Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from this

0ea2c2d97d3404a8219d0b0eda66e1db.jpg

To this, all in a few hours.

d042a7a740f3aa01c34ed6fe9f7bd738.jpg

I feel like Jack from Lost. "We got to go back!"

The Official Rant of the Day

$480.00 for a perception lens change in my Oakley's. Yeah BOHICA (bend over here it comes again)

Got back from Bridgestone U to a note on my door that looked like it was printed off by my neighbor from the city website about public nuisance animals. She complains about our dogs barking when they are outside during the day. They are dogs lady, the bark and rough house with each other and make noises doing it. We don't let them outside past 9 if they start barking and then they go outside at 8 am and they bark at her fence because she gives them treats every morning so now they are trained to go and bark at her fence every morning because of her. It's just frustrating having to deal with this. We bought our own house so we wouldnt have to deal with crap like this at an apartment. I think we are going to put up a 6 foot privacy fence to see if that will help with the barking. My wife is really upset about the whole situation

I totally get it. Part of our front door is all glass and sometimes the dogs will sit in front of it and bark at everything and anything that goes by. Duke will sometimes just bark to bark in case something might be out there. They seem to be more interested in barking at visual things than sounds, so I think the fence could work.

Dogs Bark, baby's cry.

Seems like this is a new undiscovered phenomenon to some people. Sure nobody likes a crying baby behind them on a three hour flight. But generally I try to believe that the baby didn't say..."hey I'm going to ruin that guys day, just watch"

Trip east canceled because of the nor easter...bummer because I had planned on visiting the folks at the end of the business trip.

Oh, and I've got some kind of fevery/cold/cough crap too, so I'm working from home.

Mehhh
Dang dude that sucks, especially since you're missing out on seeing your fam.
Really peeved with my work right now. Just found out information about my vacation benefits for 2015. The owner of my company merged part of her business with another company with whom she is now a partner. She's merging our benefits somewhat with them, including the vacation schedule which has screwed me. I went from having 18 paid days off down to 13 because I don't have 4 years of service with the firm. This really hurts when I've got a wedding/honeymoon and other stuff going on this year, not to mention it's kind of asinine to just pull a week of vacation from someone that had it previously. Not sure they're going to accommodate me with this which is really going to hurt my hopes for THP Events and just other stuff in general. Really really really bummed....
Holy crap I'd be pissed.

You really need to move back Ray.
You have no idea how much I would love that!

If it's anything like it is in Ohio, you'd better get to the grocery store quick -- Or buy some stock in the local grocery chain. People are insane.

People are nuts around here about that too... Milk and bread aisles look like an episode of walking dead!

Derek. So sorry to hear that. The owner of my last hotel had two companies. He tried to do the same thing with us. I had employees with over 10 years of service that stood to lose up to four weeks of vacation.

I told him he "couldn't" do that to such loyal employees. In all honesty probably one of the main reason I'm not there now. No big loss.

It's insane here. I can understand a run on salt for the walkway and drive or something, but how much milk and bread do people normally eat? What do they do with it 2 days after the storm?

Dang dude that sucks, especially since you're missing out on seeing your fam.

Holy crap I'd be pissed.
It's all good, it was partially a work trip so it'll get rescheduled. Obviously a little bummed, but I'd probably still be sitting in snowy traffic right now. If the flight didn't get diverted.

We put up a 6' white PVC fence because our neighbors have a chain link fence and we didn't want all the dogs barking at each other. I was out there the other day with Duke and Ellie and the neighbors dogs were barking like crazy and my dogs completely ignored it because they couldn't see them. Well, that and Duke can't hear them anyhow, but Ellie can hear a peanut butter jar opening from a mile away so she definitely heard them.

We have the same fence around the backyards of all the houses in my neighborhood (HOA requirement) and it does not do anything to stop my next door neighbor's 3 yorkies, poos or whatever floor mops they are from barking.
They let them out in the backyard and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, they are non-stop yapping. I don't have a dog and there is no one on the other side of him, so that cannot be blamed.
They just bark and bark. I have talked to him a couple of times and I get the same response every time... "I'm sorry, I don't know what they are barking at, I'll bring them inside."
I know the couple is older and probably can't hear very well if their hearing aids are off or turned down, but I should not have to put up with the noise. Yes, dogs bark, but that doesn't mean I should have to put up with the racket.
No, I am not a dog hater, I love them, have had a few and am considering getting another one in the Spring. Every dog I have owned, I trained not to bark. Not with pain or shock collars, a simple glass of water in face with a stern "QUIET" said to them. It only takes a few times and they learn. I am a very good neighbor, so I haven't filed a complaint with anyone over the last 3 years about the problem and now their home is up for sale, so hopefully the problem will go away soon.

Just writing this whiney note about the dogs really makes me miss my Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Megan).

We have the same fence around the backyards of all the houses in my neighborhood (HOA requirement) and it does not do anything to stop my next door neighbor's 3 yorkies, poos or whatever floor mops they are from barking.
They let them out in the backyard and it doesn't matter what time of day it is, they are non-stop yapping. I don't have a dog and there is no one on the other side of him, so that cannot be blamed.
They just bark and bark. I have talked to him a couple of times and I get the same response every time... "I'm sorry, I don't know what they are barking at, I'll bring them inside."
I know the couple is older and probably can't hear very well if their hearing aids are off or turned down, but I should not have to put up with the noise. Yes, dogs bark, but that doesn't mean I should have to put up with the racket.
No, I am not a dog hater, I love them, have had a few and am considering getting another one in the Spring. Every dog I have owned, I trained not to bark. Not with pain or shock collars, a simple glass of water in face with a stern "QUIET" said to them. It only takes a few times and they learn. I am a very good neighbor, so I haven't filed a complaint with anyone over the last 3 years about the problem and now their home is up for sale, so hopefully the problem will go away soon.

Just writing this whiney note about the dogs really makes me miss my Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Megan).
Please don't take offense to this but if I saw you throw a glass of water in your dogs face I would walk up and throw a hot cup of coffee in yours.

Everyone believes in training differently but that is not cool to me. Like CAA said, dogs bark and babies cry. That's life.

Please don't take offense to this but if I saw you throw a glass of water in your dogs face I would walk up and throw a hot cup of coffee in yours.

Everyone believes in training differently but that is not cool to me. Like CAA said, dogs bark and babies cry. That's life.

I agree, everyone trains dogs differently, but do you really think that is a cruel way? I've never done it, and thankfully my dog is not a barker, but I certainly don't think that is a crazy way to let a dog know that is not accepted behavior. I do think dogs will bark some, but excessive barking can be a problem.

I agree, everyone trains dogs differently, but do you really think that is a cruel way? I've never done it, and thankfully my dog is not a barker, but I certainly don't think that is a crazy way to let a dog know that is not accepted behavior. I do think dogs will bark some, but excessive barking can be a problem.
Yes, I do think it's cruel. I don't personally think its appropriate to throw water in a dogs face for doing what is natural to them. They are talking and expressing themselves. If you don't like a dog barking don't get a dog.

Yes, I do think it's cruel. I don't personally think its appropriate to throw water in a dogs face for doing what is natural to them. They are talking and expressing themselves. If you don't like a dog barking don't get a dog.

Interesting to me, I guess I view it the same as many other of their natural behaviors, humping, play biting, and marking their territory.

I guess I am lucky, my dog will only bark when something is up, maybe twice a week. My sisters dog will yap incessantly, and for no reason at all. I flat out couldn't handle it, you can't possibly watch tv with her around. I would certainly find a way to tone down the barking.

Interesting to me, I guess I view it the same as many other of their natural behaviors, humping, play biting, and marking their territory.

I guess I am lucky, my dog will only bark when something is up, maybe twice a week. My sisters dog will yap incessantly, and for no reason at all. I flat out couldn't handle it, you can't possibly watch tv with her around. I would certainly find a way to tone down the barking.

Like I said, everyone does things differently, and I do believe in training a dog, but if you have a problem with barking, I just don't think you should have a dog. You can house train a dog without having to throw water in it's face.

It's insane here. I can understand a run on salt for the walkway and drive or something, but how much milk and bread do people normally eat? What do they do with it 2 days after the storm?

Stop and Shop was ridiculous yesterday morning, which is when I normally do the shopping. Tonight I drove by and the lines to the gas pumps were 5-6 cars deep.

Like I said, everyone does things differently, and I do believe in training a dog, but if you have a problem with barking, I just don't think you should have a dog. You can house train a dog without having to throw water in it's face.

Agree 1 million percent.

$480.00 for a perception lens change in my Oakley's. Yeah BOHICA (bend over here it comes again)

That's crazy do you have vision insurance?

Almost all the neighbors on my street have dogs. All the neighbors whose yard touches my yard, and across the street from any part of my front yard have dogs. They talk to each other for sure, but it never lasts too long and peace is usually restored in short order. I can say that I rarely hear the neighborhood dogs barking at night. When they are all barking at night, there are probably creatures walking around out there.

That's crazy do you have vision insurance?

I miss special issue :(

Got to epidural shots in the spine to correct pain in right hip. Feeling better but that drugs need to wear off

Got to epidural shots in the spine to correct pain in right hip. Feeling better but that drugs need to wear off

Feel better dude, you've been fighting this for a while now. Any long term suggestions from the doc?

Was offered a new position today, however requires relocation. While leaving Ohiotopia would be great, it's just not in the cards at this time.

Back to the drawing board.

I gotta stop sleeping in on weekends. It always ends in me being unable to get to sleep Sunday night, and being wrecked on Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back