The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having a great day until I got a phone call from my mother regarding my grandmother. She hasn't been of the best health for a while now, and has been living in a facility for advanced Alzheimer's patients. Unfortunately her health has declined to a point where she can no longer be there, even though it was fantastic for her mental condition.

Spent the majority of the afternoon reaching out to some old colleagues and people I know in the area she is trying to understand what the best option is for her. Not excited about a decision I need to make, especially given the time of year.

Really struggling right now.

Was having a great day until I got a phone call from my mother regarding my grandmother. She hasn't been of the best health for a while now, and has been living in a facility for advanced Alzheimer's patients. Unfortunately her health has declined to a point where she can no longer be there, even though it was fantastic for her mental condition.

Spent the majority of the afternoon reaching out to some old colleagues and people I know in the area she is trying to understand what the best option is for her. Not excited about a decision I need to make, especially given the time of year.

Best wishes to you and your family Ryan.

Sorry to hear that Ryan. I know you will make the right decision, even though it is difficult man. Thoughts with your family

Hate to hear this Ryan, especially this time of year. Good luck buddy!

My thoughts are with your family Ryan, very difficult times indeed.

Thinking about you guys Ryan

Thinking of you and your family Ryan.

I am officially on team JB! Freaking 5.5 hr round today because of a foursome in front of us! That was mind numbing! Completely unexpectable

Best wishes to you and your family, war.

Thanks everyone, means a lot.

Best wishes sir. Just keep the good things in mind.

Thoughts & prayers for you & your family. Trust your faith and the answer will present itself.

T&P's your way Ryan, so sorry.

living within a couple miles of the biggest mall on this side of town doesn't help with getting places on time.

Ryan, I feel for you brother. My mom had Alzheimer's and ultimately died from it. It is a cruel disease. My thoughts and prayers are for her and you and your family.

Man oh man I feel for you War. Hope the next few days offer some peace for your family.

Ryan, I feel for you brother. My mom had Alzheimer's and ultimately died from it. It is a cruel disease. My thoughts and prayers are for her and you and your family.
Having worked in the field for so long, I know what to expect. Unfortunately, seeing my folks stress and try and deal with this breaks my heart.
Man oh man I feel for you War. Hope the next few days offer some peace for your family.
Thanks dude.

I am very sorry to hear this and that you have to make a decision like this. I too have a grandmother that is going through Alzheimer's and to watch what my father and step-mother have to go through is very tough to see. I couldn't imagine having to be in your position. Thoughts are with you and I know you will do what is best.

Thoughts and prayers for you War, they the right decisions come to your family.

My rant: having the "she wants to be a stay at home mom" talk with the wife. We're blessed they with the promotion we can legitimately have this talk. Unfortunately, she thinks te time is now, I think we're still 10-15k away.

Ryan, thoughts and positive energy headed to you and yours.

Very sorry to see this news. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family, Ryan.

Thoughts and prayers headed your way Ryan. Doesn't sound like a fun situation

Ryan so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Having had my grandmother live with us while having Alzheimer's I understand all to well how stressful watching your parents go through making those decisions can be. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Grandfather was moved from the hospital, to a nursing home spot that finally opened up after months of waiting. I haven't seen him since he went into the hospital, and know I need to go see him.

It kills me that I didn't go see him in hospital, but I didn't because the last time I saw my other grandfather in hospital was a week before he passed. Part of me has it in my head if I were to see him he would pass as well.

Its stupid, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back