The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

I won't further hijack this thread, but here is part of an excerpt from the GC article that named Mickelson No. 8 on it's list of Top 10 Hated Athletes:

Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, "Man, the fans here love Phil." The golfer replied, "They don't know him the way we do." It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: "Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody."

Mickelson has earned many nicknames on the Tour, but our favorite is FIGJAM ... "There are a bunch of pros who think he and his whole smiley, happy face are a fraud," another reporter says. "They think he's preening and insincere."

I never thought I would say this, but watching Ernie Els play golf right now is painful, especially when he putts.

I won't further hijack this thread, but here is part of an excerpt from the GC article that named Mickelson No. 8 on it's list of Top 10 Hated Athletes:

Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, "Man, the fans here love Phil." The golfer replied, "They don't know him the way we do." It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: "Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody."

Mickelson has earned many nicknames on the Tour, but our favorite is FIGJAM ... "There are a bunch of pros who think he and his whole smiley, happy face are a fraud," another reporter says. "They think he's preening and insincere."

And like I have said all along. You can get a bunch of guys together and find ones that dislike any athlete.
Smile and friendly = fake to some.
Rude and robotic = intensity to some.

The way to watch a major that is not in 3D. HD at 10 feet.

scaled.php

The way to watch a major that is not in 3D. HD at 10 feet.

scaled.php

wow!!!!!!!! I dont even really know what to say

When did you get a projector? What kind did you get? And how big is the screen? (And why isn't it larger?)

When did you get a projector? What kind did you get? And how big is the screen? (And why isn't it larger?)

BenQ
Screen is 110"
Too close to go any bigger.
It was our golf room and now is a hybrid golf/theater room.

Full unveiling will come soon in the new thp hq thread.

BenQ
Screen is 110"Too close to go any bigger.
It was our golf room and now is a hybrid golf/theater room.

Full unveiling will come soon in the new thp hq thread.

holy ....

Been out playing today so have missed most of the action, trying to catch up now

I dont want to hear another word about Bjorn choking. Just let it go!! Its wearing me out and I stopped caring after the 1st hole yesterday

Hey, is there a prize for comming in dead last in the contest...maybe the oppsite of a driver...a putter (or a bag of tees maybe). Could I win a picture of the driver signed by JB.

I dont want to hear another word about Bjorn choking. Just let it go!! Its wearing me out and I stopped caring after the 1st hole yesterday

1 over is definitely not choking...

Nice to see Oakley got original with Rory's shirt. Like it. Liked it more the first time I saw it when Sligo had that pattern a while ago.

Wow did I pick some stinkers for this contest. Am I the only one surprised to see Glover up there today just never thought he had that much game but he's really been playing well this year.

Nice to see Oakley got original with Rory's shirt. Like it. Liked it more the first time I saw it when Sligo had that pattern a while ago.

Ha ha, I was just thinking I like that shirt. Didn't realize Sligo already had that pattern.

Ha ha, I was just thinking I like that shirt. Didn't realize Sligo already had that pattern.

Yeah, its called the O'Brien. They have had it for a long time now in many many colors.

Wow did I pick some stinkers for this contest. Am I the only one surprised to see Glover up there today just never thought he had that much game but he's really been playing well this year.

I feel like he hasnt done much since his 1 big win, but I guess if youve won a major it cant be a huge shock to see you on top.. I didnt even consider picking him though

When did Rory start wearing Sligo shirts?

Ouch! I need to get to a TV and check it out... Can anyone supply a pic?

Just got on the thread, it's been a crazy morning at work with no water in the building!

Love the screen setup/theater golf watching room! I need me one of them!

I now understand why people get so sick of all the tiger coverage. This morning espn was apparently intent on shoving tom lewis as far down our throats as possible. Kicking off their morning coverage, with guys like moobs, phil, kuchar, charl, stricker and such out on the course hitting golf shots; instead of showing those guys, for at least a half an hour espn spent talking and stalking tom lewis. Showing him on the range, standing next to his bag talking to his caddy, hugging his mom, shaking hands, walking to the first tee, getting his card. I wanted to scream "just show bleeping golf already!?!?!?!"

What gets me is the apparent complete lack of awareness of who their audience is. This is at 3am central time, anyone up watching the broadcast is going to be a diehard golf fan who wants to see golf, not a casual fan who needs some storyline hook to pay attention; so why they found it necessary to focus on an individual storyline instead of golf at that hour, I just don't know.
/end rant

Watney may be the death of me. Kid has the game of a yo-yo.

Back