The Patrick Cantlay Thread (Patty Ice)

Ignoring the part where that website sucks, the quote he made was interesting about waiting on others.

If Cantlay was spectacularly slow, there should have been a gap on the back nine. The fact that they waited twice on the last four holes is more damning for the field than for him. I'll admit my pace slows down a fair bit if I have nowhere to go.
Right. Again, it's a disease that guys on tour accept. "Welp, I guess it's going to be slow. No need to speed up." The Tour doesn't care. ANGC doesn't care. Why should any player care? The slowness probably happened far enough down the tee sheet that nobody could find the real culprit.

Bryson complained about him and his slow play during some tourney a few years back.
Right because Bryson was being called out for slow play but he came back and said he walked fast or got to his ball faster than others to give himself time for his calculations. The video from Augusta shows Cantlay not even at the green when Hovland chips...if set up and pre swing takes forever, walk faster 😉

Right. Again, it's a disease that guys on tour accept. "Welp, I guess it's going to be slow. No need to speed up." The Tour doesn't care. ANGC doesn't care. Why should any player care? The slowness probably happened far enough down the tee sheet that nobody could find the real culprit.
But if they're monitoring (like they said they would or should be) they would know where it was on the tee sheet and start applying strokes there

Ignoring the part where that website sucks, the quote he made was interesting about waiting on others.

If Cantlay was spectacularly slow, there should have been a gap on the back nine. The fact that they waited twice on the last four holes is more damning for the field than for him. I'll admit my pace slows down a fair bit if I have nowhere to go.

This is a good point, if he was in fact waiting on multiple holes then there is no reason to really pickup the pace in between shots. If he is keeping pace with the group in front of him he will not be put on the clock (not that he would anyways).

It's still a bad look for the tour that rounds take that long and players are openly complaining about it.

Bryson complained about him and his slow play during some tourney a few years back.
If I’m not mistaken wasn’t that when they were in the BMW Championship in Caves Valley Golf Course in Owings Mill Md and the playoff which Cantlay won….

Dude wears a Goldman Sachs hat, looks like he probably works for Goldman Sachs and got the job from his dad . Also he is slow at golf and i'm not sure i've ever heard him speak.

He's really good at golf, but nothing about him i find screams "cheer for me".

But if they're monitoring (like they said they would or should be) they would know where it was on the tee sheet and start applying strokes there
I agree. Enforce the rules, but the powers that be don't. It is what it is.

Dude wears a Goldman Sachs hat, looks like he probably works for Goldman Sachs and got the job from his dad . Also he is slow at golf and i'm not sure i've ever heard him speak.

He's not worth listening to.

True. There must have been a gap somewhere.

He's milquetoast.

Back