The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get home from a nice dinner tonight to find out my living room tv is shot. Power supply went bad is what it seems like.

Working fine yesterday, no clue wth happened.

Sucks, because right now there is ok way I can replace it.

Maybe just the cord shorted?

Tried a different one. No dice.

I had that happen once. Called LG and even though it was not under warranty they sent someone out. Cost me $185 and it was fixed. might be worth a call.

Get home from a nice dinner tonight to find out my living room tv is shot. Power supply went bad is what it seems like.

Working fine yesterday, no clue wth happened.

Sucks, because right now there is ok way I can replace it.

LCD? Notorious for capacitors going bad may want to open it up and see if any are swelled up/test them with a meter. Dont know how technical you are but a 5 dollar capacitor is much better than buying a new tv if that is the problem and you can do it yourself.

Also if it is a Samsung they extended the warranty on some models but only for capacitor issues.

I had that happen once. Called LG and even though it was not under warranty they sent someone out. Cost me $185 and it was fixed. might be worth a call.
That is what I was just talking to the Mrs. about. Get it fixed for a few hundred, or is it a sign to finally upgrade to what I have wanted for about 2 years now?

LCD? Notorious for capacitors going bad may want to open it up and see if any are swelled up/test them with a meter. Dont know how technical you are but a 5 dollar capacitor is much better than buying a new tv if that is the problem and you can do it yourself.

Also if it is a Samsung they extended the warranty on some models but only for capacitor issues.
LCD, yes. It is an LG.

I had the Best Buy service plan on it, might take it to them tomorrow and see if they still honor what they did when I bought it.

That feeling when you watch a skunk run into the road, then watching it pass under the van....

So I have had the worse 24 hours almost ever. My flight got cancelled yesterday due to mech issues and I am flying out of Williston ND there is only a couple flights a day. They say come back this morning and we will get you on. Well there are 50 of us to get on other flights now. I did not get on the 6am so I have to hope for the 12 noon flight. I am now missing my the practice round today for HHI. If they cant get me on the 12 flight I cant fly to SAV. Told them just get me to ATL tonight and Ill rent a car. So there are 2 more flights today. I hope I get on one.

On top of that found out my sister has a 3.2 mass on her Flope tube yesterday. She is 33 and has 2 young kids and Her and I are super close. So she is freaked out and so am I. I am just beyond frustrated at this point. I was supposed to be in HHI already getting ready to golf today. This sucks. I hate that I cant do anything about either right now.

Damn Trevor, that's a rough 24 hours indeed. Hope things turn around for you buddy!

All the best Trevor...hoping everything becomes ok on all the fronts.

When people say, "you cant choose your family" sadly they are right but man I wish I could choose a different one. I literally get more and more angry every day and more and more full of hate for my mother and sister every day. It's not healthy and it makes me miserable. But how do you confront someone who knows everything and no matter what you say you are wrong? I am literally so angry right now I cant see straight and my chest feels tight.

When people say, "you cant choose your family" sadly they are right but man I wish I could choose a different one. I literally get more and more angry every day and more and more full of hate for my mother and sister every day. It's not healthy and it makes me miserable. But how do you confront someone who knows everything and no matter what you say you are wrong? I am literally so angry right now I cant see straight and my chest feels tight.

Dev, just remember you always get to control how they make you feel. You get to choose every time how you react to a situation. Keep your chin up sir.

When people say, "you cant choose your family" sadly they are right but man I wish I could choose a different one. I literally get more and more angry every day and more and more full of hate for my mother and sister every day. It's not healthy and it makes me miserable. But how do you confront someone who knows everything and no matter what you say you are wrong?

Sometimes you just have to step back and distance yourself in order to gain some further perspective. Perhaps it's time to take a little hiatus from communications other than "Hi, how are you doing?"

Dev, just remember you always get to control how they make you feel. You get to choose every time how you react to a situation. Keep your chin up sir.

The only thing I can think of right now is a profanity laced tirade but I am just choosing to ignore them right now. The absolute ****ing nerve of people. It is just mind boggling.

Sometimes you just have to step back and distance yourself in order to gain some further perspective. Perhaps it's time to take a little hiatus from communications other than "Hi, how are you doing?"

I have been on that level for months now. They have no interest in seeing my daughter unless its convenient for them. I am just completely and utterly exhausted and sick of them.

I second this. I had a very rough time with my family several years ago and didn't talk to them for about 3 years, but time does heal, and now we are very close again. I hate that we had that much time apart without speaking, but I am glad we did at the same time, because I know without that hiatus, we would not be where we are today.

I have been on that level for months now. They have no interest in seeing my daughter unless its convenient for them. I am just completely and utterly exhausted and sick of them.

I'm sure you've made these feelings heard, so if they aren't willing to see her, it's their loss, plain and simple.

Exactly how I needed to start my day. My wife and I had a great and fun night last night. We are excited about the prospect of finally owning our own home and of course they have to just ruin everything. Sorry for the ranting but I am at work and have really no other way of venting right now other than going out to my car and just screaming.

Sorry to hear of your troubles TNT. Hopefully you can make it down there soon and not miss any more.

Dev that's tough man. I'm in a similar situation with my parents and not seeing their grandkids. It is really difficult to deal with. Unfortunately I haven't found a great solution yet. Obviously your family is missing out on your daughter, but the real tough part is your daughter missing out on the relationships she should have with them. Feel free to PM me anytime if you wanna chat.

I second this. I had a very rough time with my family several years ago and didn't talk to them for about 3 years, but time does heal, and now we are very close again. I hate that we had that much time apart without speaking, but I am glad we did at the same time, because I know without that hiatus, we would not be where we are today.

Dev, I had to do the same thing that GG above did. I didnt speak with them in my 20s for about 3 years also. What it did is fix the relationship. They realized it was a 2 way street. I am super close with my mom and sister now. Its not easy but sometimes it is just the best. And hey a good car scream does good.

Just did one outside the airport so I didnt strangle the guy behind the counter who said sorry we base stand by's by status. And I NEVER fly delta so I have none.

So I want to say thanks for posting Dev because made me realize that at the end of the day my problem is my plane is jacked so I can go play golf(#firstworldproblem). You are getting to buy a house and that's a thing to celebrate. Congrats on the house buddy.

Ricky,
I'm sure your feeling the anger from all this. You have way to much going for you to allow this to continue to drag you down. You have a beautiful daughter, a loving wife, and friends that care. Celebrate those, the excitement of the new home, a new beginning together. Their narrow mindedness a self centered attitudes have no place in your life. I'm not saying stop loving them, just don't allow it to ruin the good in your life. I'm here bro.

Exactly how I needed to start my day. My wife and I had a great and fun night last night. We are excited about the prospect of finally owning our own home and of course they have to just ruin everything. Sorry for the ranting but I am at work and have really no other way of venting right now other than going out to my car and just screaming.
Then go to your car and have a good scream. It's worked for me! :)

I had to learn this the hard way, so maybe I can save you some of the trials and tribulations I went through ... don't let others dictate to you on how to live and enjoy your life. You are an adult, you answer to no one but your spouse. If that relationship is golden (which it sounds like it is, and you are very fortunate in that regard) who cares about any of the other stuff.

I know advice is always easy to give (which is why I give it ;) ). Hang in there for this too shall pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back