The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest-Part V

Fighting to finish this week even. Had too many "cheat" meals while traveling this week. No real exercise either.

OK I went all out today ... 4.10 miles for a solid hour ... threw in 50 burpees (10 sets of 5) at random intervals ... since I was outside I ran through a low water area and up and down hills ...

Then my daughter needed help moving "stuff" in into her apartment ... on the second floor ... that was a workout!

Hopefully it pays off tomorrow!

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow.

Wife made an awesome Valentines day dinner for me. Guess I had a cheat day.
Still down 1.6 for the week. Slow and steady. Clothes are fitting better.
Another week and I may have to get in the older smaller jeans.
Thanks Mike and everyone else that is in this challenge. This was the kick in the butt I needed.

Well I managed to get out of neutral this week and post a 3.5 lb loss. Now to keep the momentum moving forward.

Weigh in completed and reported. Disappointed with only a 0.6 loss this week, considering I didn't cheat once. But, at least it's still a loss. It could mean I'll have a bigger loss this week.

Wife made an awesome Valentines day dinner for me. Guess I had a cheat day.
Still down 1.6 for the week. Slow and steady. Clothes are fitting better.
Another week and I may have to get in the older smaller jeans.
Thanks Mike and everyone else that is in this challenge. This was the kick in the butt I needed.

Way to move the needle! Team 3 for the loss!

Well I managed to get out of neutral this week and post a 3.5 lb loss. Now to keep the momentum moving forward.

Good job Shev! Do you think a significant weight loss will affect your golf game at all? It didn't for Jack Nicklaus, but wasn't there a PGA pro who lost weight & it threw his game off? NOT that I don't want you to be healthier haha! Just wondering if any THPers have dealt with this issue.

For me, I have to think the loss of a small child hanging off my belly will help with making a better turn back & through, as well as more stamina during a long round.

Kee up the good work bro!

Bad week and I apologize to my teammates on Team Bon Bon. Gained 1.4 lbs on the week. Time to drop that and more starts now.

An okay week for me. Lost 0.5 Lb. I need to stop eating poorly on the weekends. I was down 1.5 lb. on Friday morning. Oh well.

Weight sent. Down to 195 lb - the lowest I've been in 10 years! Lost 4 lb this week.

I'm down again this week. Squeaked in under 230 lbs this week. Gotta start pushing to get under 220's.

You guys are killing it this week...keep it going

Damn guys you making me look bad, but Congrats!!!

Good job Shev! Do you think a significant weight loss will affect your golf game at all? It didn't for Jack Nicklaus, but wasn't there a PGA pro who lost weight & it threw his game off? NOT that I don't want you to be healthier haha! Just wondering if any THPers have dealt with this issue.

For me, I have to think the loss of a small child hanging off my belly will help with making a better turn back & through, as well as more stamina during a long round.

Kee up the good work bro!
For me personally I think the weight loss will only help. I have lost significant distance over the past year and I can attribute that the weight gain. Weight loss should make it easier to get in certain positions in my golf swing, mainly a better turn and straighter path to the ball.

Most of my gain has been from being lazy. I injured my knee almost a year ago and used that as an excuse to not work out.

Craig Stadler lost 50 pounds and it wrecked his golf game. I have a friend that played professionally. She played for most of her pregnancy. When she came back after having the baby her swing was off. So it is a real concern. Since I don't play professionally, I will trade any potential harm to the golf game for the health benefits of being at a better weight.

2.8 down. Sooooo close to being under 200. Hit the 75 pound lost mark though

Not a good week for me. Up 1 lbs to 189. Ate to much bad stuff while traveling and wife brought home cake for Valentines day.

Up .6 I was sick last week, but it's still no excuse.

Down 1.8 lbs this week. Stepped on the scale Thursday to about a 3 lb gain, so I really had to limit myself towards the end of the week. 5.8 lbs away from my goal.

Back