The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

this Links Golf stuff is starting to grow on me. I think i'm starting to undestand the idea of how you have to play the angles, and how there's a certain way you have to get around the track (plus live major golf in hd at 3am and on basically all day. it's easy to fall in love with that). It's unique, and that course looks like a real scene man. I think it was alan shipnuck who's been saying all year that royal st. george is a meh open championship site. I completely disagree, that place looks like a huge monster. I think it's playing as a great major site.

Skimmers...I said that this morning.

I love people trying to make the argument that Donald is still the hottest golfer in the world. Dude just missed the cut in the major. Not all that en fuego.

Hottest golfer because he's played the most maybe? It seems like he's played every freakin week and I think he's got to be running out of gas myself!

Smalls - Sergio, really? When is the last time he was able*to putt on a weekend?

And what's up with Luke? Talk about disappointment coming from a top ranked player in 2 consecutive majors. He played so damn well at the Scottish Open also.

I thought the same thing, but I think he's just flat out of gas at this point...

How many reading this thread still have all of their picks in the field for the weekend?

My goodness, I've got one guy left: Freddie Jacobsen. My others: Els, Fisher, and McDowell = no bueno.

uffda!

I went with:
Phil Mickelson
Trevor Immelman
KJ Choi
Rory McIlroy

looks like they all at least made the cut..just gotta hope a couple of em go off on the weekend heh

The weather has definitely changed for the worse at the moment

Sick idea. I could get used to posting around here. Just for the record, I probably would have gone...

A. Scott
R. Fowler
R. McIlroy
H. Mahan
D. Johnson

Hottest golfer because he's played the most maybe? It seems like he's played every freakin week and I think he's got to be running out of gas myself!

Could be gas. He has a stench coming from him right now, that is for sure. Did TW spoil us or what. We just expect the same from the current crop. #1 golfers in the world, should not miss cuts in majors. They should also have won one, but that is for another debate.

The weather has definitely changed for the worse at the moment

Now we will see what happens.

Sick idea. I could get used to posting around here. Just for the record, I probably would have gone...

A. Scott
R. Fowler
R. McIlroy
H. Mahan
D. Johnson

Only problem is that you have too many guys and did not fit the criteria of the rules...hehe

But do remember that we do these contests for every "large" tournament and always have some great prizes. Glad to have you around, its a fun group of people here.

This is very interesting right now. Wind, rain, guys falling quickly....What will happen to the leaders when they get out there? If the weather gets even slightly better, do they pull away? Lots of interesting scenarios.

I don't know but it's great to see Tom Watson hanging in there, what a classy guy he is.

If anyone from starting at Level Par or better shoots a below par round, they could see themselves in the final group tomorrow if this weather stays this bad. However, I have heard it might be clearing in about 3 hours!

Just got tuned into the coverage - guys look miserable! Rain plus 32 MPH winds....no thank you. :D

If anyone from starting at Level Par or better shoots a below par round, they could see themselves in the final group tomorrow if this weather stays this bad. However, I have heard it might be clearing in about 3 hours!

That could make quite a separation.

That could make quite a separation.

Yep, supposedly 4pm GMT, the rain is meant to start to die down/ stop and the wind will get lighter too. If this does happen I agree that this could result in a separation between the top 15 and the rest of the field

Your right Woody - just said they are expecting some drastic improvements in the weather by the time the leaders tee off.

TW only guy out there playing with no bogeys = impressive.

Your right Woody - just said they are expecting some drastic improvements in the weather by the time the leaders tee off.

TW only guy out there playing with no bogeys = impressive.

Shame TW has dropped a couple now. It seems that either the back 9 is playing harder or people are just getting tired and losing concentration the further the round goes.

Definitely survival of the fittest out there right now! If the weather does improve for the later groups they could really put some distaff between them and the rest of the field.

I'm looking for Kaymer or Miguel Angel to have good days.

How the heck does Jimenez keep that cigar lit in weather like this:D

I should have said but I am rooting for the Irish contingent

9 guys in the clubhouse today and a combined 66 over! Yeah, it's tough.

9 guys in the clubhouse today and a combined 66 over! Yeah, it's tough.

I just got up and turned it on and that looks nasty out there. Its summer right? Jebus it can be a horrible place over there sometimes.

I just got up and turned it on and that looks nasty out there. Its summer right? Jebus it can be a horrible place over there sometimes.

I'd still live and golf over there in a minute. Any of you Euro's hiring?

Yeah I heard that too TC....Yikes!

Hey, it took 3 days, but we have an official A.K. Sighting!

Back