The Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

pb&j spread on a Ritz cracker, or even a saltine is quite good as well
This. 💯
If not crackers, I’ll use any bread. Just peanut putter. Simple and awesome.

Creamy Jif and grape or strawberry jam on thick slices of Portuguese bread. Open faced. Nothing better.

Peter Pan Crunchy peanut butter... Smuckers grape jelly...
Any traditional white bread.
Milk and potato chips.

Can’t say I’m picky, but PB&J with a big glass of milk means I’m doing some fun because there’s no time for dinner.

• Natural peanut butter, or almond butter
  • Raspberry or Blackberry preserves
  • Whole grain bread

I think you need American DNA to even contemplate trying one of those. Just the thought of one makes me gag.

White bread, smooth Peter Pan at least an 1/8 inch thick and Smucker's Apple Jelly. 🙂

I’m very much concerned with how many crunchy pb serial killers we have in this thread
And here I was thinking how awesome it is to see so many crunchy! Far superior to smooth.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
I think you need American DNA to even contemplate trying one of those. Just the thought of one makes me gag.
Objection.

I’m Canadian, my family is from Europe, and I think PB&J is tasty!

Crunchy Jif and grape jelly on toasted bread

What was Elvis' favorite sandwich? PB, banana, and bacon! There are some flavor combos that will absolutely astound you. Many years ago I attended a "degustation" dinner for a line of Burgundy wines. One dish paired a triple creme French cheese from the Loire call "Pierre-Robert", and matched it with a blueberry compote. This is like preserves. The cheese was a real stinky foot monster. But, once you had it with the compote, all that disappeared, and the flavors combined into something absolutely wonderful, that was accompanied by a high end white burgundy.

After the dinner, I asked the host how he discovered that combo. He told me that he didn't. He had attended a similar dinner back in the day, and never forgot it!

Can’t say I’m picky, but PB&J with a big glass of milk means I’m doing some fun because there’s no time for dinner.
[/QUOT

Back when I was a kid, my older cousin had a weird ritual. When he was visiting, we'd go out riding our bikes all morning and come come at lunchtime just famished. He was fond of going on "safari"! He'd make us PBJ, and put the milk carton in the freezer! We'd eat our sandwiches and then he would pour us glasses of ice cold milk! And we had to drink it right down! Didn't bother me a bit! Loved it!

Last edited:
Strawberry jelly with a touch of peanut butter

I really really want a 9:30 PBJ. But going to be good. 😬

Do you?

How do you?

I like mine with JIF and strawberry preserves, preferably on potato bread
Jif extra crunchy with Smuckers or Welch’s grape jelly on good thick white bread Is a classic, and a mainstay when golfing.

Jif, strawberry or grape depending on my mood, at least 3-4 times a week

There seems to be a large correlation between chunky pb and grape Jelly. :unsure:

I'm good with Skippy of JIF but no one else likes the JIF around here and they're all picky about crunchy so I stick with creamy. Strawberry or grape jelly/jam/preserves. I'll do PB and banana too. We usually have buttermilk and wheat bread so either works as does a tortilla. Going the banana route, on bread its sliced on a tortilla its just wrapped up whole. Also best served with milk but I can do my normal Dr Pepper Zero too.

My wife’s specialty, great for fall late morning rounds. Fresh homemade white bread, peanut butter on both slices, homemade strawberry jam, cut diagonally…. great halfway lunch. Putting peanut butter on both slices of white prevents the strawberry jam from leaking through the homemade bread.

Back