The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to remove the wife's gallbladder. So surgery on Wednesday. They failed to mention this as a complication postpartum. Happens in 10% of women though. Not looking forward to the wife going under the knife.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Just played the worst 4 rounds of golf I have played in probably the last 5 years in terms of how I hit the ball the last four days. Brutal played a scramble the first day and I got out of my normal swing and still haven't found it

That wasp nest I hit with the weed-eater yesterday? Yeah, got spray today, sprayed it, didn't realize how massive it was. Used a full can on the bush, then counted 27 red wasps on the ground and clinging to the then exposed nest. Promptly went in, got the other can, and used all of it too.

Eff those things. Sheesh.

Migraines....that's my rant. I've never had one & woke up today with the worse throbbing in my forehead & sensitivity to light. I'm not enjoying life right now.

For whatever reason, I've always found Tylenol Sinus Severe Congestion to work very well for migraines.

Just played the worst 4 rounds of golf I have played in probably the last 5 years in terms of how I hit the ball the last four days. Brutal played a scramble the first day and I got out of my normal swing and still haven't found it

At least you realized what caused the problem. I will not play in a scramble. Its a death wish for almost everything about your game!!

That wasp nest I hit with the weed-eater yesterday? Yeah, got spray today, sprayed it, didn't realize how massive it was. Used a full can on the bush, then counted 27 red wasps on the ground and clinging to the then exposed nest. Promptly went in, got the other can, and used all of it too.

Eff those things. Sheesh.

poxrxo0b481ndx4.jpg

Did something to my right shoulder today. Not good. Intense pain if I try to move my head towards my right shoulder....

And on a week where the wife is working every night so I was hoping to hit the range/course every night.

Been waiting for my food for 1.5 hours. Getting upset and his tip is going down by the minute.

1.5 hours?!?

Me and tip are out the front door.

1.5 hours?!?

Me and tip are out the front door.

Yep. Or I'm tipping a nickel if I've already waited that long for the food.

Nickel tips get noticed quick.

I inherited a bizarre project at work. Someone from a different division got let go, and now I am way out of my element, managing a project that involves cell towers. Everything has been a pain (permits and other things I have no experience with). Tomorrow I have to drive 2 hours away to a cell tower that is in the middle of nowhere to observe a bird nest for at least one hour to determine if birds are still living there and if so, what kind of birds they are. Seriously?

Broken cell phone. Seems like the charging port is loose. Of course it's the first time I don't pay the $10/month insurance

They need to remove the wife's gallbladder. So surgery on Wednesday. They failed to mention this as a complication postpartum. Happens in 10% of women though. Not looking forward to the wife going under the knife.

Hate to hear that Deuce, best of luck to her.

My best wishes extended to you guys!

Thanks everyone. Will be happy when Wednesday is over and the wife is home and recovering.

This might get a bit long winded, and it's more of a vent than a rant, but I know from reading this thread over time a few others have run into this situation too. So if you want to skip this over, no worries :)

I have absolutely no drive left with my job. None. Zilch. Which is a problem, because I'm commissioned in addition to a small base. I make enough on recurring commissions to be OK, I'm not hurting for money by any means, but I feel like I have zero purpose when I go to the office every morning. I've instituted a few new initiatives in the office, some have worked, some haven't. And when the ones that have been working (like a vendor outreach program) get monkey wrenches thrown into them, I sort of just want to toss my hands up in resignation.

One big issue I have is that I've only been able to get bites on my resume when it comes to other sales jobs... which I honestly don't want to do any more. I've been working on my MBA for 4 years now, taking one class at a time. But starting next month, I'm doubling up so I can complete the program by spring 2015 in hopes that seeing an MBA on my resume will help open other non-sales doors. By the time I wrap up the program, my daughter will be in high school and I need to start thinking hard about paying for college for her. Being commissioned can be very stressful at times if you're not having a great year, and that's stress that I no longer want to put on myself. I started out in marketing, but have been in sales for almost 17 years now and it's just feeling like it's time to move on. When I've gone for management or project-related openings, the response I get every time is "sorry, you don't qualify but you can interview for sales since that's what you do."

On the good side, because I've been with this company for nearly 15 years I do have a lot of flexibility. My wife teaches, so she can't leave work or show up late if something's going on with one of the kids. I can work from home, or leave early/come in late if there's a doctor's appointment, or one of the kids gets sick at school, that sort of thing. That's been one of the only perks keeping me going, but I think now I've reached the point where I wake up in the morning and just go "why?????" If I can make it through one more year, then I'll be able to take advantage of recruitment and the alumni network through the university and have the full degree as backing. I'm just honestly not sure I can do it much longer.

I know this sounds awfully petty in comparison with some of the other posts here - I am very thankful that I have a job right now, when I've had people come in to interview who've been out of work for 2+ years and trying to get *anything* to scrape by because they're overqualified for most job openings. Like I said, I just needed to vent about this someplace, and I know a few other THPers have had the same sort of issues with their jobs as well. If you read to here, thanks for letting me get this off of my chest :)

This might get a bit long winded, and it's more of a vent than a rant, but I know from reading this thread over time a few others have run into this situation too. So if you want to skip this over, no worries :)

I have absolutely no drive left with my job. None. Zilch. Which is a problem, because I'm commissioned in addition to a small base. I make enough on recurring commissions to be OK, I'm not hurting for money by any means, but I feel like I have zero purpose when I go to the office every morning. I've instituted a few new initiatives in the office, some have worked, some haven't. And when the ones that have been working (like a vendor outreach program) get monkey wrenches thrown into them, I sort of just want to toss my hands up in resignation.

One big issue I have is that I've only been able to get bites on my resume when it comes to other sales jobs... which I honestly don't want to do any more. I've been working on my MBA for 4 years now, taking one class at a time. But starting next month, I'm doubling up so I can complete the program by spring 2015 in hopes that seeing an MBA on my resume will help open other non-sales doors. By the time I wrap up the program, my daughter will be in high school and I need to start thinking hard about paying for college for her. Being commissioned can be very stressful at times if you're not having a great year, and that's stress that I no longer want to put on myself. I started out in marketing, but have been in sales for almost 17 years now and it's just feeling like it's time to move on. When I've gone for management or project-related openings, the response I get every time is "sorry, you don't qualify but you can interview for sales since that's what you do."

On the good side, because I've been with this company for nearly 15 years I do have a lot of flexibility. My wife teaches, so she can't leave work or show up late if something's going on with one of the kids. I can work from home, or leave early/come in late if there's a doctor's appointment, or one of the kids gets sick at school, that sort of thing. That's been one of the only perks keeping me going, but I think now I've reached the point where I wake up in the morning and just go "why?????" If I can make it through one more year, then I'll be able to take advantage of recruitment and the alumni network through the university and have the full degree as backing. I'm just honestly not sure I can do it much longer.

I know this sounds awfully petty in comparison with some of the other posts here - I am very thankful that I have a job right now, when I've had people come in to interview who've been out of work for 2+ years and trying to get *anything* to scrape by because they're overqualified for most job openings. Like I said, I just needed to vent about this someplace, and I know a few other THPers have had the same sort of issues with their jobs as well. If you read to here, thanks for letting me get this off of my chest :)
Understandable. I'm sure we've all been there with a job at one time or another. Good pay, good benefits, flexibility..but zero fulfillment or enjoyment. Wish I had an answer for you, but as guys we know. We don't usually want people to solve our problems for us, just listen over a beer or the internet (in this case).

Parting words if it's any hope. I tried to get in my current position for several years. Even though it was the same industry, I didn't have any experience in this particular role. I kept getting similar responses that you did. Oh, we have a GM position you might be interested in or such, but not the revenue management role I had interviewed both internally and externally many times. Then in January out of the blue, I lost my job. And as luck would have it, a position in revenue management opened up at a very good company, I knew a Director there in another department from his previous company, and it all worked out.

That's all just to say, don't give up hope. Continue to learn as you are doing and just know that sooner or later the role you really want may present itself. Sorry for the long rambling response, when I just mean to say...sorry and good luck..ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back