The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were Talking about speed limits hahahahahahahah I live outside El Paso Texas where it is 105* F most of the summer though

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I get for posting at this hour of the night.

This is what I get for posting at this hour of the night.

Hahaha too much work and not enough coffee

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The Eu and IMF. the banks in Cyprus are at breaking point. So the genius bureaucrats come up with a plan. At the weekend, they announce that all bank deposits in Cyprus will be taxed at 6,75% for deposits up to 20,000 Euro and 9.9% for larger deposits. The tax being retrospective to the previous Friday. So, my mother, retired and on a low income gets hit...how is that fair or sensible? What message does it send? Every European is now thinking - if I put my cash in the bank, are the government going to steal some? Punish the savers because banks made loans to people whom had no means or even intention of repaying loans? Madness.

The Eu and IMF. the banks in Cyprus are at breaking point. So the genius bureaucrats come up with a plan. At the weekend, they announce that all bank deposits in Cyprus will be taxed at 6,75% for deposits up to 20,000 Euro and 9.9% for larger deposits. The tax being retrospective to the previous Friday. So, my mother, retired and on a low income gets hit...how is that fair or sensible? What message does it send? Every European is now thinking - if I put my cash in the bank, are the government going to steal some? Punish the savers because banks made loans to people whom had no means or even intention of repaying loans? Madness.

Sounds like thieves are the only ones who will benefit, people will be keeping their money at home. That is terribly short sided policy.

Sounds like thieves are the only ones who will benefit, people will be keeping their money at home. That is terribly short sided policy.

Yep. Could even precipitate the collapse of the Euro. I can't imagine many people will leave their cash in the bank. Which is why the banks in Cyprus are all closed.

ALABAMA!!! Only freaking state I've ever been in where the interstate speed limit was 55!!!!! 59 North above Birmingham...200 ft after I pass into GA it shoots right back up to 70 and stays there.

I just don't get you 'Bammers!!!

In their slight defense, I think most of that 80-100 mile stretch is in construction of some sort. Besides, I've never found the Alabama Highway Patrol to be particularly strict on speed limits

In their slight defense, I think most of that 80-100 mile stretch is in construction of some sort. Besides, I've never found the Alabama Highway Patrol to be particularly strict on speed limits

I don't remember the speed limit being slower there. In fact I think it goes up when you cross into bama on I20.

Shoveling 4 inches of wet sludge at 6am is enough to make me just quit my job, pack up and move south. So sick of this.

Shoveling 4 inches of wet sludge at 6am is enough to make me just quit my job, pack up and move south. So sick of this.

Same dude. Lets do it, ill be your annoying upstairs neighbor

I don't remember the speed limit being slower there. In fact I think it goes up when you cross into bama on I20.

It's 70 in most places, but you know the speed at which Alabama does road construction. They've been working on 59 between Gadsden and Georgia for six years or so.

Do you mind parties until 3-4 am on Friday and Saturday nights? Loud music lots of banging

I dont but my wife and kid might. Oh well. I guess we will keep looking for roommates..haha

I dont but my wife and kid might. Oh well. I guess we will keep looking for roommates..haha

I kid.. but crying little girl I cannot do.. yet.

I really need to convince my gf we need to move south after graduation.

You alive Mr. Kong?

My other rant is that my buddy Ryan forgot to text me last night and he still hasnt found me a job down there yet. Me and Mward talked about starting our own Step Brothers-esque Real Estate company.

ALABAMA!!! Only freaking state I've ever been in where the interstate speed limit was 55!!!!! 59 North above Birmingham...200 ft after I pass into GA it shoots right back up to 70 and stays there.

I just don't get you 'Bammers!!!

You all would have hated driving before 1988. It was 55 mph max everywhere.

Isn't it still 55 through all of PA? When I drive back from my grandparents in Boston about 15 years ago it was the worst drive ever through PA.

My other rant is that my buddy Ryan forgot to text me last night and he still hasnt found me a job down there yet. Me and Mward talked about starting our own Step Brothers-esque Real Estate company.
Crap dude, I completely forgot. I will get it done for you, will set a reminder.

Crap dude, I completely forgot. I will get it done for you, will set a reminder.

Which one? Hopefully both. Will work for heat..

Isn't it still 55 through all of PA? When I drive back from my grandparents in Boston about 15 years ago it was the worst drive ever through PA.

Here is a speed limit map on wikipedia.

600px-US_speed_limits.svg.png

When I moved to Montana in 1999 the speed limit was "reasonable and prudent". A Geo Metro can get going really fast down the side of a mountain!

Rant 1: Six more inches of snow last night and still coming down.

Rant 2: Why can't courses standardize the tee box colors? How hard would it be for everyone to go Black, Blue, White, Gold, Red? This upsets my slight OCD.

Rant 3: Nothing yet, but the day is young.

Rant 1: Six more inches of snow last night and still coming down.

Rant 2: Why can't courses standardize the tee box colors? How hard would it be for everyone to go Black, Blue, White, Gold, Red? This upsets my slight OCD.

Rant 3: Nothing yet, but the day is young.
What if there are less tee boxes? What if there are more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back