The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Tiger has so many issues/flaws that you could write a book on them! I mean, his personal life, his golf swing, and now keeping hiding injuries. Guy is messed up.

Tiger Wei?

Michelle Woods?

Eldrick Daly?

Kevin

I was just reading the article in Golf Digest about the 2010 US Open where they talk about Tigers amazing win at the 2000 US Open. Very interesting reading. Tiger really got bigger as you can see in the pictures. Not as dramatic as the baseball player who went from scrawny to huge but he is definitely bigger. I read somewhere Tiger saying how much further he hits the ball now but in that 2000 Open he averaged 299.3 and ranked 14th in accuracy, thats some staggering numbers. Only John Daly averaged longer drives.

I was just reading the article in Golf Digest about the 2010 US Open where they talk about Tigers amazing win at the 2000 US Open. Very interesting reading. Tiger really got bigger as you can see in the pictures. Not as dramatic as the baseball player who went from scrawny to huge but he is definitely bigger. I read somewhere Tiger saying how much further he hits the ball now but in that 2000 Open he averaged 299.3 and ranked 14th in accuracy, thats some staggering numbers. Only John Daly averaged longer drives.

I remember Tiger being a huge hitter off the tee, and he's not so much anymore.

I don't really think Tiger got huge. Obviously he has been working out and is more developed than 10 years ago but most of us who eat right and workout can achieve those results. I've seen quite a few roidheads and he doesn't look like them.

A couple of years ago I had the opportunity to stand next to TW and VJ. I thought VJ was much bigger...but then again he supposedly works out twice a day.

Tiger fumes at questions in Ireland

Tiger fumes at questions in Ireland

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/Tiger-Woods-chooses-to-go-home-and-see-kids-over-British-Open-preparation-070610

070610-Golf-Tiger-Woods-JW_20100706115919_660_320.JPG

Tiger Woods will go home to see his kids instead of prepping for next week's British Open.

ADARE, Ireland (AP) After another warm welcome from the Irish public, Tiger Woods was far less impressed with the line of questioning on Tuesday about his state of mind since the sex scandal that's wrecked his marriage.

Following his 3-under-par 69 in his final round of the charity J.P. McManus Invitational Pro-Am, his first foreign appearance since the scandal, he met probing media questions with a show of tense, taciturn discipline. When asked whether his liaisons with other women had been "worth it" since it cost him his marriage and commercial endorsements, Woods replied, "I think you're looking too deep into this." He torpedoed the follow-up question with an icily firm "Thank you."

Faced with questions about why he was returning immediately to his Florida home rather than heading to Scotland to prepare for next week's British Open at St. Andrews, one of his favorite courses where he's won two previous Opens in 2000 and 2005, the previously easy-speaking Woods flipped a switch into staccato half-sentences.

• How will you prepare? "Practicing."
  • Where? "Home."
  • Why not try and play some links golf in Scotland beforehand? "I need to get home." Silence.
  • Why? "See my kids." Silence.
Throughout the 15-minute press conference journalists attempted various angles to coax and comment on how Woods' marital implosion was affecting his game.

"There are times in one's life when things get put in perspective, one being when my father passed, and obviously what I've been going through lately," he said in his most expansive reply.

But when asked again whether he was finding personal worries overshadowing his game, Woods had clearly had enough.

"Everything's working itself out," was all he would say.

When asked if that meant his troubles were still undermining his golf, Woods descended into glum-eyed silence, offering only an expression somewhere between a grimace and a frown.

Out on the Adare Manor Golf Course, Woods felt nothing but love and admiration from the more than 20,000 fans who lined the 7,453-yard course five-deep to watch his every drive, approach shot and putt. Armed with a full night's sleep, Woods breezed through a course that had befuddled him on Monday, when he shot a 7-over-par 79 to fall near the bottom of the field of 54 professionals.

Woods' Irish caddie, silver-haired Tipperary car dealer Arthur Pierse, said Woods was exhausted on Monday after flying overnight from the conclusion of the AT&T National in Pennsylvania, where he finished a distant 46th. He climbed back into the middle of the pack with Tuesday's performance, though the score didn't matter because the pros at the McManus Invitational typically give their prize money to Irish charities, and the event is not U.S. PGA-ranked.

Every five years, Irish billionaire McManus persuades many of the world's top golfers to join his charity event in Adare, where three-member teams of amateurs pay $155,000 for the chance to play alongside the pros. Tuesday's rested Woods attacked the outward nine, birdieing three holes and narrowly missing others when putts clipped the hole. He missed an eagle on the 7th, the first par-5 target, by barely an inch. The day before, the same hole produced a double bogey into a pond.

Woods' game suffered once the weather took a decidedly Irish turn at the 10th hole. Drab gray skies that previously offered softly spitting rain deteriorated into an in-your-face icy shower. Woods, setting aside his umbrella for rushed shots, underhit his approach into a bunker, then shanked the following chip shot 8 feet right of the hole. Woods slapped his wedge into the sand and groaned before two-putting for his day's first bogey.

Woods dallied at a gourmet sausage vendor - where he inquired about what a Cumberland sausage was before opting instead for a bunless burger - until the rain eased. At the 11th, a par-3 230-yarder offering a straight shot across the River Maigue to the green, Woods planted the ball 8 feet from the hole, then nailed the putt for another birdie.

Woods did it again on the par-4 14th, covering most of the 444 yards on his drive, then planting the ball 2 feet from the cup for another birdie. But just like Monday, Woods couldn't conjure any magic in his approach to the par-5, 548-yard 18th in front of the fans' main stands. He tried again to cross the river in two shots but once again put the ball into the water for his final bogey.

One of the thousands who came specifically to Adare to see Tiger, 32-year-old high school teacher Marie O'Sullivan, snapped off pictures rapid-fire as he passed by on the 18th fairway. She told a reporter of her County Kerry village's recent dramatization of Woods' personal troubles, an earthy variety show called "Pride of the Parish" featuring Tiger Woods and wife Elin Nordegren in marriage counseling. In the show, she said, the couple mended their troubles with the help of a counselor.

"If only life imitated art," said O'Sullivan, who played the role of Nordegren in the revue.

he also hit yet another person off the tee there. i think thats 5 or 6 now.

i dont think he will ever hear the end of the whole marriage and sex scandal thing..

im sorry i know he is a big time athlete but seriously i wish some stubborn reporters would stop asking these questions. He has made it more than abundantly clear he is not going to answer them and yet you guys still ask. Also you know it ruins the interview/press conference for everyone else so please stop already. He's not gonna answer them and lets all be honest he shouldn't have to once he took responsibility for his actions and asked for some privacy for his family that should have been it. Just my opinion. And PS good for him going to see his kids instead of staying in the UK

im sorry i know he is a big time athlete but seriously i wish some stubborn reporters would stop asking these questions. He has made it more than abundantly clear he is not going to answer them and yet you guys still ask. Also you know it ruins the interview/press conference for everyone else so please stop already. He's not gonna answer them and lets all be honest he shouldn't have to once he took responsibility for his actions and asked for some privacy for his family that should have been it. Just my opinion. And PS good for him going to see his kids instead of staying in the UK

Amen, they're athletes. I know athletes are supposed to be role models but who says? I used to think that they're people just like us and they're allowed to make mistakes. I used to defend Big Ben Roethlisburger (i know I spelled his name wrong, dont care) until his most recent troubles. What tiger did was wrong, but I don't watch him every chance I get to get tips on how to pick up woman. Actually I don't know why I even watch him anymore, he's been sturgglin big time. I think the fans are safer standing in the middle of the fairway than over by the concession stand.

He screwed up big time. What he did has no excuses for it. Having said that, at what point do we start to move forward from it? I'm not asking that it be forgiven but why keep digging into the wound? I'm tired of the reporters using his bad play as an excuse to keep asking about it. Most of the media from what I have seen over the years are scum. They want reactionary news, they don't care about the repercussions of it. I know the haters will always do just that, hate, but thats not supposed to be the media. As a golfer I hope he can move on from this because I truly enjoy watching him play at his best. To me theres nothing else like it in sports.

I agree with people when they say we need to move on but he really has brought it on himself. Its going to fade but not for awhile or until something bigger comes up. And if he just admitted this was impacting him im sure it would go away quicker. Im sure he is a proud guy but at some point you gotta let it off your chest. Personal problems regardless of size impact you. It sucks. Just admit it and move on. Unfortunately this will drag on bcs both sides are head strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree its getting old quick, but rememeber this is his first trip overseas and first time in front of these "reporters" so to them its not old news sadly. probabaly be a circus at the Open cause again its the first time for the British press to ask him questions about it. hopefully as the year goes on this will go away or get less and less.

Just watched that part of the interview, he really wasn't mean or anything i can totally understand where he is coming from and he handled it quite well in my opinion

I, for one, could care less about what he has done off the course. If he wasnt the single most recognizable sports figure in the entire world nobody would care. How many other celebrities have done the same thing? How many freinds, family, neighbors have done the same. more than anyone can recall. But because he was placed on a pedestal his entire career he has been singled out. Yes he screwed up. Big time. But in my opinion he hasnt done worse then say Mike Vick or LT or even Kobe. He has admitted to his shortcomings and taken full blame for them. He has been humbled and shown to be just another mere mortal. Let the man live his life and do what he does best.

I'd compare what he did to Kobe but not Lt and Vick. What he did was wrong but not a felony.

pretty sure Kobe was accused of rape/sexual assualt? Tiger was a scumbag to his wife and kids but dont think he raped/assulated anyone?

yeah...didnt know rape was a misdemeanor these days...

Back