The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still going on? Sucks to hear Thainer. Just ask for your money back and call them out to prevent others from going through a similar struggle.
We do have a feedback thread if this was done in the Marketplace.

T&P's would be appreciated for my child hood buddies dad. He had just went home from surgery to remove some cancer and went back in last night. Just got a text from him that they've had to do chest compressions several times. He is one of the many of our Neighbors growing up that all the dad's were close friends...my dad was the first to go many years ago... STUPID CANCER!
Be thinking about you and him today Doug! Fingers crossed.

I hate snow. End rant.

I'm sure I do. Just not off the top of my dome.

Time to go look at last years MC.
Match 1 – mcook77 & chunkylover vs ddec & arydolphin
Match 2 – JB & CoolBreeze vs seth0 & TripleBogieTim
Match 3 – Bullfrog & dhjkelly vs P4B & Hawk
Match 4 – INGolfer & One-T vs biggsy & SW
Match 5 – TC & Yoccos vs ghsace & howzat
Match 6 – tnolan & yorkem vs smallville & Hanks

sorry this happened, Thainer. I know emotions are high right now but looking at that list of players I see a whole bunch of names of people normally considered solid THPrs. You may want to tread a little lightly in publicly calling someone a liar. You say lie, the other person says mistake. Not saying you are right or wrong, just that on this site publicly calling someone out as a liar (and cheat, really) isn't a small thing. Again, sorry this happened.

Here is a speed limit map on wikipedia.

600px-US_speed_limits.svg.png

I wish Ohio was 70... I think only i80 is 70 around here... the larger highways like i75 and i71 are full on 65 all the way through the state. It sucks.

Guys, I want to say something, and some of you will disagree with me here. This is not about Thain's issue which is a material problem, not an emotional one.

We are five or six months from the events that lead to some of our forum members leaving us and going elsewhere. There are still hard-feelings on both sides of the fence there among some people. At this point though, people have pretty much found where they want to be. If some of them want to make snarky comments on social media...let them go unanswered, or unfollow those folks if they are driving you crazy. We have an excellent crew of Mods, Forum Leaders, and Leadership here that is perfectly capable of deciding what is worth responding to here on our forum. In my opinion, it's time for the rest of us to let this go.

We, as the THP Community, have so many positive things going on that we should be focusing on. Starting in Texas last week, there are 11 official events this year where THP members are going to be getting together and having a great time. There are forum testings galore going on and our THP Staff is reviewing products left and right. We are adding multiple members everyday, and are continuing to grow in very positive ways.

I wish Ohio was 70... I think only i80 is 70 around here... the larger highways like i75 and i71 are full on 65 all the way through the state. It sucks.

Ya, the Turnpike is the only thing that is 70 in OH. Taking 90 through Cleveland and up to Erie is only 65.

As I mentioned before it says "Maximum Speed Limits". If they had just made Texas completely blue instead of being the only state where they split it up, it would have been better.

And it is from Wikipedia. There is probably a better map somewhere!

As I mentioned before it says "Maximum Speed Limits". If they had just made Texas completely blue instead of being the only state where they split it up, it would have been better.

And it is from Wikipedia. There is probably a better map somewhere!

Everything on wikipedia is true. Wikipedia got me through college.

Excellent post, Donne.

Guys, I want to say something, and some of you will disagree with me here. This is not about Thain's issue which is a material problem, not an emotional one.

We are five or six months from the events that lead to some of our forum members leaving us and going elsewhere. There are still hard-feelings on both sides of the fence there among some people. At this point though, people have pretty much found where they want to be. If some of them want to make snarky comments on social media...let them go unanswered, or unfollow those folks if they are driving you crazy. We have an excellent crew of Mods, Forum Leaders, and Leadership here that is perfectly capable of deciding what is worth responding to here on our forum. In my opinion, it's time for the rest of us to let this go.

We, as the THP Community, have so many positive things going on that we should be focusing on. Starting in Texas last week, there are 11 official events this year where THP members are going to be getting together and having a great time. There are forum testings galore going on and our THP Staff is reviewing products left and right. We are adding multiple members everyday, and are continuing to grow in very positive ways.

Great post, it sucks that it happened but whats done is done. Let them enjoy themselves in their new home, and lets focus on how awesome our home is.

edited: Must be some roads I havent driven on yet

It's not incorrect, as it show the MAXIMUM speed limit. Texas is the only state that they broke it down to areas. They probably should have made Texas blue and been done with it.

I saw that after I made the post. The whole Texas thing just threw me off.

It's not incorrect, as it show the MAXIMUM speed limit. Texas is the only state that they broke it down to areas. They probably should have made Texas blue and been done with it.

Texas will never be shown as blue on a national map, of any kind for any reason. They wouldn't like that.

It does get old when you show up somewhere, and the blues are the ladies, or the Reds are the back.

What I hate is when courses use flag colors to distinguish pin locations, but then use funky colors.

We use white, purple, and orange. Kind of funky, but not unexpected lol.

We use white, purple, and orange. Kind of funky, but not unexpected lol.

I like the red, white and blue standard for the flags. Even I can remember them that way.

Texas will never be shown as blue on a national map, of any kind for any reason. They wouldn't like that.

Good catch, haha.

Wow, some of the stuff that goes on at this site just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Wow, some of the stuff that goes on at this site just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

Care to elaborate?

As much as I want some elaboration, depending on what Perkins is speaking on, I don't know if that box needs to be opened. That's just a gut feeling though.

Stomach issues are the worst. I haven't eaten in over two days. I know it's not good at all but I have zero, zero, zero appetite. Ugh.

In their slight defense, I think most of that 80-100 mile stretch is in construction of some sort. Besides, I've never found the Alabama Highway Patrol to be particularly strict on speed limits

Late response because I just woke up.

A lot of the areas were under construction. Which I could understand. But they were short stretches and then you would have a 10-15 mile stretch with no construction and its still 55. It would be understandable to throw up some temporary signs for the areas that were under construction. These were permanent signs bolted onto posts dug into the ground though. And they didn't change once you hit those stretches that weren't under construction.

You are right about the state patrol though. Not only were they not very strict. There wasn't a single one present on the highway my ENTIRE trip through Alabama. Do they even exist???

Care to elaborate?

I was just referring to adwillingham's post. I don't know exactly what's going on but I've noticed some familiar faces aren't around much anymore, I had no idea it was related to some sort of discontent or internal politics.

I think this is a great site and just get surprised when some people take things so seriously. I'm not on twitter or facebook so I'm really in the dark here but it sounds pretty childish, whatever is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back