The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks! I am fortunate that my parents live near by so I think they will pick up some stuff for me, but it won't be until tomorrow.

The vet said I can take his wet food and bake it so that's what I am doing right now. I just cut it up into cubes and I am baking it at 350 until crispy.

Thanks! I am fortunate that my parents live near by so I think they will pick up some stuff for me, but it won't be until tomorrow.

The vet said I can take his wet food and bake it so that's what I am doing right now. I just cut it up into cubes and I am baking it at 350 until crispy.

Amazing what a quick google will find. Great that your parents can help you and the little guy out too.

Mmmmmm... dog food cake.

Sorry to hear about Duke, Morgan. It sounds like he is on the path to recovery though! We'll be thinking of you guys.

Dang it, Morgan (and Josh). I really am sorry to hear this news.

If they're confident the meds will work, that's a good thing though right? And it sounds like you caught this now and better than later.

I'll check our pantry for no salt added vegetables for you and send them home with JB on Monday.

Definitely have you guys in my thoughts and prayers GG and JB and Duke. Hopefully the meds will work.

You would think that if you were tied as the second best person to do your job nationally, your boss would at least let you know about it right? Maybe even be somewhat excited? Nope! Just found out over lunch with him, mentioned in passing that our office tied for the second highest number of recruits in the country (and I'm the only recruiter in our office). Not looking for a medal or a cake, maybe just a little excitement! ugh...

Sorry to hear about the pup Morgan and JB... animals ARE family in my world. Hope he recovers comfortably and quickly!

Morgan, I'm very sorry to hear this. All 4 of you are in my thoughts, hoping for the best.

Morgan and Josh, I'm so very sorry to hear about Duke. Lots of healing energy headed to him, and to you all.

Morgan thoughts and prayers for you and Duke.

So sorry to hear the unfortunate news, Morgan. You and Josh are in my thoughts and prayers, and hoping the meds work.

Took my little guy for a walk, and he fell down during the walk. Just lost his balance, got too out of breath, and went down and stayed there for about a minute, totally winded. He finally got back up, did his business, and back into the house we went. It's just not fair that he has to go through this!

Sorry Morgan. I have definitely been there.

I'll be thinking about you guys. Just keep doing what you're doing for Duke. You guys are the best thing that ever happened to him.

Took my little guy for a walk, and he fell down during the walk. Just lost his balance, got too out of breath, and went down and stayed there for about a minute, totally winded. He finally got back up, did his business, and back into the house we went. It's just not fair that he has to go through this!

Morgan, Duke's troubles are breaking my heart. He's such a sweet dog. My wife and I can no longer have dogs because we end up loving them so much that the trauma from losing them became just too much to bear. I hope he hangs in there and gets to have a few more years of your love.

I am so sorry to hear this Morgan. Prayers for all of you.

Catching up on a few pages of rants... Seems to be a bunch, all solid ones.
Thinking of Duke for ya, Morgan.

Morgan, Duke's troubles are breaking my heart. He's such a sweet dog. My wife and I can no longer have dogs because we end up loving them so much that the trauma from losing them became just too much to bear. I hope he hangs in there and gets to have a few more years of your love.

I think JB and I will be the same way. I am so torn up right now, I love him so much and I can't stand seeing him like this. I want my rambunctious, neurotic dog bag. He just fell over again. There were kids near the front door so Ellie ran over to bark, Duke ran too, and basically fell over, almost like he passed out for a second.

So sorry to hear about this morgan

Oh Morgan I am so sorry to see this, thoughts and prayers for you, JB & Duke.

I think JB and I will be the same way. I am so torn up right now, I love him so much and I can't stand seeing him like this. I want my rambunctious, neurotic dog bag. He just fell over again. There were kids near the front door so Ellie ran over to bark, Duke ran too, and basically fell over, almost like he passed out for a second.
The thought of losing our fur babies really sucks, but Jacqui and I will always have them. If we would have stopped it would have been after losing Bandit before he was seven years old. There are too many puppies out there who need us (and let's be real, we need them too!) to stop. One thing pet owners have to realize is that you're going to go through a lot of pets in your lifetime.

I always think of this poem. It's a tough read, so some may want to just skip the rest of this post and go to the next one.

ROOM IN YOUR HEART

Sorrow fills a barren space;
you close your eyes and see my face
and think of times I made you laugh,
the love we shared, the bond we had,
the special way I needed you -
the friendship shared by just we two.

The day's too quiet, the world seems older,
the wind blows now a little colder.
You gaze into the empty air
and look for me, but I'm not there -
I'm in heaven and I watch you,
and I see the world around you too.

I see little souls wearing fur,
souls who bark and souls who purr
born unwanted and unloved -
I see all this and more above -
I watch them suffer, I see them cry,
I see them lost, I watch them die.
I see unwanted thousands born -
and when they die, nobody mourns.

These little souls wearing fur
(Some who bark and some who purr)
are castaways who - unlike me -
will never know love or security.
A few short months they starve and roam,
Or caged in shelters - nobody takes home.
They're special too (furballs of pleasure),
filled with love and each one, a treasure.

My pain and suffering came to an end,
so don't cry for me, my person, my friend.
But think of the living -
those souls with fur
(some who bark and some who purr) -
And though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and
your heart.

--- Caro Schubert-James ---

I hatethis for you guys Josh and Morgan. My thoughts are with Duke and you guys.
JM

Awww hate to hear that JB and GG. Thoughts with you guys and Duke.

It is admittedly an extremely minor and insignificant rant, especially considering what others are going through. But my rant is that I hate losing balls that are right down the middle but plug into wet/soft soil and can't be found.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I thank you for your condolences GG, when I lost my Mario a couple of years ago. Just love him as long as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back