The Payne’s Valley Cup

I completely missed this but realized the replay is on PGA Tour Live.. Going to watch tonight

Watching Tiger yank his Drive literally made me LOL.

We just booked a weekend in October. Really excited.

I think this course and resort looks like somewhere I need to go. Payne Stewart is my all-time favorite and I went to college in Missouri and miss it.

Looks like a decent place but it gives me a feel of a Disney site. Not too interested in this destination.

I think this course and resort looks like somewhere I need to go. Payne Stewart is my all-time favorite and I went to college in Missouri and miss it.
Join me in October

Join me in October
Someday! My October's are pretty full with golf right now. Morgan Cup October 2020 and Arizona THP vs Texas THP unofficial gathering October 2021. I will have to live Payne's Valley vicariously through others for the time being.

Highland Springs, Payne’s Valley, Ozark National, Buffalo Ridge and Mountain Top... Let’s do it
5be5d29ca51147b6cf4716f049832cc1346aade0_00.gif

Highland Springs, Payne’s Valley, Ozark National, Buffalo Ridge and Mountain Top... Let’s do it

just waiting that invite, and of course covid

Single best thing anyone, anywhere, has said in 2020.

That was fun to watch last night.. They need to mic the guys more

Just going to drop this here... Might be persuasive...maybe not

Payne's Valley

This place is incredible. I’ve only been able to play the first 13 holes prior to this televised Payne’s Valley Cup, but I can tell you the first 13 holes are absolutely incredible. I have not had a chance to play Ozarks National yet (I have heard it is excellent as well) even though I’m only 30 minutes away just not getting to play as much golf as I would. We just joined Highland Springs as full golf members so I’ve been playing most of my golf there. Hopefully we will be able to get a large group together like we did a few years back and incorporate all these incredible courses in Branson into that sometime here in the very near future. Personally, I do not think there’s anywhere in the Midwest that even comes remotely close to the quality of golf that we now have here locally.

So I was pretty upset that when I went to watch the remainder of my taped version of this, the coverage cut out on hole 15. What the hell?

This place is incredible. I’ve only been able to play the first 13 holes prior to this televised Payne’s Valley Cup, but I can tell you the first 13 holes are absolutely incredible. I have not had a chance to play Ozarks National yet (I have heard it is excellent as well) even though I’m only 30 minutes away just not getting to play as much golf as I would. We just joined Highland Springs as full golf members so I’ve been playing most of my golf there. Hopefully we will be able to get a large group together like we did a few years back and incorporate all these incredible courses in Branson into that sometime here in the very near future. Personally, I do not think there’s anywhere in the Midwest that even comes remotely close to the quality of golf that we now have here locally.
Welcome to Highland Springs best thing I did was joining there

I'm with you. It's wide open and has no character at least on TV. Just looks like a typical modern course.

I'd almost guarantee it's more impressive in person.
It is. Just a spectacular venue. Was FULLY impressed.

I dunno, I'd still find a way to shoot 100.

I like the rolling hills and great textures. Reminds me a lot of North Bellingham or Palmer's Canal course at Northview. Thoughts @SkiBumGolfer ?

Still catching up on my year plus of inactivity, sorry again for that!

It's interesting, the trees and topography OUTSIDE the course are totally different than the two courses you mention, but inside the stakes I can very much see that. The prevalence of hay really makes me think of NB, the hole design is more Canal. Honestly Payne's Valley looks like wider fairways than either though - and those courses aren't too stingy on fairway space in most cases. Miss those tracks!

Back