The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Was having a great day until I got a phone call from my mother regarding my grandmother. She hasn't been of the best health for a while now, and has been living in a facility for advanced Alzheimer's patients. Unfortunately her health has declined to a point where she can no longer be there, even though it was fantastic for her mental condition.

Spent the majority of the afternoon reaching out to some old colleagues and people I know in the area she is trying to understand what the best option is for her. Not excited about a decision I need to make, especially given the time of year.

Really struggling right now.

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
Was having a great day until I got a phone call from my mother regarding my grandmother. She hasn't been of the best health for a while now, and has been living in a facility for advanced Alzheimer's patients. Unfortunately her health has declined to a point where she can no longer be there, even though it was fantastic for her mental condition.

Spent the majority of the afternoon reaching out to some old colleagues and people I know in the area she is trying to understand what the best option is for her. Not excited about a decision I need to make, especially given the time of year.

Best wishes to you and your family Ryan.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^

Sorry to hear that Ryan. I know you will make the right decision, even though it is difficult man. Thoughts with your family

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Hate to hear this Ryan, especially this time of year. Good luck buddy!

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
My thoughts are with your family Ryan, very difficult times indeed.

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about you guys Ryan

checkered

The Shogun of Harlem
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
Thinking of you and your family Ryan.

TNTCigarguy

2014 #THPMC @TntCigarguy
Reaction score
Handicap
Cigars
I am officially on team JB! Freaking 5.5 hr round today because of a foursome in front of us! That was mind numbing! Completely unexpectable

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Best wishes to you and your family, war.

TNTCigarguy

2014 #THPMC @TntCigarguy
Reaction score
Handicap
Cigars

Best wishes sir. Just keep the good things in mind.

mikeg_74

B.T.S
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts & prayers for you & your family. Trust your faith and the answer will present itself.

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
T&P's your way Ryan, so sorry.

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
living within a couple miles of the biggest mall on this side of town doesn't help with getting places on time.

v.man

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
W.I.P.
Ryan, I feel for you brother. My mom had Alzheimer's and ultimately died from it. It is a cruel disease. My thoughts and prayers are for her and you and your family.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Man oh man I feel for you War. Hope the next few days offer some peace for your family.

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Ryan, I feel for you brother. My mom had Alzheimer's and ultimately died from it. It is a cruel disease. My thoughts and prayers are for her and you and your family.
Having worked in the field for so long, I know what to expect. Unfortunately, seeing my folks stress and try and deal with this breaks my heart.
Man oh man I feel for you War. Hope the next few days offer some peace for your family.
Thanks dude.

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap

I am very sorry to hear this and that you have to make a decision like this. I too have a grandmother that is going through Alzheimer's and to watch what my father and step-mother have to go through is very tough to see. I couldn't imagine having to be in your position. Thoughts are with you and I know you will do what is best.

JLit

Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts and prayers for you War, they the right decisions come to your family.

My rant: having the "she wants to be a stay at home mom" talk with the wife. We're blessed they with the promotion we can legitimately have this talk. Unfortunately, she thinks te time is now, I think we're still 10-15k away.

Jersey Nate

#JourneyToBetter #THPMC
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.2
Ryan, thoughts and positive energy headed to you and yours.

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Very sorry to see this news. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Ryan.

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thoughts and prayers headed your way Ryan. Doesn't sound like a fun situation

nerfny

Reaction score
Handicap
20.9 GHIN
Ryan so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Having had my grandmother live with us while having Alzheimer's I understand all to well how stressful watching your parents go through making those decisions can be. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grandfather was moved from the hospital, to a nursing home spot that finally opened up after months of waiting. I haven't seen him since he went into the hospital, and know I need to go see him.

It kills me that I didn't go see him in hospital, but I didn't because the last time I saw my other grandfather in hospital was a week before he passed. Part of me has it in my head if I were to see him he would pass as well.

Its stupid, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in