The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Signed up for the THP Handicap Tracker, but since my GHIN has lapsed, I cant lookup my old rounds to transfer the info.

Frustrating.
#freshstart

adwillingham

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Glad to hear he came through everything ok Blu. I was cringing at just reading what you all were going through.

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
Glad to hear the news your boy is back at home in his own bed. Time for him and everyone to get some good rest.
The kids are asleep in their own beds. It's been kind of crazy

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
I got laid off of my job on Saturday.. too slow to keep 6 people working in the outside staff. so, my head boss enlisted the help of one of the guys from last year to completely take control of the barn staff. so, in about 6 weeks, I have to go down and re-apply with him. I still get my benefits (free golf and practice), but it sucks that I have no money coming in at all right now..

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I got laid off of my job on Saturday.. too slow to keep 6 people working in the outside staff. so, my head boss enlisted the help of one of the guys from last year to completely take control of the barn staff. so, in about 6 weeks, I have to go down and re-apply with him. I still get my benefits (free golf and practice), but it sucks that I have no money coming in at all right now..
Welcome to seasonal work. My wife dealt with that the last couple of years, although she was the lone person who was called in every time the course was open.

The good news is that she goes on salary March 1. So she will keep getting paid over the winter.

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Welcome to seasonal work. My wife dealt with that the last couple of years, although she was the lone person who was called in every time the course was open.

The good news is that she goes on salary March 1. So she will keep getting paid over the winter.
I'm not too mad because for the cost of a gallon of gas I can go practice and play for free which saves a butt load of money.. I probably saved around $1,000 this summer on how much golf I played there...

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds like you'll have the job back in 6 weeks, just don't take the interview for granted.

Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds like you'll have the job back in 6 weeks, just don't take the interview for granted.
Yeah for sure. The new boss and I are pretty cool so i dont think there will be any problems.

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I'm not too mad because for the cost of a gallon of gas I can go practice and play for free which saves a butt load of money.. I probably saved around $1,000 this summer on how much golf I played there...
And honestly, that is the number one reason most people work at golf courses.

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
Ended up finding time to get in a few holes today...Had to quit after the 5th hole because I had an adrenal attack. Time to get back on the meds :(

GregDan

#DreamTeam
Reaction score
Handicap
Having a 1.5 hour drive that normally takes 20 mins. Then because my work is stupid I had to drive my girls through the mess that is our roads and get my dumb a$$ to work.

We don't have enough people to run, so instead of sending us home early we get to sit around for 8 hours and do nothing. Lovely!

drp3434

2022 Grandaddy 😎
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Eff this effing winter. Stuck in bumper to bumper. Drive normally takes 25 minutes. It's been an hour and I'm where I'm usually at after 15 minutes. Coming into what will probably be the worst part too.

blugold

2022 TEEm Tour Edge
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
when a mechanical contractor wins a job with my proposal and calls me asking for a "buy price", I usually respond with an expletive.

BIGBALL

Reaction score
Handicap
Glad everything worked out blu - he will be healed up before you know it!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
One more day and then I have to go back to the snow.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
we just let someone go from our office. It's kind of awkward because there are only a few people on the floor right now as it is. Just quiet and all you can hear is the guy throwing out his stuff. It's too bad. The guy was a decent person, just wasn't a good fit in this environment.

Just_Brad

Trying to Find the Time
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
we just let someone go from our office. It's kind of awkward because there are only a few people on the floor right now as it is. Just quiet and all you can hear is the guy throwing out his stuff. It's too bad. The guy was a decent person, just wasn't a good fit in this environment.
Didn't you say there were only like 6 people there today? If that is the case, at least the walk out afterwards should be met with less questioning looks.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Didn't you say there were only like 6 people there today? If that is the case, at least the walk out afterwards should be met with less questioning looks.
6 to start the day. 2 left early.

Just_Brad

Trying to Find the Time
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Apparently not playing golf for 3 months means that my ability to hit a driver has completely disappeared. I played 2 rounds in Texas this week and maybe hit 6 fairways combined in those 2 rounds. I'm not happy about it.

v.man

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
W.I.P.
Apparently not playing golf for 3 months means that my ability to hit a driver has completely disappeared. I played 2 rounds in Texas this week and maybe hit 6 fairways combined in those 2 rounds. I'm not happy about it.
You'll get it back together in Hilton Head Amol. #naturaltalent

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Home ownership is for the birds...a close to selling this place and renting

KnightLightPro

Reaction score
Handicap
Sounds EXACTLY like where I'm at with mine. I am so ready to sell and get out. Renting doesn't sound so bad. I'm actually working on putting ours up this summer.

Nebgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
#GolfIsFun
Didn't you just buy that one? Maybe you should have spent more time looking? :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in