The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that Ryan, very difficult situation indeed. Hoping for the best man.

RyJo, sorry to hear that buddy, tough is a vast understatement.

Haven't seen my grandmother in about a year, during that time she has declined a good bit. Over the past few weeks she has been telling my mother how excited she was to see me and my family, including my son for the first time.

Went to see her this morning, and she just stared at me blankly and asked who I was.

I deal with this on a daily basis with my line of work, and it never phases me. Today hit me like a ton of bricks.

It's tough.

I'm going through this with Mom. Sometimes she knows me, sometimes...I'm her brother, or a neighbour from 50 years ago.
It's hard, and it most assuredly sucks. My sympathies.

Sorry War, I'm going through the same thing with my grandfather.. it's awful to see them in that state, it's a horrible disease!

Haven't seen my grandmother in about a year, during that time she has declined a good bit. Over the past few weeks she has been telling my mother how excited she was to see me and my family, including my son for the first time.

Went to see her this morning, and she just stared at me blankly and asked who I was.

I deal with this on a daily basis with my line of work, and it never phases me. Today hit me like a ton of bricks.

It's tough.

I feel your pain bro, been there and it ain't easy. All you can do is love her and rejoice in the memories you have

Heard back from the realtor earlier today that someone else submitted an offer on the house we like. It was the same money so we had to increase our offer. We reluctantly did because we already offered asking price. Just heard back that we did not get the home. I know everything happens for a reason and all the other cliche's but when you are that close to finally owning a home you start to mentally move in and plan stuff. Just another kick in the jewels. Back to searching.

It's tough.

Has to be hard War, my prayers are with you and your family.

I was going to rant about my day but after reading a few here I realize mine isn't worth posting.

So sorry about your Grandmom, War.

Dev, tough news on the house man. Just means something better is out there for you.

Thoughts and positive energy going out to you Ryan...that is just so tough...

Ricky - Richard and myself had put in an offer for a home in rural PA when we were looking at houses together, and we got it snatched out from under us as well...we ended up with the right home for us in the end. You'll find a great place for the family.

Ricky - Richard and myself had put in an offer for a home in rural PA when we were looking at houses together, and we got it snatched out from under us as well...we ended up with the right home for us in the end. You'll find a great place for the family.

So you're saying jersey is a better place for you than pa? Now Ricky knows it isn't true! Haha does suck Ricky but you'll find the right place.

Ryan dude that sucks I remember going through that with my grand pop it's tough to deal with for sure.

I feel your pain bro, been there and it ain't easy. All you can do is love her and rejoice in the memories you have
QFT well said bro

It's tough.

I know exactly what you're experiencing buddy. My grandmother didn't know my name or any of our families names toward the end of her life. It was one of the hardest things I ever dealt with. The only thing you can do is keep being there for her and keep trying. Some days are better than others for them, and even if they don't remember it the next day, you can take comfort in knowing she met your son and knew exactly who he was.

Side note that I've stressed to Ricky but wanted to reiterate to anyone reading: THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. It's normal. It's like eBay and you just got outbid. Don't get attached to something you never had and treat this like a business decision. The colder you are to it, the easier it is.

Side note that I've stressed to Ricky but wanted to reiterate to anyone reading: THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. It's normal. It's like eBay and you just got outbid. Don't get attached to something you never had and treat this like a business decision. The colder you are to it, the easier it is.

Like I told you earlier, you deal with this stuff all the time so its hard for you to look at it from my perspective. I am at my wits end with the people upstairs. I was so excited to be rid of them. I know this stuff happens all the time but it doesnt happen all the time to me. Not to mention there is literally nothing else for sale in the area we are looking. Its just frustrating.

Sorry to hear that War. But your story has influenced me to get home with my son and see his great-grandmother for Thanksgiving. She's 85 and surely not going to last forever.

I've bought two houses too ya know, haha. You cannot get emotionally attached to the house until you have keys in your hands. There are too many ways a deal can go south before you ever get to the closing table.

The quicker you can remove wanting to get it over with, the faster it'll go. You didn't marry the first girl you ever dated right? It took a bit of time before you found the right one.

So sorry to hear about your Grandma War, I can't imagine how that must feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you dude.

Good advice Mward, detatch til the keys are in hand.

We were lucky in that when we saw the house we wanted we were very aggressive. Full asking, we were the first people shown the house, and we put in our offer literally upon exiting the showing. The pricing and a fairly aggressive closing date really helped.

That being said... we knew it was the one for us. We only looked at 4 houses, but even now looking at homes again, we don't like any of them more than our current home.

Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end.

Mattress delivery window of 5 to 9pm. It's 8:45 already an not even a call.

We bought our house 5 years ago for $164k. It was appraised by three different companies today at an average of $146k. Ouch.

Last edited:
We bought out house 5 years ago for $164k. It was appraised by three different companies today at an average of $146k. Ouch.

That Sucks ! Did they give any reasoning behind why it was appraised so much lower?

When we first bought our house (6 years ago) it was $150k, we had our realtor run comparables a month ago and she recommended we should list for between 200 and 210.... Housing market has really levelled out here now though. Had hoped for the house to have been an easy sell in the $220k range

War sorry to hear about your grandmother, we brought our daughter to see my wife's grandmother this past summer and she had absolutely no idea who we or her son was, this was our second time going through this and it tears you up inside to see someone who was so vibrant fading away. I hope she has a good day while you guys are visiting.

We bought out house 5 years ago for $164k. It was appraised by three different companies today at an average of $146k. Ouch.

Right during the peak of the housing boom. Not surprised. If you don't have to move, don't!

That Sucks ! Did they give any reasoning behind why it was appraised so much lower?

When we first bought our house (6 years ago) it was $150k, we had our realtor run comparables a month ago and she recommended we should list for between 200 and 210.... Housing market has really levelled out here now though. Had hoped for the house to have been an easy sell in the $220k range

We live in a military town and with the downsizing of the military the population has shrunk considerably. There are also a couple housing developers around here who just keep building and building and offer brand new homes at a very competitive price which makes ours harder to sell. The market is way over saturated right now and we are in a situation where we need to move. We might end up renting it out and having to pay $100-200 out of pocket every month but we'll see.

Right during the peak of the housing boom. Not surprised. If you don't have to move, don't!

Wish that was an option dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back