The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The required 2500 in capital contributions is brutal. I've seen 1k which I thought was up there but both areas requiring the fee.. Jerks.

All things considered its not actually that bad. Look at so many that require CDD each and every year that offer less. This particular neighborhood has its own park, soccer field, baseball field, fishing area, and boat access (including rentals).

Then go to Westchase and see what you get and the yearly fees are astronomical.

The CDD at 579 is nice, and the HOA at 109 a month isn't bad.

At least the westchase CDD's starting to drop off the bond portion for just about everyone. Gotta pay for that purple dinosaur that's not quite Barney because the HOA didn't want the lawsuits..

The CDD at 579 is nice, and the HOA at 109 a month isn't bad.

At least the westchase CDD's starting to drop off the bond portion for just about everyone. Gotta pay for that purple dinosaur that's not quite Barney because the HOA didn't want the lawsuits..

At those prices, is work available down in FLA? Or is it like most of the country?

All I can do is laugh. This was one of the houses that was sent to us this morning. Not our agents fault, it just an auto generated search. Why would you even bother listing this place? Just knock it down.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...p_NJ_07470_M61759-27372?row=63&ex=NJ582089842

i work in the forclosed home biz this is standard for forclosed homes if they are closed up for more then a year.

they actually have us abate mold more often then paying 20-30k to demo houses that have it.

At those prices, is work available down in FLA? Or is it like most of the country?

Depends on the work and the area. Orlando and South FL are a bit harder, but many areas have picked up quite a bit. The west coast particularly.

Depends on the work and the area. Orlando and South FL are a bit harder, but many areas have picked up quite a bit. The west coast particularly.

10-4, I am in commercial construction, was a superintendent now an inspector for local government. I am over snow, cold and more snow.

10-4, I am in commercial construction, was a superintendent now an inspector for local government. I am over snow, cold and more snow.

Only leaves a few options and I was in the same situation. Just not interested in being cold when I dont have to be. Some great states offer great climates. This one did so in our price range, no state income tax and some good people and beautiful beaches and golf.

I am just happy that JB wants me to move near him. Haha

Only leaves a few options and I was in the same situation. Just not interested in being cold when I dont have to be. Some great states offer great climates. This one did so in our price range, no state income tax and some good people and beautiful beaches and golf.

I like all of that...

I like all of that...

I have lived in areas I was told had "great southern hospitality". Me personally, I did not find that (Im sure many places do have that), but in the two states we looked hard at, recently, we did not find it.

The state income tax can be a huge thing for people depending on other costs and cost of living. If leveraged correctly, it can be a huge saver.

I have lived in areas I was told had "great southern hospitality". Me personally, I did not find that (Im sure many places do have that), but in the two states we looked hard at, recently, we did not find it.

The state income tax can be a huge thing for people depending on other costs and cost of living. If leveraged correctly, it can be a huge saver.

Right now we are eyeing SC but who knows, I have a good job now and that is a huge plus in this wonderful economy.

Right now we are eyeing SC but who knows, I have a good job now and that is a huge plus in this wonderful economy.

It really is the most important thing in this economy. We went to SC and it just was not for us. Neither of the Carolinas were. While some areas are quite nice, I would rather visit and have a few more things that fit for us (and no state income tax), and not worry about winters.

It really is the most important thing in this economy. We went to SC and it just was not for us. Neither of the Carolinas were. While some areas are quite nice, I would rather visit and have a few more things that fit for us (and no state income tax), and not worry about winters.

Yeah the no income tax and no cold winters are a plus for sure.

Dear person who has to sign off on my research grant,

I understand that you consider me to be a nuisance, and to sign off on my research grant -- while being your only job -- is quite the burden. Why you continue to fail to do so, and send us cryptic one worded responses when we make an inquiry as to why you insist on not doing your job, is frankly starting to piss me off. Your response of "I don't have a supervisor" when asked who your supervisor was, is also not going to endear you to me. I will hunt him or her down, and I will make you pay. It's one thing to inconvenience me (NEWSFLASH: We both work for a research organization ... it's MY job that keeps you employed) but when you stymie the cash flow into my lab, it's my support that suffers. If I have to lay someone off because I can't get this money in soon because you have delayed it for two months now, bad bad things will happen.

ETA: I have decided I will send you at least two reminders A DAY in order to move this process along. That number will be increased the longer I have to wait.

Dear person who has to sign off on my research grant,

I understand that you consider me to be a nuisance, and to sign off on my research grant -- while being your only job -- is quite the burden. Why you continue to fail to do so, and send us cryptic one worded responses when we make an inquiry as to why you insist on not doing your job, is frankly starting to piss me off. Your response of "I don't have a supervisor" when asked who your supervisor was, is also not going to endear you to me. I will hunt him or her down, and I will make you pay. It's one thing to inconvenience me (NEWSFLASH: We both work for a research organization ... it's MY job that keeps you employed) but when you stymie the cash flow into my lab, it's my support that suffers. If I have to lay someone off because I can't get this money in soon because you have delayed it for two months now, bad bad things will happen.

ETA: I have decided I will send you at least two reminders A DAY in order to move this process along. That number will be increased the longer I have to wait.

ETA2: Now that's funny. I found your supervisor and shot you off an email with them and every single person up the food chain from you Cc'd on it. Lo and behold, got a response from you in less than 5 minutes and got that paperwork moved along. Of course it was filled with excuses and blame shifting on your part but at least my folks can get paid now.

You could move right next door and give him a big hug every morning.

Something tells me your area is more his style with the rest of the pants rippers. Plus what guy does not want to be able to say "Heading next door for lil people tossing".

Something tells me your area is more his style with the rest of the pants rippers. Plus what guy does not want to be able to say "Heading next door for lil people tossing".

"UGHHHHHHH I am so angry I could toss a midget!!!" "Wait a minute...honey I will be right back"

Hard to rip pants when they're more like overalls.

Our pet cow almost got out a couple weeks ago.

Hard to rip pants when they're more like overalls.

Our pet cow almost got out a couple weeks ago.

That made me laugh out loud.
Its adorable that you call your goat a cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back