The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is just a natural evolution. The kids are good enough to play in the NBA so they go. I rec the NBA could make it mandatory to go to school for 3 years before being drafted yeah? What if an athlete is too dumb to get into a school?

Believe me, they will get into a school. Do you know how many athletes are too dumb to go to school but end up at schools like Notre Dame and Stanford, etc?

Believe me, they will get into a school. Do you know how many athletes are too dumb to go to school but end up at schools like Notre Dame and Stanford, etc?

true. You do hear stories of kids going to a community college to get their grades up.

true. You do hear stories of kids going to a community college to get their grades up.

True story, I went to High School with a kid named Matt LoVechhio. He was as dumb as a brick and I am not being facetious. His family was LOADED. There was another kid named Dan Marsh that was a straight A student and for 4 years of high school all this kid talked about was how he wanted to go to Notre Dame. He scored a 1300 on his SAT's was in all kinds of clubs and whatnot and did not get accepted to Notre Dame. Matt on the other hand scored a 780 on his SAT's and was the all-state QB and his family had alot of money. Matt attended Notre Dame University on a football scholarship. He played in a few games. Stunk up the field and then ended up transferring to Indiana University. Is that fair to a kid that really tried and wanted nothing more than to go to Notre Dame? Of course it isnt.

that may not be the best arguement, particularly with Stanford. They're always ranked #1 or #2 for overall sports/academic performance and I assure you it's not because of a high percentage of 'dumb athletes'

that may not be the best arguement, particularly with Stanford. They're always ranked #1 or #2 for overall sports/academic performance and I assure you it's not because of a high percentage of 'dumb athletes'

See my post above about Notre Dame. It happens more than people think and it is not right. Why do we think america is the way it is? the youth of america want and most times get everything handed to them. No one has to work for anything anymore.

I just saw that Dev....I agree that it's not right but unfortunately it's the 'system' right now. Totally agree with the bolded part but that comes from a multitude of different things, not just spoiled athletes, which could be a separate thread of its own.

See my post above about Notre Dame. It happens more than people think and it is not right. Why do we think america is the way it is? the youth of america want and most times get everything handed to them. No one has to work for anything anymore.

Honestly, right now, if I had a chance to play a professional sport or stay in school I would leave. I graduated from college over two years ago and I haven't been able to find a job.

Honestly, right now, if I had a chance to play a professional sport or stay in school I would leave. I graduated from college over two years ago and I haven't been able to find a job.

Just curious - what degree did you obtain?

Weird Ohioans giving the rest of us a bad rep.

Just curious - what degree did you obtain?

I have a degree in history, not really interested in teaching unless its at the college level. I worked part time in an office for 1.5 years...20 hours a week. Long story short, they promised me a lot of things and never delivered, my dad became very sick and I quit to take care of him. Its going on two years and if I was still there I still wouldn't have a full time job so I didn't lose much. Its a tough one, dads pretty sick, I don't get out much but to the gym for an hour or so a day or to the golf course once a week. I always have applied for jobs though, never hear anything.

Planned golf this afternoon, tornado sirens going off now. Maybe tomorrow....grrrr.

Planned golf this afternoon, tornado sirens going off now. Maybe tomorrow....grrrr.

Go play, if you see one coming just jump in a bunker and wait for it to pass. I thought Texans weren't to be messed with?

Go play, if you see one coming just jump in a bunker and wait for it to pass. I thought Texans weren't to be messed with?
Everything is bigger in Texas, I guess that applies to Tornado's as well?

True, of course a stiff breeze and cookie would end up in Oklahoma.

:clown:

Yep, like 5 of them on the ground right now across the DFW area. Wife is out shopping and they won't let her leave the store.

True, of course a stiff breeze and cookie would end up in Oklahoma.

:clown:

LMAO - good one! Repped.

Yep, like 5 of them on the ground right now across the DFW area. Wife is out shopping and they won't let her leave the store.

LMAO - good one! Repped.

Holy crap, hope everyone is hunkered down.

What is it with the join the forum, make four new threads and stop posting business? Well at least it gives me merging practice.

Well, we learned how to avoid dark circles under our eyes, thats a plus.

Well, we learned how to avoid dark circles under our eyes, thats a plus.

I read that hemorrhoid creams work too, haha.

The United States Supreme Court. They are a 5 to 4 band of idiots.

I think that possibly a lot of them are geniuses. I just think that they use that genius to do things that benefit themselves and screw over the rest of the country which goes against everything that they should stand for.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

I finally get to play golf today. Its been a while other than 9 holes with GG while on the road, I have not been able to play. Well this morning I get to and look at that. I dont have my clubs as they are on the tour van. No clubs, no accessories, etc. I have stuff to put a bag together, that is not really the issue, but almost all of the stuff I want to play is on the RV. It is packed with golf clubs, especially irons and drivers, so it could be rather interesting.

I finally get to play golf today. Its been a while other than 9 holes with GG while on the road, I have not been able to play. Well this morning I get to and look at that. I dont have my clubs as they are on the tour van. No clubs, no accessories, etc. I have stuff to put a bag together, that is not really the issue, but almost all of the stuff I want to play is on the RV. It is packed with golf clubs, especially irons and drivers, so it could be rather interesting.

LOL, that sux bro. Tough to keep track when you have so many toys now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back