The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you feel Chunky. I was taking an essay test in my online AP History class last year, and as I finished the 3rd of 4 essays, my computer froze. Also, I had spring training starting that day, and I had to arrange with central office and my coach to give me a few more hours.

My new dog is scared to death when I bring out a golf club to chip in the back yard. Just petrified as if someone beat her with a club before. Poor thing. There's nothing timid about her and she never acts like that until the club comes out.

We have one that is about 12, never been hit before, but she hates the golf clubs. The rest will chase the balls we hit in the back yard, but our little Pepper just goes to the door wanting in. I'm guessing she doesn't like the sound. (She also is afraid of thunder.)

I played in a scramble for a buddy's church today. We played behind some real hackers, obviously didn't play too much, one buy was particularly awful, but thats the way scrambles go so no one cared. He was hitting a hole bunch of balls, and then rounding them up. Me and my buddy both hit good drives about 30 yards short of the green. All of a sudden his cart drives back up the fairway and he snags two balls, we thought for sure he hadn't just grabbed ours, but sure enough both of our balls were gone. My buddy drove up them on the next hole and asked if they had accidently grabbed out balls, sure enough he came back with My B330, and his ProV1, both with our markings on them. My buddy did say he apologized and said its his first time playing and couldn't tell the difference between balls.

About 9 holes later, on a par 3, mine ended up about 10 feet left of the green, a little past pin high. I see his cart ride over to the area, and I was sure it hadn't happened again. Got down to the hole and once again my ball is gone, same B330 with a noticable red sharpie mark. Sure enough my ball is GONE, I walked over and asked, and he said he hadn't grabbed it.

I understood it the first time, and he apologized, but he certainly grabbed it the second time and didn't own up to it. After the round he was "amen"ing everything and putting on the the whole show. Certainly didn't make me anymore likely to attend the church.

Other than that we had a great time.

My new dog is scared to death when I bring out a golf club to chip in the back yard. Just petrified as if someone beat her with a club before. Poor thing. There's nothing timid about her and she never acts like that until the club comes out.

Maybe she just does not like the way you chip? :laughing:

I know how you feel Chunky. I was taking an essay test in my online AP History class last year, and as I finished the 3rd of 4 essays, my computer froze. Also, I had spring training starting that day, and I had to arrange with central office and my coach to give me a few more hours.

First time I've ever been mistaken for CB. He is a handsome man so I am flattered

First time I've ever been mistaken for CB. He is a handsome man so I am flattered
LOL, thanks dude. We do look a little different but both in very handsome ways.

LMAO, sorry CB! Little scatterbrained.

Went to an Adidas/TM friends and family sale today (the golf course I work at got us passes). It was talked up to be a huge sale; 50% off apparel and accessories, 30% off equipment. What a joke. They had this teeny little tent with a VERY very small selection. Disappointing, as I was hoping to expand my wardrobe.

Have you put it near her and let her sniff it etc?

No I haven't. As soon as she sees me pick it up she takes off running to the door.

I shudder when I see OG's short game, so maybe the ee puppy got a glimpse of that.

That's it! She saw him practicing and it tortured her!

We have one that is about 12, never been hit before, but she hates the golf clubs. The rest will chase the balls we hit in the back yard, but our little Pepper just goes to the door wanting in. I'm guessing she doesn't like the sound. (She also is afraid of thunder.)

That's good to know. She doesn't seem like an abused dog at all. Hopefully she wasn't.

Maybe she just does not like the way you chip? :laughing:

So just imagine how she would feel if she saw you! :alien:

Well, I made a dick out of myself in that thread. Not sure why I get so into arguments like that.

Well, I made a dick out of myself in that thread. Not sure why I get so into arguments like that.

YOu didn't either, it was obviously something you took personally, and I can see why. It happens man. You didn't revert to personal attacks or say **** you will regret.

Alright I mean we ordered our drivers and 3 woods before the Cleveland staffers ordered just their drivers, and they are already getting their 3 woods that they ordered at least a week after we ordered our drivers.

LOL, its a stupid rant cause I have awesome golf equipment coming but who the hell does Cleveland ship with and can Callaway start shipping with them?

Sorry breezey! That's a rant worth ranting about.

My rant are my parents. I sure do love them but I hate when the call and tell me to call and Aunt or an Uncle. Just b/c they were asking about us. Freaking call us!!!!

Played 10 holes today wanted to play 18 but we got hit into twice so we left for our own safety. I rang the course this morning to see could they get us (2 Ball) out around 1.30pm, got told ya no prob but you would have to be here on time as there was a kids competition on before us.

So we were there at 1pm and the starter said they had a few drop outs for the comp so we could get out a little bit earlier. Cool. Played 5 holes no problem and we were behind 3 kids that were pretty good ball strikers, one of them was a girl who was hitting more greens than the 2 lads.

Hole 6 par 5 we knew 2 old lads were catching up with us. We teed off both down the right side of the fairway but Seamus's had run into the rough and we were looking for it but as soon as we stopped at my ball the 2 old guys had hit landing no more than 10 yards behind us. We didn't bother saying anything.

Hole 10 short dogleg par 4 230yards out then a 90`turn to the right leaving 100yards to the green. The kids in front of us were gone because we checked so we both hit 3 woods to the turn. Walked up to our balls and the kids were just coming off the green. Mine had faded around the turn but Seamus was just at the turn which could be seen from the tee. AGAIN the 2 old effers hit one of them missing Seamus's head by a foot. At this point the starter was following the kids games and had seen what happened. He said he would make note of it and apologized.

We left after finishing the 10th as it just wasn't worth it. I complained in the proshop on the way out.

Hitting into people is dangerous and stupid.

Rant over

My rant are my parents. I sure do love them but I hate when the call and tell me to call and Aunt or an Uncle. Just b/c they were asking about us. Freaking call us!!!!

I thought when you and One-T called your parents you were calling your Aunt and Uncle! haha

Alright I mean we ordered our drivers and 3 woods before the Cleveland staffers ordered just their drivers, and they are already getting their 3 woods that they ordered at least a week after we ordered our drivers.

LOL, its a stupid rant cause I have awesome golf equipment coming but who the hell does Cleveland ship with and can Callaway start shipping with them?

See, now that is a rant I would LOVE to have. Seriously.

There was an idiot fishing in a pond that is 100 yards in front of a tee box. In other words, directly where my miss would be if I thinned it.

Packing and or moving sucks. A lot.

There was an idiot fishing in a pond that is 100 yards in front of a tee box. In other words, directly where my miss would be if I thinned it.
Hopefully he was doing catch and release. I would never eat a fish out of a pond on any golf course.

To be fair, I don't think much fertilizer goes down around here. It is a very.... natural golf course.

Listening to an ASMR relaxation track and my parents are yelling for no reason.

So I stayed home and did chores this morning because there was a Charity Church Scramble at my course this morning, so I go to the course about 2:05 to do a quick short game practice and play 18 holes....and I find out that they changed the time of the tournament on Thursday for some unknown to me reason and it didn't tee off until 1pm so the friggin course is closed!! :angry:

Now, I understand courses needing to host these events because they make good money on the golf and the food and beverage stuff, but I am a member and I pay a fee every month for the priveledge to play golf.....the least they could do was email the course members and let them know of the schedule change!!!!!!!

If I would have known, I would have played this morning!!

I did spend about 3 hours on the range and the practice green, but didn't get to play a single hole!

I am about to be late to go parasailing thanks to the absolutely ridiculous Honolulu traffic!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back