The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
effing cold wont go away

effing cold wont go away

Dang dude, I hate it when that happens! I got hit pretty hard this last weekend man, Buy some of those Vitamin C tablets and drink lots of orange juice and maybe some Day/NyQuil!

Get better!

That's pretty annoying when the cold just hangs around. It's never the full thing either is it? Usually a cough one day, blocked up the next, sore throat the next, begin again...

That's pretty annoying when the cold just hangs around. It's never the full thing either is it? Usually a cough one day, blocked up the next, sore throat the next, begin again...

yuck I hate it! I didn't get the cough this time though

Mikedean, I would PM Arydolphin, he may have a trick or something since he's a Doctor

Vitamin C and some meds is pretty good advice I reckon.

Pretty sure this happens with any company sending a phone for delivery.

Guy 1: "Let's just scan this (insert pre-order phone) package a few times to freak out the owner."
Guy 2: "Haha yeah!"
Guy 1 & Guy 2: *beep beep* *beep beep* *beep beep* *beep beep*
Guy 1: "MWHAAHAHahahahahaa......."

Time Warner.

Scheduled the DVR to record the Real Madrid- Man City game this afternoon while we were golfing. The damn DVR never recorded it. That makes three times it failed to record something. Luckily they are replaying the broadcast at 10 tonight so we can watch it then, but I gotta avoid a few places and websites so I don't see the result.

Spring 2013 can't get here soon enough for a switch to Google Fiber.

My rant is that nobody will tell me who the heck Clay is. Seems like not a very likeable person. :alien:

See that's where we differ.
Haha. Too bad I cant rep you.

My rant; Frank not fulfilling MC promises on threads he would start.

Not sure if this is the right thread as it belongs in the HHJJ but I was just told that the kid that was I was talking about earlier that had a chance, his brain stopped bleeding and his brain pressure has dropped significantly. Still a long road to recovery if it's still something that can happen (I think it can) but one step at a tome right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang dude, I hate it when that happens! I got hit pretty hard this last weekend man, Buy some of those Vitamin C tablets and drink lots of orange juice and maybe some Day/NyQuil!

Get better!

yeah been taking the tablets and hitting the OJ the last 2 days, feeling much better today, need to get back to 100% so I can resume that golfing thing

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I'm going to ask this question - How did the youth of today become such a "entitled" bunch? I continue to be amazed at how the new and younger employees demand the same benefits and pay as those that have been established and producing employees in a company. They don't want to work for anything, do the overtime or attend the company outings so that they can be seen. Nope, instead they demand to have what the others have and it flat out amazes me even today. Where did this come from? Parents that gave them everything? Robin Hood theory of everyone must be equal? Government plans of no class system? Where did this "entitlement" come from or has it always been there? I thought one had to work their way to the top but now it seems like that has been replaced with the do as little as possible and then demand a better position.

I have no idea Nate, but it's not only in the professional arena.

I take offense to that Nate. Ha kidding, it is funny when you'd adults complain about not having the seniority their elders do. I don't understand it either.

My theory is parenting. Speaking as a parent, I think most Parents today are afraid to let their kids 'fail' like mine did when I was growing up. Kids pick up on this and take advantage of it and become entitled because they know mom and dad will always pick them up if they fall or even worse bail them out if they get in any kind of trouble. Couple this with the 'everyone is a winner' mentality (which nauseates me) that's in today's school systems in the K-6th grade range and you have a bunch of buttery forged softies. This bleeds into work ethic and personal lives. I see it more and more with the new generation of the work force but you need to adapt to this somehow because as more of the 'older generation' retires the more of the new blood comes in and if you don't adpat then you'll die a slow death on the corporate vine and not maintain good talent.

At the risk of sounding like an old man, I'm going to ask this question - How did the youth of today become such a "entitled" bunch? I continue to be amazed at how the new and younger employees demand the same benefits and pay as those that have been established and producing employees in a company. They don't want to work for anything, do the overtime or attend the company outings so that they can be seen. Nope, instead they demand to have what the others have and it flat out amazes me even today. Where did this come from? Parents that gave them everything? Robin Hood theory of everyone must be equal? Government plans of no class system? Where did this "entitlement" come from or has it always been there? I thought one had to work their way to the top but now it seems like that has been replaced with the do as little as possible and then demand a better position.

I take offense to that Nate. Ha kidding, it is funny when you'd adults complain about not having the seniority their elders do. I don't understand it either.
There are exceptions to every rule for sure (and I think you are one of them!) You're a good seed Jesse, make no mistake. I think many times us "adults" get stuck in a position and can't move any further up in a company so a decision has to be made. Move on to greener fields or stay in your stuck position. I think many stay and regreat it later on. But other things have to also be considered like family, bills, etc.

My theory is parenting. Speaking as a parent, I think most Parents today are afraid to let their kids 'fail' like mine did when I was growing up. Kids pick up on this and take advantage of it and become entitled because they know mom and dad will always pick them up if they fall or even worse bail them out if they get in any kind of trouble. Couple this with the 'everyone is a winner' mentality (which nauseates me) that's in today's school systems in the K-6th grade range and you have a bunch of buttery forged softies. This bleeds into work ethic and personal lives. I see it more and more with the new generation of the work force but you need to adapt to this somehow because as more of the 'older generation' retires the more of the new blood comes in and if you don't adpat then you'll die a slow death on the corporate vine and not maintain good talent.

Think there is something to that Hanks. Heard on the radio the other day how one school was doing chearleader "tryouts" but that everyone that tried out was going to make the team becuase they didn't want to face the parents of the kids that they would have cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back