The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

My predictions are still good to go. Right now:
  • Sergio, my winner is Even, four shots back in 19th. I thought he would be closer to the lead at this point though.
  • Watson, my darkhorse, is +2, six shots back in 44th. If the weather does indeed get nasty this weekend, that will help his cause for a top 25 finish. Maybe better?
  • McIlroy, at even is 4 ahead of Westwood and at least 5 ahead of Donald, both of whom are likely missing the cut.
  • Mickelson is in 14th place. Just inside the top 15. I'd love to miss this prediction that he would finish outside the top 15.

Smalls - Sergio, really? When is the last time he was able*to putt on a weekend?

And what's up with Luke? Talk about disappointment coming from a top ranked player in 2 consecutive majors. He played so damn well at the Scottish Open also.

I've gotten to watch exactly none of the coverage so far, but really impressive how compact the leaderboard is. Glad to see that some of the Americans actually showed up for a Major.

Its great to see that this Open is so competitive. It will still be hard to pick the winner with 2 more rounds to go.

There will be plenty of scores in the 80's tomorrow I'd imagine. Heavy rain and wind weeeeeeee.

How many reading this thread still have all of their picks in the field for the weekend?

Glad to see that some of the Americans actually showed up for a Major.

It's really no different than the Masters and the US open.
The demise of the Americans is vastly overrated. They just haven't been the dude at the top of the leader board. Their representation towards the top of the leaderboard has been fine.

Without the actual numbers, if one was to switch the leaderboard for the cutline I'd believe it. Some big names are going home early on this one.

I'd love to see Clarke or Jiminez winning one for the old timers, with all the recent talk of the young blood filling power vacuums, if you'll pardon the mixed metaphore!

Having said that, I'd love to see you're giant-capped, long-haired lad keep his nerve. I watched him all day today, and I'm liking the way he carries himself, and the way he tamed unfamiliar links golf well...

"Are you Tapatalking to me?"

All the players that made the cut are within 7 strokes of the leader. AWESOME!

All the players that made the cut are within 7 strokes of the leader. AWESOME!

thats great, should make for an exciting weekend

I'd love to see Clarke or Jiminez winning one for the old timers, with all the recent talk of the young blood filling power vacuums, if you'll pardon the mixed metaphore!

Having said that, I'd love to see you're giant-capped, long-haired lad keep his nerve. I watched him all day today, and I'm liking the way he carries himself, and the way he tamed unfamiliar links golf well...

"Are you Tapatalking to me?"

I'd love to see DC win it

I haven't the slightest clue what's going to happen this weekend, isn't it great.

There are a lot of guys who I think could have a shot, but with this weather they're predicting, who the heck knows. Should be an excellent show.

What!? Lee Westwood missed the cut? And I didn't pick him in my staff predictions! Hmmmmmm.

Well, I'm done....2 of mine missed the cut....good luck everyone!

Yea pretty sure my team is done because of Westwood. I still have three in it so we'll see, but I definitely need some luck.

Smalls - Sergio, really? When is the last time he was able*to putt on a weekend?

And what's up with Luke? Talk about disappointment coming from a top ranked player in 2 consecutive majors. He played so damn well at the Scottish Open also.

A couple of us actually took Sergio, with a third naming him as his darkhorse. He's right there. In fact if the weather is as bad as I've heard it's going to be, everyone who made the cut has a chance in this thing.

Steve Stricker - T19
Freddie Jacobson - T19
Alvaro Quiros - Cut
Luke Donald - Cut

I am smokin hot!!! yeah right....
Would have done better throwing darts....

All my choices missed the cut, shoulda gone with my gut and not with my brain..

Yea I think I'm out of this one. Good luck everyone

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I still have Sergio and McIlroy. Toothy sucked it up.

I'm done. Two of my guys finished at +4. Its tough to be 8 shots out of the lead and not make the cut.

Back