The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

Westy is looking done...misses a 3 footer to drop to +4.

Westy is looking done...misses a 3 footer to drop to +4.

Depending on the afternoon though, Westy could still be there for the weekend.
This is 3 majors in a row that I have said "well this could be the one for him". When do I realize he and Montguntery are one and the same.

This is 3 majors in a row that I have said "well this could be the one for him". When do I realize he and Montguntery are one and the same.

Very true - since they are taking the top 70 the scores could go up with changing course conditions. Wind is looking pretty gnarly online at the moment. He may want to play even or better in though.

Simon Dyson just One-T'd a putt. 15 foot putt that he left 5 ft shot and missed 4 feet to the right.

Just noticed that Martin Kaymer is 1 off the lead at -3. The coverage doesn't seem to be talking about him all that much, but he's a major champion and was #1 in the world earlier this year, he could be a good bet going into the weekend.

Hilarious commentary from Peter Alliss earlier today on Miguel Angel Jimenez's stretching routine on the range. The sound is low on the video, so turn it all the way up on your computer.

Me too. I hate it. I can only imagine how much tougher it is there.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Hilarious commentary from Peter Alliss earlier today on Miguel Angel Jimenez's stretching routine on the range. The sound is low on the video, so turn it all the way up on your computer.

The cigar never leaves the mouth. Gotta love it.

Kurt Barnes has officially broken into the closet of John Daly. What a pathetic look....

Crap, slept in today. Looks like I missed a lot.
Go Simon Dyson!

Watching Phil's interview post round makes me just absolutely love honest questions and answers. Insight into his game and what he is doing, that some golfers never let you know. Its appreciated as a fan of the game.

Unofortunately he was one of picks for the contest. Hurts to have him miss the cut.

Watching Phil's interview post round makes me just absolutely love honest questions and answers. Insight into his game and what he is doing, that some golfers never let you know. Its appreciated as a fan of the game.

I agree, it's refreshing to get candid answers. But I chuckle a little that they come from Phil, who has long had a reputation for being one of the bigger fake personalities on tour.

I agree, it's refreshing to get candid answers. But I chuckle a little that they come from Phil, who has long had a reputation for being one of the bigger fake personalities on tour.

Depends on who you ask I guess.

^ Do a google search for "figjam." You will get link after link after link from media who cover the sport telling you that tour players hate him. Or, at least they did in 2006. I guess thinks could have changed in the last 5 years, but I kinda doubt it.

Who says this? I demand to know lol.

Phil is all class, seems like anyone who says otherwise is just trying to make a few bucks.

^ Do a google search for "figjam." You will get link after link after link from media who cover the sport telling you that tour players hate him. Or, at least they did in 2006. I guess thinks could have changed in the last 5 years, but I kinda doubt it.

I know all well and good about rumors and things. Like I said, we have spent a lot of time around the tour and at events and most media enjoy him quite a bit for his candor and honesty. Unlike a select few others at the top of their game.

It seems if you are honest and smile, its fake. If you are rude and confrontational, its called emotional and intensity.

I was a sportswriter in a former life, so I guarantee media love him. As well they should. We loved guys like him. My point was he wasn't/isn't liked by his peers.

I was a sportswriter in a former life, so I guarantee media love him. As well they should. We loved guys like him. My point was he wasn't/isn't liked by his peers.

Again, I am sure that there are many that dont. Just like every guy out there. However in our time on the tour and around the athletes, we see more guys than not feel the other way. Something that cannot be said for others at the top of the game. In any sport really.

Or being a jackass. It's pretty easy for me to see where the anti Phil feelings come from, and it's usually one camp.

I'm gonna be loading up some coverage shortly. Seems like I gave ol Ricky Barnes the curse huh?

I know all well and good about rumors and things. Like I said, we have spent a lot of time around the tour and at events and most media enjoy him quite a bit for his candor and honesty. Unlike a select few others at the top of their game.

It seems if you are honest and smile, its fake. If you are rude and confrontational, its called emotional and intensity.

Jeff Overton is going to win. he is playing well, he is keeping his temper grounded...kind of. He looks as if he bought a bigger shirt or lost 2 pounds. he looks to be in good form and I have a feeling that tomorrow he goes LOW!

What's with him and short putts anyway? Sergio has the same problem. It's a head scratcher.

Just getting to the computer today.

Phil? It's an affliction that happens to older guys! Ask Watson about the short putts.

Looking good for Watson to make the weekend at the moment. Still hoping for bad weather the rest of the day though!

Back