The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

I'd still live and golf over there in a minute. Any of you Euro's hiring?

I have my European passport and am still thinking about it, but not England. More likely the south of France or SPain.

Wow, it is nasty out there.

The audio is in and out as well.

I love seeing Watson play well in this tournament.

Yeah I heard that too TC....Yikes!

Hey, it took 3 days, but we have an official A.K. Sighting!

I was wondering when anyone might mention AK. How cool would it be to see him win it?

Wow, it is nasty out there.

The audio is in and out as well.

I love seeing Watson play well in this tournament.

Its great, I love watching Watson, he just birdied and I think everyone is going to come back to him. He's only one over for the day right now and thats a good score.

Is it just me or does it look like the weather is getting better?

I think it's humorous that guys like Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Justin Leonard are American and a major winner, some on that list won a British. Yet you have the 'best' players in the world missing cuts in their most important tournament and on their home turf...Donald, Westwood (Monty 1.5). Silly Euros. The best players in the world shouldn't miss cuts.

I really like the white waterproofs. Never seen all white like what Adam Scott is wearing.

I really like the white waterproofs. Never seen all white like what Adam Scott is wearing.

They look good but they would be tough to keep clean. At least here in BC it would be white for the first 3 holes, then a browny colour.

They look good but they would be tough to keep clean. At least here in BC it would be white for the first 3 holes, then a browny colour.

I wonder how stain resistant they'd be? Or if you could treat them to resist stains. I see a product test in THP's future! :D

I think it's humorous that guys like Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Rich Beem, Ben Curtis, Justin Leonard are American and a major winner, some on that list won a British. Yet you have the 'best' players in the world missing cuts in their most important tournament and on their home turf...Donald, Westwood (Monty 1.5). Silly Euros. The best players in the world shouldn't miss cuts.

Well, that goes back to the debate of how can you be the #1 player in the world without winning a major! I personally don't think pilling up top tens makes you the best in the world.....it makes you damn good, but not the best in the world!

If anyone is having trouble getting to a TV, the broadcast is on ESPN3.com online as well...allows me to keep the kid hooked our top notch babysitter - TiVO :act-up:

Tom Watson could be in really good shape when this day is over even with the bogey on 18.

Well, that goes back to the debate of how can you be the #1 player in the world without winning a major! I personally don't think pilling up top tens makes you the best in the world.....it makes you damn good, but not the best in the world!

While I agree wholeheartedly, the issue is there is nobody that has stepped up. Look at the last few years of major winners.

I agree, it's refreshing to get candid answers. But I chuckle a little that they come from Phil, who has long had a reputation for being one of the bigger fake personalities on tour.

Really!? Fake?! PM.....I'm thinking not so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree wholeheartedly, the issue is there is nobody that has stepped up. Look at the last few years of major winners.

Your right, nobody has jumped out and taken over, I just am of the opinion that to asend to the #1 spot, you should have at least 1 major to your credit.

Rickie Fowler playing very well today. Could have got to -1 on the front with that missed birdie on 9. Still - no bogeys and even par will go a LONG ways today I think.

Rickie Fowler playing very well today. Could have got to -1 on the front with that missed birdie on 9. Still - no bogeys and even par will go a LONG ways today I think.

Playing college golf in Oklahoma he had to learn to play in the wind.

Wow, they just said with 69 players out, the field is 276 over par!! That's 4 over per person....now figure several of the in their first few holes who are only 1 or even 2 over.....And a few others, Watson and Fowler with good rounds, that means there has to be some real ugly numbers out there!

Bjorn and Clarke looking good early....I like it!

Clarke makes the only birdie all day on the first!

DC has always been an interesting guy. He is hanging right in there and if his putter gets hot, he can score with anybody.

Holding par will be a great score today. Let the other guys blow up and move the board around. Guys that played the Scottish have got to be sick of this rain by now. Rain just ruins rounds in my opinion, add an asterisk. Fowler does seem to be able to play in it though.

I may be in the minority, but I find watching golf in this kind of weather to be super boring. I know that part of the allure and challenge of the Open is the weather. But it is still really broing to me.

Back