The Perfect Sandwich?

A God Cuban is perfect for me. Shaved pork, shaved ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, and pickles.

The Cuban you get in Tampa has salami in addition to those other ingredients.

Classic grilled cheese for me. Can get fancy with cheese selection. Try to best it.

So many good options out there.
1. Local Italian deli that makes a sub with hot soppressata, hot gabbagool(aka capiccola), aged sharp provolone, fresh mutz, Italian long hots and balsamic glaze on a locally baked long roll
2. The hot roast pork from Dinic’s in Philly
3. Hot Pastrami on rye with dark mustard from Katz or Sarge’s in the city

I have a couple go-to choices:

Right now, because of garden tomatoes, a toasted tomato and cheese.

My sandwich of choice for the past 20 years, a classic BLT.

Outside of that, give me a clubhouse.

I need to follow some of these recipes! My sandwiches are always so blah!

One of my favorites from a sandwich shop is:
Slices Chicken Breast
Shredded lettuce
Bacon
Provolone cheese
Cranberry wasabi sauce.

My favorite ever and the reason I weighed close to 350 lbs (down to around 215 now...) I used to eat this thing 3 times a week.

The Dennis from Parisi Bakery in NYC

Fried chicken cutlet, prosciutto, mozzarella (mutz), tomatoes, balsamic, and an herb spread on a fresh Italian roll.

Dennis.jpg

So many good options out there.
1. Local Italian deli that makes a sub with hot soppressata, hot gabbagool(aka capiccola), aged sharp provolone, fresh mutz, Italian long hots and balsamic glaze on a locally baked long roll
2. The hot roast pork from Dinic’s in Philly
3. Hot Pastrami on rye with dark mustard from Katz or Sarge’s in the city

Dinic's roast pork, broccoli rabe and provolone. OMG I hope Reading Terminal Market is open during this crap cause if so my whole crew is getting these for lunch tomorrow.

I can't make them, but a good italian beef sandwich is hard to beat. For one I make, either pastrami and swiss on rye or roast beef and swiss on whole wheat.

My favorite ever and the reason I weighed close to 350 lbs (down to around 215 now...) I used to eat this thing 3 times a week.

The Dennis from Parisi Bakery in NYC

Fried chicken cutlet, prosciutto, mozzarella (mutz), tomatoes, balsamic, and an herb spread on a fresh Italian roll.

View attachment 8957446
That looks amazing. There’s a local deli around where I used to work that made something very similar. Really the only difference was you replace the prosciutto with hot capicolla. Once in a while I’d sub the fresh mutz for provolone and add roasted red peppers.

Dinic's roast pork, broccoli rabe and provolone. OMG I hope Reading Terminal Market is open during this crap cause if so my whole crew is getting these for lunch tomorrow.
Yeah Dinic’s is freaking amazing, the hand carved sharp provolone puts it over the top.

Your attention to detail in this post is mesmerizing in a good way.

It helped that I was hungry lol

Yeah Dinic’s is freaking amazing, the hand carved sharp provolone puts it over the top.

Looks like they are open! Big plans for tomorrow!

DInics1.jpg

Too many to decide... one memorable at a bar in my hometown. Food was in general quite average but one night 25+ years ago they had a ribeye sandwich on a hoagie bun that was the best sandwich I'd ever had at that point in my life.

Local place in town now has pot roast sandwich called The Huntsman. Beef roasted overnight served on a pretzel bun with carrots, peppers & onions, blue cheese crumbles and spicy mustard. Served with their fresh cut saratoga chips. Its always a go to item...

I’m in a toss up between the thanksgiving sandwich and a traditional New England roast beef sandwich.

Breaded steak sandwich from ricobene's. Meat pounded out thin, breaded, and fried. Covered in red sauce, mozzarella, and giardiniera.

Best sandwich in the world
c85bcbc994471a3e0a15e9650cf42210.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No rules, other than it has to have 2 pieces of bread. Go!

Low carb or almond flour bread
Bacon
Romaine lettuce
Cheese
Ham
Turkey
Mayo mixed with some hot sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's, Texas Pete, etc.)

I could add other stuff, but that's a good start.

Big fan of:

Boar's Head cajun turkey
Manchengo cheese
Crispy bacon
Quince paste
Garlic aioli
Spring greens

Bread options: Baguette, Sourdough, Ciabatta all work well

Toast for extra deliciousness

Chopped sandwich, with extra dip and BBQ slaw, a side of hush puppies, and either a sweet tea or Cheerwine at Lexington Barbecue.

1597204743206.png

Last edited:

I enjoy all sorts of exotic sandwiches, but for my favorite I like to keep it simple.

White bread
Mayo
Yellow mustard
Pepper Ham
Cajun chicken
Bacon
Pickled jalapeños
Cheddar

I don't know where in Houston it is but my sister in law took me to a Vietnamese breakfast shop and got me a breakfast banh mei. It was pate, steak and and a fried egg with butter and all the pickled veggies.

I don't know if there is a perfect sandwich because you can do so many awesome things, but I will go with the best I ever had:

A grilled ham and cheese with:
rustic sourdough loaded with butter, honey baked ham, sharp Wisconsin cheddar and sliced granny smith apples in the middle. The tart and crunchy of the granny smith in the middle of the hot sandwich just made it amazing. Pretty sure they made it open faced and then added the apples right before they closed it up so they didn't soften up.

Also, this is not a sandwich that gets better with time, like a really good PB&J, so think it is out of the perfect category.

Back