The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a hockey player..get better soon.

Congrats on the hat trick
Hats-on-the-ice-clean-up.jpg

Haha thanks! Played 9 today with my dad in a league at crescent... Was sore but not terribly, shot a 49 which is about average luckily with golf I don't have to worry about getting hit lol

I am so sick of this damn snow. Going to be a fun run tomorrow. 7 more weeks can't get here soon enough.

I am so sick of this damn snow. Going to be a fun run tomorrow. 7 more weeks can't get here soon enough.
Mid 70s and sunny all day here today.

Man it was 80 when I was there yesterday. Almost told the wife I'll see you in May.

You need to reconsider the West Coast of Florida.

Woke up with a crazy head cold. Had some sinuses late last night, but didn't think anything of it. Well, this morning it hit me like a brick wall.

Jman, you guys will make it out no matter if you end up moving WEST. Think of it as a chance to get out of 'tornado alley' if it comes to moving.

Take care James. What looks dark now could turn out to be a wonderful adventure. My wife and I have moved with our girls multiple times, initially with a lot angst but in the end the journey and experience made our life's richer. Focus on what can be.

James it's tough to see now, but this will make you guys stronger as a family. Sure plans were made, but you two are talented and having to adjust will be a blip on the radar when it's done.

You guys have a beautiful daughter and each other, everything else will work out
Just got to chime in and reiterate what these two guys said. They're spot on. The foundation is family. The rest is just minor details that work themselves out. Both you and your wife have skill sets that are applicable - in demand even - in every area of the country. It'll be a challenge, but you guys are young and have each other. You'll be able to make it work, and not only make it work but thrive because of it.

$750/mo average to rent a ROOM in an apartment with 2 other people in the town i live in. Thats just silly.

$750/mo average to rent a ROOM in an apartment with 2 other people in the town i live in. Thats just silly.

I feel your pain. I almost threw up when I signed my lease for my new place in Dallas

I feel your pain. I almost threw up when I signed my lease for my new place in Dallas
Yeah, it went up fast, too. I mean, for that price, id think i could at least get a studio. Nope.

Oh well. Thats the price of living in a cool spot.

Yeah, it went up fast, too. I mean, for that price, id think i could at least get a studio. Nope.

Oh well. Thats the price of living in a cool spot.

Yep I agree. I'm sort of in the heart of it all in Dallas, but I have to pay for it. It's worth being close to my friends and tons of bars and restaurants, and more importantly with this Dallas Traffic, a few miles from work

Yep I agree. I'm sort of in the heart of it all in Dallas, but I have to pay for it. It's worth being close to my friends and tons of bars and restaurants, and more importantly with this Dallas Traffic, a few miles from work
Skipping rush hour traffic is priceless.

Sounds like you have a great spot though.

I have absolutely no patience when it comes to stupid obvious questions. Any people that do have patience for it, you're a saint.

I have absolutely no patience when it comes to stupid obvious questions. Any people that do have patience for it, you're a saint.

You would love retail.

Any trade interests?

You would love retail.

Worked it, even in the golf industry. Got chirped at by a manager for giving a blank stare to someone (Hey, do ya'll sell Taylors here?), and then got yelled at a bit more when I gave the manager the same look.

It's just been one of those days.

Like, how long is 60 minutes? I had someone ask me that.

So Fios in our area was purchased by Frontier. We use their internet. Did we get a letter, email or phone call? Nope. No interruption in service mind you, but log in to stream something and its gone. Then 20 minutes to setup Frontier account and link to SHO, nope. Says I don't have that service (I was given that for a year along with HBO for signing up). New mobile app is garbage for video. Website is busted. Doesn't even have our state listed to use for streaming.

The whole thing wreaks and doing a live chat now, they finally pick up and after 25 minutes, they say they have to transfer my chat back to Fios, who does not really exist because my account is stuck somewhere in pending. Its the weirdest thing I have encountered. But even weirder, we were online auto bill pay. Had I not logged in, our bill just wouldn't have been paid because we have to resign up for the whole thing with Frontier. Im at a loss right now, how do they not even tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back