The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up for the THP Handicap Tracker, but since my GHIN has lapsed, I cant lookup my old rounds to transfer the info.

Frustrating.

#freshstart

Glad to hear he came through everything ok Blu. I was cringing at just reading what you all were going through.

Glad to hear the news your boy is back at home in his own bed. Time for him and everyone to get some good rest.
The kids are asleep in their own beds. It's been kind of crazy

I got laid off of my job on Saturday.. too slow to keep 6 people working in the outside staff. so, my head boss enlisted the help of one of the guys from last year to completely take control of the barn staff. so, in about 6 weeks, I have to go down and re-apply with him. I still get my benefits (free golf and practice), but it sucks that I have no money coming in at all right now..

I got laid off of my job on Saturday.. too slow to keep 6 people working in the outside staff. so, my head boss enlisted the help of one of the guys from last year to completely take control of the barn staff. so, in about 6 weeks, I have to go down and re-apply with him. I still get my benefits (free golf and practice), but it sucks that I have no money coming in at all right now..

Welcome to seasonal work. My wife dealt with that the last couple of years, although she was the lone person who was called in every time the course was open.

The good news is that she goes on salary March 1. So she will keep getting paid over the winter.

Welcome to seasonal work. My wife dealt with that the last couple of years, although she was the lone person who was called in every time the course was open.

The good news is that she goes on salary March 1. So she will keep getting paid over the winter.

I'm not too mad because for the cost of a gallon of gas I can go practice and play for free which saves a butt load of money.. I probably saved around $1,000 this summer on how much golf I played there...

Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds like you'll have the job back in 6 weeks, just don't take the interview for granted.

Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds like you'll have the job back in 6 weeks, just don't take the interview for granted.

Yeah for sure. The new boss and I are pretty cool so i dont think there will be any problems.

Sent from my iTouch using Tapatalk.

I'm not too mad because for the cost of a gallon of gas I can go practice and play for free which saves a butt load of money.. I probably saved around $1,000 this summer on how much golf I played there...

And honestly, that is the number one reason most people work at golf courses.

Ended up finding time to get in a few holes today...Had to quit after the 5th hole because I had an adrenal attack. Time to get back on the meds :(

Having a 1.5 hour drive that normally takes 20 mins. Then because my work is stupid I had to drive my girls through the mess that is our roads and get my dumb a$$ to work.

We don't have enough people to run, so instead of sending us home early we get to sit around for 8 hours and do nothing. Lovely!

Eff this effing winter. Stuck in bumper to bumper. Drive normally takes 25 minutes. It's been an hour and I'm where I'm usually at after 15 minutes. Coming into what will probably be the worst part too.

when a mechanical contractor wins a job with my proposal and calls me asking for a "buy price", I usually respond with an expletive.

Glad everything worked out blu - he will be healed up before you know it!

One more day and then I have to go back to the snow.

we just let someone go from our office. It's kind of awkward because there are only a few people on the floor right now as it is. Just quiet and all you can hear is the guy throwing out his stuff. It's too bad. The guy was a decent person, just wasn't a good fit in this environment.

we just let someone go from our office. It's kind of awkward because there are only a few people on the floor right now as it is. Just quiet and all you can hear is the guy throwing out his stuff. It's too bad. The guy was a decent person, just wasn't a good fit in this environment.

Didn't you say there were only like 6 people there today? If that is the case, at least the walk out afterwards should be met with less questioning looks.

Didn't you say there were only like 6 people there today? If that is the case, at least the walk out afterwards should be met with less questioning looks.

6 to start the day. 2 left early.

Apparently not playing golf for 3 months means that my ability to hit a driver has completely disappeared. I played 2 rounds in Texas this week and maybe hit 6 fairways combined in those 2 rounds. I'm not happy about it.

Apparently not playing golf for 3 months means that my ability to hit a driver has completely disappeared. I played 2 rounds in Texas this week and maybe hit 6 fairways combined in those 2 rounds. I'm not happy about it.

You'll get it back together in Hilton Head Amol. #naturaltalent

Home ownership is for the birds...a close to selling this place and renting

Sounds EXACTLY like where I'm at with mine. I am so ready to sell and get out. Renting doesn't sound so bad. I'm actually working on putting ours up this summer.

Didn't you just buy that one? Maybe you should have spent more time looking? :alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back