The Perfect Breakfast Sandwich

Wait wait wait. Steamed bagel?
Sounds nuts, right?

We had this place up at Miami (college) where they took all the stuff with the bagel, and hit it with a ton of steam to melt and soften. Comes out soft and amazing. Hard to explain.

A "naked" chicken filet, with an egg, and hash brown patty. This, between two slices of french toasted Wonder Bread. There also a tangy, sweet-sour "secret sauce" added.

I actually make this sandwich from time to time. If I want to go really decadent crazy, I will cover the whole thing with sausage gravy. It then becomes a "Hot Breakfast Sandwich".

American “cheese” should be a disqualifying offense.

2 over easy eggs
Crispy bacon
Sausage patty
Cheddar
Chipotle sauce

White bread

2 slices of bread. Rashers of proper back bacon and HP sauce! Doesn’t get any better!!!

1 lightly fried egg...yes just 1...Bob Evans sausage, 1 slice of America cheese all on a toasted onion bagel. Onion bagel is the key...

20200602_195438.jpg

Gotta admit this post makes me hungry....

You are tasked with creating the perfect breakfast sandwich. You can choose any ingredients you want, but it must fit between two layers of bread. Could be toast, biscuit, bagel or anything else that fits into the bread category.

What are you choosing to create breakfast sandwich perfection.
... is a breakfast taco! Potato, Bacon, Eggs, Cheese and habanero sauce

I'm just going to Sonic and getting at the sausage, egg and cheese on a brioche bun. Nice and hardy and gets me thru a morning round of golf.

Pretty simple. Fried egg over medium, sausage patty, american cheese on a toasted English muffin.

Basically a homemade Sausage Egg McMuffin.

This has been done in North Jersey for years. Ask for "Taylor Ham" crispy and then thank me later.

Taylor Ham, Egg & American Cheese on a hard roll.

View attachment 8947082

PS before anyone asks...
Q: Why is a egg OK on this but not on a burger?
A: Because it's not a burger.

That looks amazing. The hard roll must keep it from getting soggy. The thick sliced ham... oh my.

It's definitely lots of crispy bacon over two medium eggs (yolk has to run a bit!) with a slab of melted sharp white cheddar.

I'll put this between a buttermilk biscuit, a toasted brioche bun, or an english muffin depending on mood.

A VERY close second to this is nova scotia lox and cream cheese on a toasted garlic bagel.
- bonus points for fresh lemon and dill

I have three answers I would accept, depending on the outer layer.

You could sell me on a steamed bagel with sausage patty, two strips of bacon, egg either fried or scrambled with some onions, and american.
I'd also be totally cool with that package on a croissant, nice and fluffy, with the eggs basically the same.
Finally, the most basic option, the McDonalds sausage egg and cheese on an english muffin. Cult classic.

If I am putting McDonalds in the discussion while I love a sausage McMuffin with egg the goat of all McDs sandwiches is the sausage McGriddle.

bagel, cream cheese, hash browns, 2 poached eggs, ham, bacon, cheddar, hollandaise

During the Cold War, there was a discussion about who would win in a European land war - the numerically superior tanks of the Warsaw Pact or the technologically superior tanks of NATO. A Soviet general famously remarked, "Quantity has a quality all its own." With that as an introduction, I give you The Lumberjack:

If I am putting McDonalds in the discussion while I love a sausage McMuffin with egg the goat of all McDs sandwiches is the sausage McGriddle.
man, I simply cannot mcgriddle.

man, I simply cannot mcgriddle.

^^^This. I have never understood the fascination with the McGriddle. This from the people who kept "the hot side hot and the cold side cold" want to smoosh the sweet and savory together? Hard pass.

Last edited:
^^^This. I have never understood the fascination with the McGriddle. This from teh peopel who kept "the hot side hot and the cold side co;d" want to smoosh the sweet and savory together? Hard pass.

I love them. I only have about 1 a year but I find them delicious.

^^^This. I have never understood the fascination with the McGriddle. This from the people who kept "the hot side hot and the cold side cold" want to smoosh the sweet and savory together? Hard pass.
It's a major downgrade for me haha

I love that people are into it, but NOT me!

It's a major downgrade for me haha

I love that people are into it, but NOT me!
My preferred epitaph (thus far):

Everybody has the right to be wrong.

Back