The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called last night to see what time I work today, as our schedule changes every week. The closer told me 9-5. Get here at 8:45 to find out I don't work at all today. Lovely.

Just getting word that my 2 of my friend's friends were also in a car crash.. One has passed away and the other was in a coma, with broken wrists and brain damage and things are not looking good for him. Rough week. :neutral:

Really sorry to hear this. Prayers sent your way

That reminded me of another rant.

When I pulled into my driveway tonight around 1130, the headlight to my patrol car was on.

Not related to anything, but it just reminded me of a funny story.

One of our friends has a daughter who is a Sherriff's Deputy in Florida. She was going out of town for a few weeks, so she asked her dad to start up her patrol car every day, just to keep battery charged.

You can probably see what's coming....he does as instructed for a few days, but finally, the urge gets the better of him and he figures he has to try the siren/lights just once real briefly. He flips them on, but then can't figure out how to get them off. He ends up having to call the Sheriff's Department to ask how to get it turned off.

I'm sure some of his neighbors had a rant that day.

My rant is that the rough at my favorite course got worse, yuck
7990448748_b0dc34d375.jpg

Thats not rough. Thats the jungle
That's what most courses call "native grasses".

Just getting word that my 2 of my friend's friends were also in a car crash.. One has passed away and the other was in a coma, with broken wrists and brain damage and things are not looking good for him. Rough week. :neutral:

Wow, BCS, thoughts go out to you and your friends.

Can't imagine....so sorry. Will be thinking about them.

WOW, I'm sorry about that, I'll help you in any way I can man.

Jacqui gave me some crappy news while I was up in Iowa.

They are rebuilding all of the tee boxes, leveling several fairways and moving a couple of greens. That we already knew, and over the winter they were going to be closing several holes to play.

On Thursday they decided they were going to rebuild ALL of the greens as well, so instead of making it a two year project and make the course a nine hole track for two years, they are shutting down this week. That's SHUT DOWN until May of next year.

That's cool that they decided to just piss off people for 8 or 9 months instead of two years, but my wife works there! Luckily, she is going to pick up hours at the other courses in the meantime. The bad thing is that she has a long commute to both places, when we live just 8 minutes from where she works now.

The course should be gorgeous when they re-open.

That sucks Smally! Two years, WOW.

That sucks Smally! Two years, WOW.

Nope, 8 or 9 months it will be closed. The work would have taken two years had they left it open.

Nope, 8 or 9 months it will be closed. The work would have taken two years had they left it open.

Ah, see kids, reading things twice is essential when you've been in Iowa for the weekend.

That makes more sense, I was thinking WOW. Even still, that will be a long time for sure and I'm sure it'll feel like even more being 8 minutes down the road.

My rant is that the pro shop sells everything for $100 over the other stores, come on an R11s for 480? I told them taylormade sells them for 380 and the guy was like oh we don't at the moment

My rant is that the pro shop sells everything for $100 over the other stores, come on an R11s for 480? I told them taylormade sells them for 380 and the guy was like oh we don't at the moment

Have you asked if they'll price match the big box stores? I remember my old pro shop doing that many times.

Thats nuts. I feel like most pro shops are pretty overpriced though

Jacqui gave me some crappy news while I was up in Iowa.

They are rebuilding all of the tee boxes, leveling several fairways and moving a couple of greens. That we already knew, and over the winter they were going to be closing several holes to play.

On Thursday they decided they were going to rebuild ALL of the greens as well, so instead of making it a two year project and make the course a nine hole track for two years, they are shutting down this week. That's SHUT DOWN until May of next year.

That's cool that they decided to just piss off people for 8 or 9 months instead of two years, but my wife works there! Luckily, she is going to pick up hours at the other courses in the meantime. The bad thing is that she has a long commute to both places, when we live just 8 minutes from where she works now.

The course should be gorgeous when they re-open.

That sucks Smalls, but I am looking forward to seeing it when it reopens. Where are you going to play in the meantime?

That sucks Smalls, but I am looking forward to seeing it when it reopens. Where are you going to play in the meantime?

Probably Falcon Lakes and Royal Meadows.

I have like a 20% Internet working. THP will open, but my The Facebook page and everything else won't open.

Kevin

I have like a 20% Internet working. THP will open, but my The Facebook page and everything else won't open.

Kevin

THP is all you need bud,

THP is all you need bud,

Wrong, my jazz hearted friend. It may be enough for some, but I'm a man of tremendous Internet appetites.

Kevin

Wrong, my jazz hearted friend. It may be enough for some, but I'm a man of tremendous Internet appetites.

Kevin

hahah ok that makes sense, hopefully your internet works again haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back