The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWI airport is a pain. Took forever to get luggage, the only have one long term lot open and still run a slow shuttle service.

Hated to hear this. I have a solution for you next time. We'll talk.

BWI airport is a pain. Took forever to get luggage, the only have one long term lot open and still run a slow shuttle service.
How do you go from great weekend to rant in 12 hours.....

So this should be fun to deal with for the next 3 days.....and guess who has to go to work on Monday night into Tuesday morning. THIS GUY.

B8OoDNaIUAIgmH0.jpg
Stay safe amol, we'll be thinking of your family and the rest of the THPers up there.

If you've ever dealt with baggage claim at BWI you'd understand.

I'm sure there are many airports just as bad, but it's hard to imagine. Up until this year I travelled a lot for work and have seen many airports, but none as bad as BWI in that regard.

I'm sure there are many airports just as bad, but it's hard to imagine. Up until this year I travelled a lot for work and have seen many airports, but none as bad as BWI in that regard.
Yeah, I have numerous times.

Its not even 8:30 and I've already added another person to the list of not bothering trying to get them to do something correctly, because it'll just be easier to redo everything myself. You only get so many chances before its just not worth the hassle. I'm just going to have to explain it all again when they ask why their agency's FICA and medicare accounts are coming up short of their calculations.

Stay safe everyone! That blizzard is supposed to be nasty. We got clipped with about 4 inches of snow yesterday and today's drive to work was 2 hours of fun. 54 more days until spring

Up at 4 am, arrive at the airport and I get an email saying that they may reschedule the training I'm flying in for. Really?! You're gonna change it now? As I'm sitting in the airport?

Screw 'em, show up anyways.

^^^this

i at least waited until i got home and went to sleep before ranting...i don't recall ever having a good experience at BWI but yesterday was crazy. fortunately i didn't have any other checked bags but the rest of the plane waited just as long for their bags to show up and were switched to a different feed belt 10 mins into the unloading of luggage.

its all good, i expected it to be bad and wasn't disappointed, just needed to vent real quick this morning.

My youngest turned 17...

And the loss of the tax credit was noticed!
I joked with my wife "Now both my sons are worthless to me..."

She didn't laugh....

I hate Mondays at work. I am always stuck dealing with issues others that are on call should have handled over the weekend

Uh oh. Hate to say it, but looks like you may end up sleeping over a few days/getting mandated. Be careful up there.

I came in to rant about the same thing, since we're less than 2mi off the water we usually get hit with the heavy winds and power outages. So I may not be on THP for a few days while hunkering down with the family. I already have plenty of wood for the wood stove ready to go if needed.

I'm planning on staying at the hospital overnight, then try to get home tomorrow afternoon. It stinks, but that's life. I'm honestly more concerned if I'm stuck at work and my home loses power because my wife would be home alone with the kid and dog.

I'm planning on staying at the hospital overnight, then try to get home tomorrow afternoon. It stinks, but that's life. I'm honestly more concerned if I'm stuck at work and my home loses power because my wife would be home alone with the kid and dog.

I know I'm not exactly close - but if you need anything let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My youngest turned 17...

And the loss of the tax credit was noticed!
I joked with my wife "Now both my sons are worthless to me..."

She didn't laugh....

Hahahaha my dad said this during my 17th birthday party

Sitting right in the 15-30in range of the blizzard here in CT. Hitting the grocery store up this afternoon and then hunkering down til wednesday. Cant wait to shovel out of this one...

had a cap put on a tooth 2 years ago. It's starting to bother me. So appointment for Weds. My rant... I hate going to the dentist.

MY rant of the day is the Pro Bowl. What a joke. Touch/Flag football, turned it off after 1/2 way thru 2nd. qrt.

MY rant of the day is the Pro Bowl. What a joke. Touch/Flag football, turned it off after 1/2 way thru 2nd. qrt.
Give it 10-15 years, and we'll be talking about how it was the defining moment that help change the game to a more safer and fan friendly game for all of us to enjoym

Then again, THP just launched an event just down the road from you that is pretty spectacular. Wait...Thats not a rant. :D

Trip east canceled because of the nor easter...bummer because I had planned on visiting the folks at the end of the business trip.

Oh, and I've got some kind of fevery/cold/cough crap too, so I'm working from home.

Mehhh

I wanted to watch something more realistic, so I tuned into the Royal Rumble.

I'm on a plane back home. Guy next to me is very large and chowing down on Chinese food. I can't even breathe. The lack of any self awareness is impressive though.

So the measles outbreak involves 28 of the 34 CA residents who didn't have the vaccine. This is so maddening.

Really peeved with my work right now. Just found out information about my vacation benefits for 2015. The owner of my company merged part of her business with another company with whom she is now a partner. She's merging our benefits somewhat with them, including the vacation schedule which has screwed me. I went from having 18 paid days off down to 13 because I don't have 4 years of service with the firm. This really hurts when I've got a wedding/honeymoon and other stuff going on this year, not to mention it's kind of asinine to just pull a week of vacation from someone that had it previously. Not sure they're going to accommodate me with this which is really going to hurt my hopes for THP Events and just other stuff in general. Really really really bummed....

Really peeved with my work right now. Just found out information about my vacation benefits for 2015. The owner of my company merged part of her business with another company with whom she is now a partner. She's merging our benefits somewhat with them, including the vacation schedule which has screwed me. I went from having 18 paid days off down to 13 because I don't have 4 years of service with the firm. This really hurts when I've got a wedding/honeymoon and other stuff going on this year, not to mention it's kind of asinine to just pull a week of vacation from someone that had it previously. Not sure they're going to accommodate me with this which is really going to hurt my hopes for THP Events and just other stuff in general. Really really really bummed....

that sux...been there when i first got out of the military, company merged business units with different policies and we went from day to hours and we lost a couple days. hopefully they square you away with the xtra days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back