The Official Tiger Woods Thread

[YOUTUBE]gDqP86E1oqY[/YOUTUBE]

That's just scary as hell.

Not relating to this case at all, but can anybody explain why they make 911 calls public?

Not relating to this case at all, but can anybody explain why they make 911 calls public?
I just felt like it! :D

I am sure he will be just fine and that in a week his cuts will be mostly healed up... why should he care about his face being a little cut up to keep him out of a tournament? Tim Herron and John Daly show up every week fat as a thanksgiving turkey, you don't see them sitting out tournaments for that and its much worse... :)

From Tigerwoods.com

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.

And i dont think this is going to quell any rumours about his marital life, will probably serve to only enhance them.. imo..

Does it really make a difference what was said? Once people begin to lob their opinions in the air, some how they become factual. I wonder how that happens? TW and his handlers are pretty good at what they do. Do we(public) really need to know what happened? People will continue with their opinions(accusations) until the next story comes on the horizon and this will become old news.

I've wondered that myself. I think it must have to do with the Freedom of Information Act.

When it is a completely private matter like this one, I don't really care for it.

I agree, they always bug me. It didnt happen on this call but it seems like kicking someone when they are down.

I've wondered that myself. I think it must have to do with the Freedom of Information Act.

When it is a completely private matter like this one, I don't really care for it.

It's not really a private matter. He damaged personal property, public property being the fire hydrant and his neighbors tree and refuses to talk to the police about it. What is lost in a lot of this story besides the domestic issues that are apparent, is the reports that he is taking pain killers. Pain killers for what? If for his year old knee operation than it would appear that he may have other issues besides infidelity and may be addicted to pain killers if he is indeed still taking them after all this time.

I find it funny how these rich guys just never get it. You don't cheat on your spouse with someone who has so much to gain, you have to cheat with someone on the same level with you who has as much to lose or more if you are lucky. They always go for the sluttiest, and most times a person who is not as attractive as their own spouse, if you are going to screw around and chance getting caught, my god upgrade!

Reactions: JB
It's not really a private matter. He damaged personal property, public property being the fire hydrant and his neighbors tree and refuses to talk to the police about it. What is lost in a lot of this story besides the domestic issues that are apparent, is the reports that he is taking pain killers. Pain killers for what? If for his year old knee operation than it would appear that he may have other issues besides infidelity and may be addicted to pain killers if he is indeed still taking them after all this time.

I find it funny how these rich guys just never get it. You don't cheat on your spouse with someone who has so much to gain, you have to cheat with someone on the same level with you who has as much to lose or more if you are lucky. They always go for the sluttiest, and most times a person who is not as attractive as their own spouse, if you are going to screw around and chance getting caught, my god upgrade!

First off, how are the domestic issues apparent? You have know idea what goes on in their home, nor does anybody else. You also have no idea about his injuries and are assuming they are from a year ago when in fact he is a professional athlete that goes through the stress of that and could very well be taking them for that.

He does NOT have to speak to the police by law. All he has to do is give his license, registration, and insurance. It is a traffic incident and nothing else at this point. You have convicted him of cheating, among so many other things, and you have NO PROOF OF THAT AT ALL. Your entire post seems angry because of his fame and money. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said it made no difference what he said, because you obviously made your mind up that the Enquirer is right (cause they usually are) and that is what this was about.

Speculation and opinions are one thing, but accusing a man of infidelity, abusing pain killers, etc... with no proof whatsoever seems excessive.

Where do you get your info?

It was reported on 2 different websites about the pain killers. I don't know about FL, but here in NV if the police show up and it is apparent that there has been some domestic abuse present it is an automatic trip (doesn't matter if the spouse wants to press chares either) to jail, so maybe this is why they are not letting the cops into the house?

Do you think Tiger should give John Daly a call?:act-up:

It was reported on 2 different websites about the pain killers. I don't know about FL, but here in NV if the police show up and it is apparent that there has been some domestic abuse present it is an automatic trip (doesn't matter if the spouse wants to press chares either) to jail, so maybe this is why they are not letting the cops into the house?

What are the websites? What makes the domestic abuse apparent?

WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? In FL it is automatic that someone goes to jail if it is domestic abuse. This is a TRAFFIC VIOLATION. Where do you get that he is abusing pain killers from a surgery a year ago. WHAT?

DOMESTIC ABUSE WAS APPARENT? Where? When?

Angry of what? Because some guy has a bunch of money and is a better golfer than I am? Not a chance. Give me a break, the Tiger love on this site is incredible. I guess I am one of the few who can see through the BS and call a spade a spade. It doesn't take much to piece together what is going on here. If you were innocent of the affairs, you would come out and flat out deny the rumors, has that happened? If you have nothing to hide, you don't hide from the police. We'll see how it all plays out in the end and who was right, wrong or angry. lol.

YES IT HAS HAPPENED. He came right out and denied it. So did the lady supposedly involved.

Next you will say it is PR spin. Tiger love fest here? More dislike him here than like him. But you accused him of domestic violence and drug abuse in a post with ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF ANYTHING.

Given the fact that he was just in a car accident, apparently it wasn't apparent that any domestic abuse had taken place. So at this point, unless Tiger or Elin were to file charges it's a dead end. As others have said he doesn't have to talk to the police or anyone ftm. Their recourse is to place him under arrest or drop it.

I have been watching the new stories and frankly, if there is any thing "domestic" it is their business regardless of his public figure status. However, no one knows, all we do know is that there was a car wreck and he has not spoken about it yet. He does not "owe" us an explanation and I have always admired his ability to keep his private life private and we should not speculate on any of these circumstances.

Angry of what? Because some guy has a bunch of money and is a better golfer than I am? Not a chance. Give me a break, the Tiger love on this site is incredible. I guess I am one of the few who can see through the BS and call a spade a spade. It doesn't take much to piece together what is going on here. If you were innocent of the affairs, you would come out and flat out deny the rumors, has that happened? If you have nothing to hide, you don't hide from the police. We'll see how it all plays out in the end and who was right, wrong or angry. lol.

I really hope you are never called for jury duty. I don't think one should make up ones mind before they have any facts. I would like to think that you are playing devil's advocate.

I happen to agree with what I bolded in your post, but this one is a wrap. Tiger ended it with his statement today and apparently Elin is on board or he wouldn't have released it.

Ok, we will break it down piece by piece for the inept.

His statement

As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

We know about the accident

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

What does he mean he will make sure it doesn't happen again? An accident? How can he control whether an accident happens. I THINK he is referring to the affair, alleged affair or putting himself in a compromising position with another women to even be accused of an affair

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

What rumors specifically are false and unfounded? The ones about you having an affair, the ones concerning prescription pain killer use?

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

I am confused about this statement when comparing it to the 911 call. Why does he need to clarify that Elin was the first person there? And has there been any other statements that she wasn't the first person there?

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.

I think he actually raises more questions about what happened than he answered. Then add in the other woman flying across country to get Gloria Allred as her attorney who we all know probably isn't the attorney you get when you want to keep out of the limelight concerning a legal matter as she will most definitely have a news conference about this in the next day or two, I would bet a small sum on this.

Do I feel angry about Tiger or any other person who may have more money than me, more talented in an area then me, etc of course not. That is just crazy. I don't feel one thing different about this news story than if it were my neighbor, or some guy I passed on the street and I witnessed the accident. This just happens to be a thread on this website that everyone is discussing, if that bothers some than maybe the thread should be locked so no one talks bad about Tiger on here. Personally if he did cheat on his wife he will get everything that he deserves, if he didn't cheat on his wife, well that is what comes with the territory when you are a celebrity. He has done an outstanding job up until this point of keeping his personal life private and I commend him on that, but it appears there are areas where he needs to improve on or get used to seeing more and more stories like this coming out.

And for the ones who keep commenting in the thread about how it is so absurd that we are talking about this, why are you commenting in the thread also and associating yourself with all the gossip going on in the thread? That is the best part of all, how people condemn the gossiping, but feel the need to comment on it. If you don't approve of it, don't keep it going by engaging in the discussion going on and it will go away.

I don't need any responses to this reply either, as I am done with this thread. It's pretty black and white and time will tell who was off base or not.

I really hope you are never called for jury duty. I don't think one should make up ones mind before they have any facts. I would like to think that you are playing devil's advocate.

Nope, I get turned away every time as my whole family is in law enforcement, judges or attorneys practically. The prosecutor would love me, but for some reason the defendants don't want me there. :D

Back