The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to work after a THP event. Not to mention vertigo from flying kicked into high gear. Wish I knew how to prevent it I always get it when flying and a few days after as well.
Have you spoken to an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor about it?

Could be motion sickness. You can try popping Bonine next time.

looks like some kid wanted a day off

And it was a scheduled half day already! If you're gonna do it, at least wait till finals or something. Jeesh!

Have you spoken to an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor about it?

Could be motion sickness. You can try popping Bonine next time.
Tried that it doesn't work . But I have not gone to a Dr yet about it. Really stubborn about that but I think it is about time.

Had it a bit in Florida but its pretty bad after the flight home now. Going to give it a few more days but if it continues I may have to see someone about it.

Silly rant but ... Doing dishes tonight and putting the good silver away. I have a rooster pattern that my mom gave me. 40 pieces. I count them occasionally and tonight ... 39 pieces. I can't find the last spoon to save my life. My OCD is kicking into overdrive and it's killing me.

I thought I was the only OCD nerd about silverware! My wife takes her lunch to work and has lost spoons, forks, steak knives.... You name it, she's left it at work. I especially hate it when she has lost about 5 of our set of 8 steak knives from my Miracle knife set! Yes, I love my Miracle knife set! We have a set of Henkels knives, but I love my Miracle knives! I've had them for almost 20 years!

I thought I was the only OCD nerd about silverware! My wife takes her lunch to work and has lost spoons, forks, steak knives.... You name it, she's left it at work. I especially hate it when she has lost about 5 of our set of 8 steak knives from my Miracle knife set! Yes, I love my Miracle knife set! We have a set of Henkels knives, but I love my Miracle knives! I've had them for almost 20 years!
I am the same way with glasses if we break one we either have to find a single one we can buy or buy a new set can't stand when something is "missing".

I have bad OCD about some stuff then other stuff I have no care about.

My agencies FSA reimbursement process is a total cluster. Funny, it's my money ... you'd think I'd have quick and easy access to it. Instead I need to provide documentation like a madman ... as if I'm trying to cheat the system. WITH MY OWN MONEY!

I am the same way with glasses if we break one we either have to find a single one we can buy or buy a new set can't stand when something is "missing".

I have bad OCD about some stuff then other stuff I have no care about.
I've already taken a photo of a spoon and emailed Replacements.Com. I don't want to lay blame, but I don't take utensils out of the kitchen. :angry: Make of that statement what you will. :wink:

My agencies FSA reimbursement process is a total cluster. Funny, it's my money ... you'd think I'd have quick and easy access to it. Instead I need to provide documentation like a madman ... as if I'm trying to cheat the system. WITH MY OWN MONEY!
DUDE!!! That was us last year. We found it was easier to just pick up CRAP loads of OTC stuff on the allowable list just to get our money back.
My wife was not pleasant with the lady on the phone. I don't know how many times she said, 'but it's not YOUR money!'.

Same thing here. Every time, and I do mean every time I use the FSA with my money, I get a threatening letter saying I need to prove that the money was used for proper medical expenses, or they will report me to the IRS.
Our FSA is handled through Aetna and our insurance is through Aetna.

So Aetna says I need to send Aetna an EOB from Aetna that proves that Aetna paid for medical services that is covered by Aetna insurance.

I called them about this the first time I got the idiotic letter and asked why is Aetna asking for an EOB from Aetna. They said they were a different division but in the same building and could do a one time request for the EOB from a few floors down, but if I wanted them to do it any more, I would have to pay for them.

So what I do now is, when I get one of those threatening letters, I take all the EOB's to date and fax the whole thing to them. They usually get about 14 pages of fax.

Thanks all for the kind thoughts, went though a 5 hour Nuclear stress test today. Turns out I have A Fib and a extremely low heart rate, so they cannot treat one without screwing with the other.....but I broke a endurance record on the stress test! So the heart is actually very strong just confused. All those years of weight lifting paid off for something. More test, more doctors...ugg

I just packed the winter hat in my bag of stuff to take with me for golfing tonight

Thanks all for the kind thoughts, went though a 5 hour Nuclear stress test today. Turns out I have A Fib and a extremely low heart rate, so they cannot treat one without screwing with the other.....but I broke a endurance record on the stress test! So the heart is actually very strong just confused. All those years of weight lifting paid off for something. More test, more doctors...ugg
jim, sorry to hear about the afib. I had an episode of afib a year and a half ago, which scared the heck out of me. Turns out it's a lot more common than I realized, and they have some surgeries (depending on the type of afib) which can clear it up. Hope you fall into one of those categories.

Take care Jim. Us old guys have parts that just wear out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to hear Jim, I've been through several of those over the years as I had Open Heart Surgery as a child for a heart defect. My Cardiologist has told me a A Fib is not uncommon at all. Matter of fact my most recent EKG for my upcoming surgery showed one, and he wasn't too concerned about it at all.

Take care Jim. Us old guys have parts that just wear out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truer words never spoken Bill.

Just got home from work and one of my neighbors calls me over to go talk to her. She proceeds to tell me that one of my neighbors passed away this morning. Apparently a few days ago she got a cut on her finger and developed MERSA and it spread so quickly that they had to remove her finger then her spleen and finally her legs and she ended up not making it. She was 57 years old with 4 kids. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. I just saw her husband as I drove into the driveway. I don't even have the words to say to him.

Oh man Ricky. That is just horrible.

Just found out the storage facility I use for my 25' travel trailer during the winter changed ownership and policies.
I no longer have my reserved spot for this winter and now need to find another facility.

Wisdom tooth, that is all. :at-wits-end:

People who don't know how to use the "Reply All" button properly. Seriously, it's not that hard!

New Hampshire and Vermont are not for people who like to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back