The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest-Part V

Have you tried options like La Croix? Helps give you that satisfaction of carbonation without having a soda.

One thing I have done is get the Kona Cola nuun tabs and drop them in he plain/unflavored La Croix.

Such a great recommendation Beags

That is awesome! That is somewhere I am trying to get by the end of this. I currently sit at 177 and I haven't been under 180 in 3+ years. No idea the last time I was in the 160's.
Keep plugging away and it will come. When I started back in July I was at 195.
Way to go! You're my role model now Matt! ;)

My ultimate goal is to get down to that level. When I was at my most fit, I think I weighed around 165. I feel like this contest is the beginning of that journey to thinner.
I don't know about going that far. I would like to be able to get down to 162-165 and be able to maintain that.

Knowing I had to work tonight I hit the gym at lunch time this afternoon. Felt good to get a workout in early in the afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried options like La Croix? Helps give you that satisfaction of carbonation without having a soda.

One thing I have done is get the Kona Cola nuun tabs and drop them in he plain/unflavored La Croix.

I haven't and I had never heard of La Croix until you mentioned it. There website says whole foods is a retailer. Tomorrow when I am in Columbus I will have to see if the whole foods there carry's La Croix. Thanks for the recomendation

For you guys that have kicked soda. Did you stop cold turkey or did you wean your way off? I have had no luck this far. Mind you I am drinking nearly a case of Dr Pepper a day. I have tried keeping water at my desk and in my car. Tried the flavor drops, adding fruit you name it but I still end up back drinking Dr Pepper.
I went cold turkey and was drinking alot daily (not near a case though). Now its primarily water with the low cal lemonade packets

Seltzer/sparkling water was a game changer for me. I was a heavy soda drinker since I was a kid. Tried seltzer at friends house over the summer and never looked back. Never realized it was the carbonation I was craving. Dropped 15 pounds in 3 months.

I broke the 200 lb barrier this morning: 198 lbs. First time in years. 13 down, 30 to go!

For you guys that have kicked soda. Did you stop cold turkey or did you wean your way off? I have had no luck this far. Mind you I am drinking nearly a case of Dr Pepper a day. I have tried keeping water at my desk and in my car. Tried the flavor drops, adding fruit you name it but I still end up back drinking Dr Pepper.

I have done it pretty much cold turkey. I'm still having an occasional glass as a treat (mostly movie/TV watching, which we haven't done hardly at all since this started, so maybe there's a correlation there!). But that's been like 3 glasses since we started - as opposed to every meal (sometimes breakfast too) and easily 2L a day most days. And basically drinking zero water.

So now I'm drinking about 4L of water a day. Once I started this time, it just hasn't seemed too bad compared to other times I've tried this. I think for me, it must be mental more than physical. I know my overeating was more dealing (or not dealing) with other stuff in my life, and some laziness too.

I just keep thinking of a Steven Covey quote i read years ago that fits how I feel this time:

It's easy to say "No" when there's a deeper "Yes" burning inside.

I think I'm realizing that I'm not getting any younger and I'm running out of time to be in great shape. I want to be there for my wife & kids (and someday grandkids. Who else is gonna teach them to play golf?) I'm just fed up with looking & feeling like a fat old man, because that's not how I feel inside. Also, since I don't have any real talent for golf, I need to do everything else I can to get better, which includes being in good shape & getting stronger & more flexible.

I haven't and I had never heard of La Croix until you mentioned it. There website says whole foods is a retailer. Tomorrow when I am in Columbus I will have to see if the whole foods there carry's La Croix. Thanks for the recomendation

La Croix is sold at our local grocery store as well, so check out yours too and see if it's there.

La Croix is sold at our local grocery store as well, so check out yours too and see if it's there.
Not sold at my local grocery. May have to order some online. If I can't find locally.

Last edited:
I was down to 203 this morning. I knew I had some extra water weight I was holding at this past weigh in due to me stepping up my lifts pretty significantly, and looks like most of it has dropped off. I am hoping that this time next week I am sub 200, which would be the first time since probably 10th grade.

I was down to 203 this morning. I knew I had some extra water weight I was holding at this past weigh in due to me stepping up my lifts pretty significantly, and looks like most of it has dropped off. I am hoping that this time next week I am sub 200, which would be the first time since probably 10th grade.
Same thing happened to me, earlier this week. Was holding a ton of water.

Nice work! Keep it up!

Same thing happened to me, earlier this week. Was holding a ton of water.

So does heavy lifting retain water? Any idea why? is more hydration required to repair/rebuild the cells/tissues?

Nice work! Keep it up!

So does heavy lifting retain water? Any idea why? is more hydration required to repair/rebuild the cells/tissues?

When you lift heavy, you are actually tearing muscle fibers, and this requires increased water to the muscle to repair them. Usually when you start a new routine or get really focused on heavy lifting it will take your body some time to adjust to this, and thus increased water retention for a time

I think that is truly incredible!

Thanks to everyone that are sharing these incredible weight loss story. I love reading them, and it drives me to keep at it!

I think that is truly incredible!

Thanks to everyone that are sharing these incredible weight loss story. I love reading them, and it drives me to keep at it!

Absolutely, and it holds me accountable too! 73 pounds down and 18 to go to get me to 185! This process has been incredible, and I couldn't have done it without the support of the people here and my friends and family

Let's go slobs we got some ground to make up

I did back to back sweaty gym sessions. 10pm and 8am ... pooped to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did my first 2 lifting workouts this week - plus the metabolic aftershock workouts. Worked back & shoulders HARD this morning! Got that good sore feeling going today for sure! This is probably not a good thing for my golf swing tomorrow!

Scale read 199 this morning - hope I can keep it up over this weekend & superbowl parties.

Just hit 11000 steps today and didnt do a whole lot lol

Just checked mine and I'm just surpassed 13500 for the day. A lot of walking around this boring resort. I would have rather done Kalahari.

Just checked mine and I'm just surpassed 13500 for the day. A lot of walking around this boring resort. I would have rather done Kalahari.
What resort?

Back