The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Handicap
I hate when shipping is as much (or more) than the product you're trying to buy.

TexasHacker34

SVP - Jordan Speith Fan Club
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
We are getting Per-Diem decreased by 15% for travel. This is to makeup for the fact that incidentals aren't really applicable anymore. Not cool.

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
Really peeved with my work right now. Just found out information about my vacation benefits for 2015. The owner of my company merged part of her business with another company with whom she is now a partner. She's merging our benefits somewhat with them, including the vacation schedule which has screwed me. I went from having 18 paid days off down to 13 because I don't have 4 years of service with the firm. This really hurts when I've got a wedding/honeymoon and other stuff going on this year, not to mention it's kind of asinine to just pull a week of vacation from someone that had it previously. Not sure they're going to accommodate me with this which is really going to hurt my hopes for THP Events and just other stuff in general. Really really really bummed....
That really sucks dude. I'm hoping it works out for you.

It generally seems wrong that someone can just take away vacation from you. Does your employee handbook say they can do that? Crazy.

I hate when shipping is as much (or more) than the product you're trying to buy.
When applicable, Amazon Prime is a wonderful thing.

We are getting Per-Diem decreased by 15% for travel. This is to makeup for the fact that incidentals aren't really applicable anymore. Not cool.
Can you still turn in receipts and get reimbursed?

~Rock

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Where I worked before had $2.00 a day for pay phones. Everyone took it, but everyone had cell phones! And company phones at that!

It was something that had been on there forever and was never removed.

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
That really sucks dude. I'm hoping it works out for you.

It generally seems wrong that someone can just take away vacation from you. Does your employee handbook say they can do that? Crazy.

When applicable, Amazon Prime is a wonderful thing.

Can you still turn in receipts and get reimbursed?

~Rock
Just standard per diem minus 15% now. So if the federal rate for a city is 50 take 50 subtract 15% and that's what we get per day

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly there is going to be a lot more of this kind of stuff coming for companies as they brace for major hikes in certain expenses.

TexasHacker34

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Trending ^
Sadly there is going to be a lot more of this kind of stuff coming for companies as they brace for major hikes in certain expenses.
Well it isn't even my company who pays for our travel it is all client reimbursed for us consultants, but there has been a lot of complaining about expenses. Incidentals aren't really all that applicable anymore but I enjoyed that 15% that I am going to lose.

jdtox

Team Paradise Captain
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Had to work outside for about 4 hrs in 20* temps on saturday, now my right elbow is absolutely killing me. Tennis elbow, ugh.

TLeishman34

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 16
Got back from Bridgestone U to a note on my door that looked like it was printed off by my neighbor from the city website about public nuisance animals. She complains about our dogs barking when they are outside during the day. They are dogs lady, the bark and rough house with each other and make noises doing it. We don't let them outside past 9 if they start barking and then they go outside at 8 am and they bark at her fence because she gives them treats every morning so now they are trained to go and bark at her fence every morning because of her. It's just frustrating having to deal with this. We bought our own house so we wouldnt have to deal with crap like this at an apartment. I think we are going to put up a 6 foot privacy fence to see if that will help with the barking. My wife is really upset about the whole situation

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Got back from Bridgestone U to a note on my door that looked like it was printed off by my neighbor from the city website about public nuisance animals. She complains about our dogs barking when they are outside during the day. They are dogs lady, the bark and rough house with each other and make noises doing it. We don't let them outside past 9 if they start barking and then they go outside at 8 am and they bark at her fence because she gives them treats every morning so now they are trained to go and bark at her fence every morning because of her. It's just frustrating having to deal with this. We bought our own house so we wouldnt have to deal with crap like this at an apartment. I think we are going to put up a 6 foot privacy fence to see if that will help with the barking. My wife is really upset about the whole situation
We put up a 6' white PVC fence because our neighbors have a chain link fence and we didn't want all the dogs barking at each other. I was out there the other day with Duke and Ellie and the neighbors dogs were barking like crazy and my dogs completely ignored it because they couldn't see them. Well, that and Duke can't hear them anyhow, but Ellie can hear a peanut butter jar opening from a mile away so she definitely heard them.

TLeishman34

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 16
We put up a 6' white PVC fence because our neighbors have a chain link fence and we didn't want all the dogs barking at each other. I was out there the other day with Duke and Ellie and the neighbors dogs were barking like crazy and my dogs completely ignored it because they couldn't see them. Well, that and Duke can't hear them anyhow, but Ellie can hear a peanut butter jar opening from a mile away so she definitely heard them.
I think the privacy fence is our best option. They are both very vocal (labs) and there are other dogs to the left and behind us that they will bark at when they are out. Never in a angry way, just in a playful I see other dogs and I want to play with them way.

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I think the privacy fence is our best option. They are both very vocal (labs) and there are other dogs to the left and behind us that they will bark at when they are out. Never in a angry way, just in a playful I see other dogs and I want to play with them way.
I totally get it. Part of our front door is all glass and sometimes the dogs will sit in front of it and bark at everything and anything that goes by. Duke will sometimes just bark to bark in case something might be out there. They seem to be more interested in barking at visual things than sounds, so I think the fence could work.

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score

I was visiting at my son's the other day and the neighbor's dogs were barking while she was in the baby's room. I asked her if they are a problem. She said they are surrounded by barking dogs and they sometimes wake the babies. She said the neighbors asked if the dogs (two labs) barking were a problem but they told them no because they don't want to complain. It's just something you expect (at least during the day) when you live in a neighborhood. All the neighbors have privacy fences so I don't think that would change things.

TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
People who freak out about impending snow... Latest report is 1-3" by 7PM tonight then it gets crazy (14-18 by 7AM, 24"+ by 7PM tomorrow). 4 people are listening to live reports on their computer and I've heard the words "lose power" in the past hour more than "DeflateGate" in the past week. Our CEO already said that if you're concerned... Go home! Don't worry about coming in tomorrow and play Wed by ear as we can mostly all work remotely. I have the farthest commute of anyone here, and don't understand the mentality of complaining about snow...
Which reminds me I need to grab some beer on the way home

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
People who freak out about impending snow... Latest report is 1-3" by 7PM tonight then it gets crazy (14-18 by 7AM, 24"+ by 7PM tomorrow). 4 people are listening to live reports on their computer and I've heard the words "lose power" in the past hour more than "DeflateGate" in the past week. Our CEO already said that if you're concerned... Go home! Don't worry about coming in tomorrow and play Wed by ear as we can mostly all work remotely. I have the farthest commute of anyone here, and don't understand the mentality of complaining about snow...
You really need to move back Ray.

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
If it's anything like it is in Ohio, you'd better get to the grocery store quick -- Or buy some stock in the local grocery chain. People are insane.

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
went to the dr. this morning and it's been more than a year since my last visit. Everything seems smooth until it's time to take my BP. Nurse applies the cuff but a bit snug. Runs the machine and of course comes back with 140/84. I say "ok" and continue on. Wait in exam room about 5 minutes and Dr. comes in and first words out of his mouth were, "so you have high BP! Has anyone spoken to you about it? I said "no, because I don't have high BP. The nurse needs to learn that it's not a one size fits all cuff and to use a larger cuff on a guy that weights more than 250 lb." He gives me a look like sure buddy. Anyways he does his exam and checks my leg and Range of motion. Just as he finishes up (20 minutes after taking initial vitals), he says, "ok let me take your BP one more time." I agree. He takes my BP manually and looks at me and says "its normal, 118/72." I say Thank you and leave. WTH is with Dr./PAs thinking that people who are bigger will automatically have health issues and are in denial about them.

captaincaution

@alekbabel - #teamRhi
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha! Believe me, this wasn't my decision.

Surprisingly no.
If you get some free time, let me know. I head past where you'll be on the way home every day.

golf4life

Grip n rip
Reaction score
Handicap
If it's anything like it is in Ohio, you'd better get to the grocery store quick -- Or buy some stock in the local grocery chain. People are insane.

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap

stopped in the grocery store by the house after work to avoid dealing with crazies on the road when the snow starts, the bread isle was bare and we are only getting 3-5". I don't get people, this area is bad, but how much bread and milk do you need for maybe 1 day out of school and work.

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13.9 USGA
stopped in the grocery store by the house after work to avoid dealing with crazies on the road when the snow starts, the bread isle was bare and we are only getting 3-5". I don't get people, this area is bad, but how much bread and milk do you need for maybe 1 day out of school and work.
ALL OF IT.

ForTheLovOfGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Don't you know that everyone makes batches of French toast when it snows?

cbaker2882

Living the quarantine dream
Reaction score
Handicap
Took me nearly 20 minutes to cross the street this morning to get to my car...I really don't have anything to follow that up with. People really need to learn how to drive when it's wet out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in