The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
I'd still live and golf over there in a minute. Any of you Euro's hiring?
I have my European passport and am still thinking about it, but not England. More likely the south of France or SPain.

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap

biggsy

Reaction score
Wow, it is nasty out there.

The audio is in and out as well.

I love seeing Watson play well in this tournament.

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Yeah I heard that too TC....Yikes!

Hey, it took 3 days, but we have an official A.K. Sighting!
I was wondering when anyone might mention AK. How cool would it be to see him win it?

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Wow, it is nasty out there.

The audio is in and out as well.

I love seeing Watson play well in this tournament.
Its great, I love watching Watson, he just birdied and I think everyone is going to come back to him. He's only one over for the day right now and thats a good score.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Is it just me or does it look like the weather is getting better?

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9

biggsy

Reaction score
I think it's humorous that guys like Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Justin Leonard are American and a major winner, some on that list won a British. Yet you have the 'best' players in the world missing cuts in their most important tournament and on their home turf...Donald, Westwood (Monty 1.5). Silly Euros. The best players in the world shouldn't miss cuts.

biggsy

Reaction score
I really like the white waterproofs. Never seen all white like what Adam Scott is wearing.

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
I really like the white waterproofs. Never seen all white like what Adam Scott is wearing.
They look good but they would be tough to keep clean. At least here in BC it would be white for the first 3 holes, then a browny colour.

biggsy

Reaction score
They look good but they would be tough to keep clean. At least here in BC it would be white for the first 3 holes, then a browny colour.
I wonder how stain resistant they'd be? Or if you could treat them to resist stains. I see a product test in THP's future! :D

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I think it's humorous that guys like Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Justin Leonard are American and a major winner, some on that list won a British. Yet you have the 'best' players in the world missing cuts in their most important tournament and on their home turf...Donald, Westwood (Monty 1.5). Silly Euros. The best players in the world shouldn't miss cuts.
Well, that goes back to the debate of how can you be the #1 player in the world without winning a major! I personally don't think pilling up top tens makes you the best in the world.....it makes you damn good, but not the best in the world!

adwillingham

2-Time HOFer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If anyone is having trouble getting to a TV, the broadcast is on ESPN3.com online as well...allows me to keep the kid hooked our top notch babysitter - TiVO :act-up:

Tom Watson could be in really good shape when this day is over even with the bogey on 18.

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that goes back to the debate of how can you be the #1 player in the world without winning a major! I personally don't think pilling up top tens makes you the best in the world.....it makes you damn good, but not the best in the world!
While I agree wholeheartedly, the issue is there is nobody that has stepped up. Look at the last few years of major winners.

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I agree, it's refreshing to get candid answers. But I chuckle a little that they come from Phil, who has long had a reputation for being one of the bigger fake personalities on tour.
Really!? Fake?! PM.....I'm thinking not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
While I agree wholeheartedly, the issue is there is nobody that has stepped up. Look at the last few years of major winners.
Your right, nobody has jumped out and taken over, I just am of the opinion that to asend to the #1 spot, you should have at least 1 major to your credit.

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Rickie Fowler playing very well today. Could have got to -1 on the front with that missed birdie on 9. Still - no bogeys and even par will go a LONG ways today I think.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Rickie Fowler playing very well today. Could have got to -1 on the front with that missed birdie on 9. Still - no bogeys and even par will go a LONG ways today I think.
Playing college golf in Oklahoma he had to learn to play in the wind.

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Wow, they just said with 69 players out, the field is 276 over par!! That's 4 over per person....now figure several of the in their first few holes who are only 1 or even 2 over.....And a few others, Watson and Fowler with good rounds, that means there has to be some real ugly numbers out there!

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Bjorn and Clarke looking good early....I like it!

TripleBogieTim

Long lost sheep
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
Clarke makes the only birdie all day on the first!

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
DC has always been an interesting guy. He is hanging right in there and if his putter gets hot, he can score with anybody.

tnc200

The Snowman
Reaction score
Handicap
Holding par will be a great score today. Let the other guys blow up and move the board around. Guys that played the Scottish have got to be sick of this rain by now. Rain just ruins rounds in my opinion, add an asterisk. Fowler does seem to be able to play in it though.

blugold

Autobots, roll out!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 or so.
I may be in the minority, but I find watching golf in this kind of weather to be super boring. I know that part of the allure and challenge of the Open is the weather. But it is still really broing to me.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in