The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took May 3rd in the office "when will it stop snowing" pool. I think I may have been optimistic.

I can't wait till tapatalk fixes this crap

I can't wait till tapatalk fixes this crap
Agreed brother. I'm ready to pull some tongs out and toss the phone out the window.

I took May 3rd in the office "when will it stop snowing" pool. I think I may have been optimistic.

Peter, this is an intervention.
Your in a safe place, surrounded by people that care about you.
You have to stop buying squares......lol

It may be time to dust off the laptop. I can't take it

Peter, this is an intervention.
Your in a safe place, surrounded by people that care about you.
You have to stop buying squares......lol
...but they're so lucrative....

Walked into Meijer (local supermarket), was carrying my son, next thing I know I'm hearing that wonderful sound of vomit hitting the tile floor. Of course we're in the front of the store where everyone else is. I felt sorry for the kid that had to clean it up. It's bad enough when it's your kid. Has to be a million times worse when it's a strangers kid.

That type of roll is called a yeast roll down here still. Yeast allows it to rise before baking, hence, yeast roll. I get your point, but its part of the vernacular in this part of the US still. Not abnormal at all.

I'm going to the store to get me some yeast bread. hehehe

Whole town of 6K has been out of power since last night at 9pm. Lucky ​for me work has a generator so we still get to work. No power necessary at the golf course, wish I was there instead!
How do they check people in? Take money for greens fees? Make change?

I needed some de-icer on my car this afternoon. Trying to chisel the ice off from the overnight freezing rain was quite the treat.
We use these on the windshield of Jacqui's truck. Doesn't do anything for the sides or back, but takes care of a lot. Just turn off the car when the wipers are partway up the windshield, put these underneath them and slam the doors on the overhanging part.

INNO_0001-Kwickcan-Import-Spanish_OL-2.jpg

The Official Rant of the Day

Big slap in the face of reality today.

A girl yelled out of her car window to me "learn how to drive OLD MAN"

In fairness, I may or may not have cut her off.

Finally on my way to
NJ. Geez another long day of travel. Good thing...I've managed to get two round trip tickets the last two weeks due to delays.

Big slap in the face of reality today.

A girl yelled out of her car window to me "learn how to drive OLD MAN"

In fairness, I may of may not have cut her off.

With the slip of the middle finger out the window!

How do they check people in? Take money for greens fees? Make change?
My family was up in Lake George, NY during the big "blackout of 2003." Luckily enough, we were camping, so we could build a fire for food. We stopped at the conveinant store down the road from the campground and the gentleman behind the counter was giving away ice, ice cream, and anything else that was doomed to melt with no power. We picked up hot dogs, rolls, chips, batteries for flashlights, and a couple of bags of ice. The guy looked at the pile of stuff on the counter, then glanced at the register that wasn't working and said "looks like $10." We gave him $20 and walked out with our $30 worth of stuff.

My family was up in Lake George, NY during the big "blackout of 2003." Luckily enough, we were camping, so we could build a fire for food. We stopped at the conveinant store down the road from the campground and the gentleman behind the counter was giving away ice, ice cream, and anything else that was doomed to melt with no power. We picked up hot dogs, rolls, chips, batteries for flashlights, and a couple of bags of ice. The guy looked at the pile of stuff on the counter, then glanced at the register that wasn't working and said "looks like $10." We gave him $20 and walked out with our $30 worth of stuff.

That would work!

Good people are still on the there.

I worked at a Publix in high school when we lost power. We had to throw out EVERYTHING that was in the freezers, cooperate wouldn't let us give it away, we weren't even supposed to eat it ourselves.

The drama llama reared his head today at work. Slightly amusing, but also slightly annoying as both sides come to me to b*tch about the other. Listen fellas, I don't care about your problems ... I have enough of my own and don't need you to drag me into yours. I won't take sides because you're all idiots.

Love me some snow, rather have that then our stinkin rain

You say that now... Try having the same perspective after 70+" of the stuff in the span of a few weeks, oh and there's 2 more storms coming this week one of which is predicted to be a blizzard dumping another 12"+!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where in R.I. is that? I grew up in Glocester and the wife is from East Greenwich

I'm in Bristol, RI. Being from Glocester you wouldn't have had school for a month now. I can still hear Salty Brine calling out the cancellation list!

I'm in Bristol, RI. Being from Glocester you wouldn't have had school for a month now. I can still hear Salty Brine calling out the cancellation list!

No school Fostah Glostah!

Stupid me bid on (and won) the wrong item on ebay. Was trying to win a Speeder 757x for my covert and the guy had two supposed Speeder 757s for sale. Only problem is one was X-flex and one was Stiff-Flex. Being that the bidding end at 5:08AM, I of course bid on the wrong one and boom, I'm the winner.

The only silver lining here is the guy actually sent me the Speeder 661 in stiff flex. I was able to negotiate a trade in with a local shop for the 757x I actually wanted, but I could have just as easily returned it to the seller for sending the wrong item. Still a hassle I didnt really want to have to deal with.

Stupid me bid on (and won) the wrong item on ebay. Was trying to win a Speeder 757x for my covert and the guy had two supposed Speeder 757s for sale. Only problem is one was X-flex and one was Stiff-Flex. Being that the bidding end at 5:08AM, I of course bid on the wrong one and boom, I'm the winner.

The only silver lining here is the guy actually sent me the Speeder 661 in stiff flex. I was able to negotiate a trade in with a local shop for the 757x I actually wanted, but I could have just as easily returned it to the seller for sending the wrong item. Still a hassle I didnt really want to have to deal with.
I'm glad it worked out. I had a similar situation but as the seller and I just refunded the person. They did their research on the product after they bought it and decided against the purchase. There are worse problems in the world lol.

B9fomajIgAAtHmL.jpg:large

Thanks man.

You know we've had enough snow when the wife, who is loathe to be too far from her family, wonders out loud what it might be like to live in the Carolinas.

Boston is officially over 5 feet of snow within the past 30 days which sets a record for a 30-day period here. My wife just said "this may be the winter that breaks me", I might agree with her. I was in South Carolina this past weekend, getting on the plane to come back here was hard.

Could you guys wait at least until the #RegionalRivalry info is released???

So, I am a one person office for my company. My successes and failures are on me. If work doesn't get done there is no one to blame but me. It is me that gets called on to the carpet when deadlines are not met or requirements are not fulfilled (this never happens 'cause I bust my butt to get things done). Well, I am off on vacation starting Thursday and won't be back into the office until Tuesday of next week. That means I have to get about 3 days of work combined into one day to make sure everything is set for the following Tuesday. I am more than willing to put in that time to get it done, but let me do what I have to do. With knowledge in hand that I am out of the office for 3 days, my boss "asked" me to help cover another court in the morning. This kills at least half of my work day. Translation: At least have of the stuff I am responsible to have done isn't going to get done and I am going to be behind the 8 ball trying to catch up when I get back in next week. Now, there is another office that has a spare person that could handle the duties in court, but they can't close that office. We have to close my instead...where is the sense in that?!?!? Apparently those deadlines and requirements only mean something when it is convenient for them. I am so mad right now I can hardly see straight.

Last edited:
Super nit picky customers drive me insane!

Well if you hold it in just the right you can see the flaw...right there..see it? I watched him swivel this photo board about 30 times till he got the reflection just right in order to show me something that nobody would ever notice unless it was pointed out to them.

My son has a fever, ear infection and possible strep throat. Boy do I love public daycare. :banghead: Granted the ear infection isn't "catchable" but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back