The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, blu, I hate to see that. Thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Thoughts and prayers heading your way Blu.

Blu, hate hearing of the little fella hurting.

Best wishes to him and your family.

Hey Blu hope it gets better hang in there.

Hate hearing this Blu. Prayers for all of you.

JM

Pardon this long rant, but I am livid.This weekend I had some different tires put on my step daughters car because the ones she had on there were dry rotted and unsafe. I did not get brand new tires, but "like new" ones that were in prefect condition (probably less than 1000 miles on them). Two Bridgestone tires, two Mastetcraft tires. Now this is a 2000 Buick Century with a lot of miles and it needs a lot of work. No need in spending $700.00 on a set of tires. These tires are light years better than what were on there and a temporary fix. Well on her way back to school the low pressure indicator comes on. Instead of calling me, she calls her jerk of a father. He completely over reacts. All the tires needed were some more air. He then sends my wife a message accusing her of putting herself ahead of her daughter by not getting brand new tires (for the record my wife had nothing to do with the tire purchase, that was my call). Then told my wife that she "stole the child support money" by spending on things other than her college education. He had always told my step daughter that the child support money was to pay for nothing but her college. Then went on to say "If able to revise history, I would have flipped you over the railing of Tallulah Gorge and walked away with a skip In my step and song in my heart". I am so pissed off right now that I am shaking. Who the hell is he to say something threatening to MY wife?!?!! If he was so concerned about her safety, why didn't he get her some new tires?!?! No, he waited until I did something about the bad tires and then complained about how I fixed the issue. I wasn't even aware of the dry rot as she spent most of the break at her dad's place. He is a miserable SOB and what makes it worse is that she lifts him up on a pedestal and thinks that I am worthless because I don't make a lot of money at my job. I have done everything I could do to be a positive role model for her and have tried to give her values that her father doesn't think are important. It is all about the size of the checking account with him. Having strong character and good morals mean nothing to him. Sadly she has adopted his outlook of life. I will admit that don't make a lot of money and probably never will, but I would not trade my values or my character for anything that miserable POS has. Sorry for the tone of this, but I am just so frustrated (and yes hurt) that I had to get it out.

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

Hope everything goes well with your son Blu.

Sorry to see that Blu. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Blugold asked me to tell all of you that he's going to go radio silent as they get ready for his son to go into surgery. His son did a really good job on his arm, but he's got good people taking care of him.

Positive vibes headed your way, Blu!

Good luck to your boy, blu.

Thoughts and prayers going out to you. Praying for a successful surgery.

Blu I can't even imagine buddy. I get down when my little girl has a cold. Thinking of you and your family bro.

Hope that all goes well Blu!!

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

Damn blugold, positive thoughts to your son, you, your wife and the rest of your family.

Just_hacking, that's a terrible situation to be, and I would have gone ballistic if someone did that to my wife, if I had a wife.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Man I hate to hear that Blu.

I bet he's a tough little guy. Sending out positive thoughts to you and your Family

Thoughts and Prayers Blu, tough little man right there!

Sorry about your issue JH, stinks!

By all means, every sick individual, get well soon! Way too much of that!

Blugold asked me to tell all of you that he's going to go radio silent as they get ready for his son to go into surgery. His son did a really good job on his arm, but he's got good people taking care of him.

It has been a supremely trying evening.

First, thank you to this community. I know how I come off sometimes, but make no mistakes, if you're a THPer, we're on the same team.

Second, thank you Ary for being a level head for me in this. To those other people who I've communicated with, you know who you are, thank you. You are very near and dear to my heart.

At 3:10pm today, my kids' babysitter was taking my daughter to the bathroom. As they walked back into the living room, the sitter slipped on a book and fell to the ground. As she recovered, my son was screaming.

I got a phone call explaining what happened and that my son was crying and his arm didn't look right.

I made 45 minute drive in 30 minutes and took my boy to the doctor. X-rays showed an obviously broken arm. But because the break was so bad, surgery was needed to set the bone.

My wife and I drove to the Children's Hospital in Neenah, WI (10 minute drive) where we checked in and talked with the orthopedist. My son broke his right humerus close to the elbow and displaced his elbow bone.

Pins need to be placed surgically to set the bones back to where the good lord intended them to be, and his arm placed in a cast. He had good blood flow to his hand and fingers, so it wasn't an emergency. The surgery is scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Although this is a routine surgery, it is not a risk free surgery. My son should be fine, but there are always small chances for the unthinkable.

My wife and I talked with the sitter and ensured her that we aren't mad and understand that accidents happen.

My son is in a lot of pain and cannot move his right arm. He is dosed with the strongest painkillers they can give an 11 month old.

There is nothing worse for a parent than to see their kids in pain. But he is a trooper and kids in general are resilient.

Thank you again everybody for your concern. It means the world to me.

Thoughts and prayers with you, Blugold. I can't imagine how you're feeling. Hopefully, he won't remember this in a few years.

Thinking about you Blu....your baby is gonna be ok. Good thoughts headed your way!!

Thinking about you Blu....your baby is gonna be ok. Good thoughts headed your way!!

Thank you for the positivity. It is hard to see right now. I needed that

You will get a first hand view at how tough and resilient kids are. As a father of 3 boys who are now teenagers, I will tell you that I understand the feeling of being helpless. You don't want to see your children in pain and it breaks your heart that there is nothing that you can do to make them comfortable.

The life of a parent isn't easy, that's for sure.

So my rant.... and the reason why I'm awake at 2AM is this sciatica. I simply can't get comfortable enough to sleep and can't find a position that gives me relief from the pain, even taking 2 percoset.

This isn't my first time dealing with sciatica and I'm sure it won't be the last, but there's no describing how debilitating the pain is to someone whose never had it.

Sorry to hear that blu. Thoughts are with your son. My daughter broke her leg when she was little and you just feel so bad not being able to do any thing. Hope it all goes well and he is back up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back