The Order of Star Wars?

TPM
ATOC
ROTS
SOLO
Rouge One (the best Star Wars movie ever, don’t listen to @ddec on this)
ANH
ESB
ROTJ
TFA
TLJ
ROS

This is chronological order and the best order to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If someone has never seen the series, I would watch them in theatrical release order. If you go chronologically, the change in special effects over 40+ years would be laughable.

To add to this, here is the ranking of the movies (not the order to watch them in) and again I must say do not listen to that @ddec guy about this.

1) Rogue One
2) ESB
3) ANH
4) ROTS
5) Solo
6) ATOC
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) ROTJ
10) TPM

To add to this, here is the ranking of the movies (not the order to watch them in) and again I must say do not listen to that @ddec guy about this.

1) Rogue One
2) ESB
3) ANH
4) ROTS
5) Solo
6) ATOC
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) ROTJ
10) TPM

close, TLJ 7 spots too high.

1) Rogue One
2) ESB
3) ANH
4) ROTS
5) Solo
6) ATOC
7) TFA
8) TLJ
9) ROTJ
10) TPM

All these years and you are still off your rocker

All these years and you are still off your rocker

Listen my friend go open your 8th white claw of the day and let me handle the Star Wars talk

Listen my friend go open your 8th white claw of the day and let me handle the Star Wars talk

Love that seltzer...

I would go with the movie release sequence. I feel like that provides a better contextual storyline than watching by actual timeline of events. Part of that is because each set of Star Wars movies has a wonderful relevance to the eras of movie releases.

This is how I feel as well, and I prefer to watch in this order

If someone has never seen the series, I would watch them in theatrical release order. If you go chronologically, the change in special effects over 40+ years would be laughable.

I think this is especially for someone who hasn’t seen them before. I’ve watched in several different orders and I still enjoy each for their own reasons. But ultimately prefer by release date.

Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
Rogue One
A New Hope
Empire Stikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

I think with Vader being the central figure to a lot of what developed in 4-6, as bad as it was Phantom Menace sets the table for his story. I think you need Rogue One before A New Hop to set the overall arc of the next three movies.
Agree with this approach and viewing of the episodes!

1,2,3,Solo, Rogue One,4,5,6,7,8,9 IMO

I concur. Dislike the meandering on Macau, but some great stuff in that movie.

The last Jedi is a space version of everything that is wrong with Hollywood. Terrible movie that may have wrecked the entire franchise. Kinda like the last 4 episodes the game of thrones, or the last season of lost. Yes. it was that bad.

This was destined to delve into the 2 Camps of TLJ is either great or terrible.
I think it's phenomenal, especially from an art direction standpoint. With that said, nothing said will sway one camp one way or another.

Normally recommend this but, I’m going to try the Machete order next time...
289093C1-4D64-46E9-8914-EFBAF4FB81D8.jpeg

This was destined to delve into the 2 Camps of TLJ is either great or terrible.
I think it's phenomenal, especially from an art direction standpoint. With that said, nothing said will sway one camp one way or another.

I think you are by far in the minority, but everyones taste is different. If you have been a star wars fan for as long as I have, they made a lot of very fundamental changes to the whole universe.

I think you are by far in the minority, but everyones taste is different. If you have been a star wars fan for as long as I have, they made a lot of very fundamental changes to the whole universe.
I suppose that depends on how you view it. I think it's closer to a 50/50 split, in this case I'm an advocate for change. We'll have to delve further into this if we attend a THP Experience together at some point.

The lightsaber show that Obi-wan puts on in New Hope is laughable. I know these were are complete classics when they came out originally but they are really dated especially after the release of the newer movies. In terms of entertainment value, I'd watch in theatrical release but if you are a die hard then I would go in chronological so the story "fits" better.

Due to my love for the Mandalorian show, I have decided to watch them (never have), and went back and forth with different theories on which way to watch them for a beginner. I ended up going in the order they were released (by date) because I honestly don't think I could get used to going from one movie with great CGI to an older one with no so great CGI.

I am on attack of the clones so far, and watching them in the release order isn't hard to follow. I was worried that I would be head scratching, but as long as you know when each episode occurs it is just fine.

apparently, there's no definitive recommendation...

this review gives pros and cons of several options

The lightsaber show that Obi-wan puts on in New Hope is laughable. I know these were are complete classics when they came out originally but they are really dated especially after the release of the newer movies. In terms of entertainment value, I'd watch in theatrical release but if you are a die hard then I would go in chronological so the story "fits" better.
73D20938-91A3-4D44-BF84-EB8FE380C982.gif
It is puzzling to go from this to what we saw in Episode 4...

No Rogue One?!?!?!?!?!
Honestly, I stopped after the one where they introduced the girl and the black guy who was a storm trooper, for this one reason:

Girl is a desert rat, who has to scavenge tech just to buy food and survive. This would indicate she has had a hard life and is probably a tough and jaded person.

Black guy is a storm trooper who has witnessed war horrors and can't take it anymore. He runs away, almost gets killed and is mentally anguished. He also would be a character that would be tough, hurt, jaded and scarred.

Then there is a scene where the two of them fight it out with tie fighters, maybe on the MF. After the battle the two of them come together and immediately start acting like excited little school girls "did you see that?" "OMG that was so crazy"

I turned the movie off, it made so little sense. Haven't seen any of the George Lucas "the quest for more money" movies since then.

thumb_god-willing-we-meet-again-in-spaceballs-2the-search-for-more-52151859.png

Back