The Official Tiger Woods Thread

OGputtnfool;n8883305 said:
Not sure if this has been posted in here, or elsewhere, but it's definitely worth the watch.

another good one on his 2000 US Open at Pebble, 15 stroke win is nuts and it could have been even more. also the almost-DQ

[video=youtube;Ug-HzOS5dc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug-HzOS5dc8[/video]

The announcement of the skins match with Tiger, Jason Day, Rory, and Hideki Matsuyama made me excited. Hopefully the players are mic'ed up.

The announcement of the skins match with Tiger, Jason Day, Rory, and Hideki Matsuyama made me excited. Hopefully the players are mic'ed up.
I sure hope they are.

At least he seems to understand the Olympics and what it means to be an Olympian and win a Medal.

If Tiger could some how pull off the miracle of all miracles and not only qualify, but WIN the Gold Medal in Tokyo, it would be the most Jordan-esque moment in the history of pro sports and the ultimate finish to one of the great careers in pro sports history.

At least he seems to understand the Olympics and what it means to be an Olympian and win a Medal.

If Tiger could some how pull off the miracle of all miracles and not only qualify, but WIN the Gold Medal in Tokyo, it would be the most Jordan-esque moment in the history of pro sports and the ultimate finish to one of the great careers in pro sports history.

While a great achievement, I don't think him making it into the Olympics and beating what, 12 other people, would be as great of an achievement as winning another major. Any major he wins at this point is huge and would be more of an achievement than winning an Olympic medal IMO.

I kind of felt that way about his Masters win.

While a great achievement, I don't think him making it into the Olympics and beating what, 12 other people, would be as great of an achievement as winning another major. Any major he wins at this point is huge and would be more of an achievement than winning an Olympic medal IMO.

But the Olympics only come around every four years (in golf's case...a couple times every hundred years???). And you have to peak in that one week, at a golf course you likely don't know. It's not beating 12 other people. It's beating a field of guys that are going to likely view that Medal as quite an achievement so are going to push hard to win.

I have a different perspective on the Olympics probably than other people. I think it's the greatest sporting event(s) there is, and personally view a medal as quite an achievement.

But the Olympics only come around every four years (in golf's case...a couple times every hundred years???). And you have to peak in that one week, at a golf course you likely don't know. It's not beating 12 other people. It's beating a field of guys that are going to likely view that Medal as quite an achievement so are going to push hard to win.

I have a different perspective on the Olympics probably than other people. I think it's the greatest sporting event(s) there is, and personally view a medal as quite an achievement.

We have had some of that discussion on other threads, but I think for golf it's definitely not the peak. IMO majors and a few other tournaments are still bigger.

Don't get me wrong, the Olympics would be a great achievement, I just don't think it's Jordan-esque for him. It's not a very big field.

We have had some of that discussion on other threads, but I think for golf it's definitely not the peak. IMO majors and a few other tournaments are still bigger.

Don't get me wrong, the Olympics would be a great achievement, I just don't think it's Jordan-esque for him. It's not a very big field.
I personally think Tiger Woods "American Gold Medalist" is one of the items on that impressive bucket list that just really would kick his entire repertoire up just to that even other level. How many golfers can claim they are an Olympic Gold Medalist?....well, Justin Rose.

Again, just my opinion.

Hence the reason that Spieth and others dropped out last year, citing zika, later backtracking on that, etc. It was viewed as a little, turned out to be lot and now others want in. Its sad but true.

I personally think Tiger Woods "American Gold Medalist" is one of the items on that impressive bucket list that just really would kick his entire repertoire up just to that even other level. How many golfers can claim they are an Olympic Gold Medalist?....well, Justin Rose.

Again, just my opinion.

Charles Sands has a gold metal in golf. Ever heard of him? Probably not.

Charles Sands has a gold metal in golf. Ever heard of him? Probably not.

I was referring to living.

Of course most people wil lnot have heard of a guy who won something in 1900. Most golf fans probably don't know who Tom Morris is.

I was referring to living.

Of course most people wil lnot have heard of a guy who won something in 1900. Most golf fans probably don't know who Tom Morris is.

Wayyyyyyyyyyy more people are going to have heard of Tom Morris. Way more. What I'm saying, is that there have only been 2 EVER gold medal winners in Golf. and one of them no one even knows who he is. It's not that historically important, and not more important than Majors. It's a cool thing to have, but it's not the biggest.

Sadly that seems to be the concensus - people view a Gold Medal for country as insignificant.

I personally view it as a pinnacle of achievement.

The only major Tiger has a chance of winning is the Masters. The other three have too much rough. 3 inch or higher and Tiger has no chance

The only major Tiger has a chance of winning is the Masters. The other three have too much rough. 3 inch or higher and Tiger has no chance

I think he will have a better chance to win more Open Championships going forward than he would Masters. Esp as he gets older. Esp when looking at the venues in 2021 and 2022.

the greatest rough player ever has no chance out of the rough

OK

remember that time Tiger shot 64 in the final round of the PGA Championship to finish 2nd and missed every fairway on the front 9? Yeah me too.

As expected, Tiger's first 2020 tournament will be at Torrey Pines

I hope he plays the API, but not sure its likely being there's a four week span of the WGC, Honda, API and The Players.

I for one am glad he sees the value in being an Olympic champion whereas others find ways to avoid the Olympics. It's not about money / majors.. Some just have that passion for the Olympics whereas others don't. I think a younger Tiger who was chafing Jack's major count would have avoided the Olympics if golf was in them back then but with age comes maturity.. I like this!

I hope he plays the API, but not sure its likely being there's a four week span of the WGC, Honda, API and The Players.
Don't forget the Valspar Championship...

Kidding.

remember that time Tiger shot 64 in the final round of the PGA Championship to finish 2nd and missed every fairway on the front 9? Yeah me too.

I do.. I was there :)

It was awesome to see.

He will play the API. I think he skips the WGC and Honda.

Back