick skin to be around in some respects. Just when it starts getting angry is when it needs to stop.

Well said, good to be reminded of that at times.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I didnt think there was anything wrong with your thread. You asked a question and are looking for responses. The notion that you were "allowed", because of who you are is what I was questioning.

I was just about to respond. Not for JB mind you but the insinuation that was placed before that. I don't think it was. Even if you were being sarcastic.

My first official post on THP. I live in a burn of Cleveland and work part-time at one of the best public courses around. It's been sunny and nice almost all winter so far (proverbial KISS OF DEATH). I wanna play..courses are closed.

Welcome to the forum! And yes, it sucks when courses are closed during ok golfing weather...

Ok.... I hope no one really thinks I am 'allowed' to do anything.

Market should be up today so hopefully your losses aren't too bad

Ugh...About to lose a ton of money in the market because TD Ameritrade just screwed up and didnt cancel an order -.-

Edit...5 seconds later I am down 50$

Welcome! You should step over to the check in desk. You must be entertained by this ranting haha.

Ok.... I hope no one really thinks I am 'allowed' to do anything.

I think you are allowed to crash my Super Bowl party and have a great time! :)

Early morning bro hugs.....all good in the hood.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Also, I think it is ok to rant about stupid threads here because this is the rant thread.

I disagree. Well-liked and long time members can do things that newer or disliked members would annoy people by doing.

People get treated differently here, just as it would be any other social situation.

EDIT: No one said the word 'allowed'.

I am gonna have a rant if Seth just page jacked me.

Getting page raped does suck.

90$...Im about to lose it since I have to pay 10$ on top of losses to dump it.

You are the king of the first post though. I swear you know how to get to the top of the page better than anybody I know.

Thainster just gave up my secret. 30 post per page ese, change it in settings and no more page rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back