The Person Behind #NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Mizuno Golf North America has been on quite a wild ride the last couple of years. With growth in market share in just about every measurable aspect of equipment, the company has been seen as more visible, more inviting, and to be frank, more fun. One of the reasons for that is their social media outlets and the content that comes out of them. Everything from quick hitting images to fun chats and even a THP Golf appearance or two.

Peeking behind the curtain you will find someone passionate about the game and the brand he is representing. Reaching tens of thousands of people daily with something fresh and new is not always an easy task, but Mizuno seems to have found their voice on a stage that is filled with great content. We are speaking of Jeff Crawford, the Associate Marketing Manager of Golf for Mizuno North America...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• Beauty YouTube Channel Art-2.jpeg
    Beauty YouTube Channel Art-2.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
Good article. It interesting to see what the Social teams are doing to keep consumers engaged while people can't really go play, or go put their hands on shiny new toys.

Mizuno Golf North America has been on quite a wild ride the last couple of years. With growth in market share in just about every measurable aspect of equipment, the company has been seen as more visible, more inviting, and to be frank, more fun. One of the reasons for that is their social media outlets and the content that comes out of them. Everything from quick hitting images to fun chats and even a THP Golf appearance or two.

Peeking behind the curtain you will find someone passionate about the game and the brand he is representing. Reaching tens of thousands of people daily with something fresh and new is not always an easy task, but Mizuno seems to have found their voice on a stage that is filled with great content. We are speaking of Jeff Crawford, the Associate Marketing Manager of Golf for Mizuno North America.

Pulling back the curtain even farther, we asked him to answer some questions for our readers.

Continue reading...

View attachment 8933584
Great read @JB It's nice to learn about the people behind the names of the manufacturers and, learn that they are as passionate about golf as we are.
I can assume he's not a vegetarian and is a omnivore like us normal people? :cool:

• Admin
Great read @JB It's nice to learn about the people behind the names of the manufacturers and, learn that they are as passionate about golf as we are.
I can assume he's not a vegetarian and is a omnivore like us normal people? :cool:

Haha. Unlike @Vosh68 yes Jeff is a meat eater.
And you are right, he is very passionate about the game.

Our goal with these is definitely light reading and entertainment, but also to help humanize these outlets a bit.

Nice read. Thanks for posting it. It's nice to know who's behind some of the movings ang goings.

Great article & enjoyed learning more about the man behind the mirror! Keep doing what Mizuno is doing!

Good article.

Thanks for that JB. I love seeing the curtain pulled open to learn more about Marketing at these brands. It sounds like Jeff's ideas line up really well with how I personally view Mizuno, which is great. It has to be a tough time to be a Marketing person at this time with everything going on.

• Admin
Thanks for that JB. I love seeing the curtain pulled open to learn more about Marketing at these brands. It sounds like Jeff's ideas line up really well with how I personally view Mizuno, which is great. It has to be a tough time to be a Marketing person at this time with everything going on.

I think it is definitely more challenging. I would argue that there is also a bit of a captive audience and what I mean by that is that people need an escape and if they are passionate about the game, they will find it.

Great read! Love reading about the passion of the guys behind the brands in these Q&As.

Good read. The thing about Mizuno that impresses me the most is how they go a out their business. They dont shout MIZUNO, but let the product speak for itself.

Great Interview! I love following Mizuno on Social Media and I agree they do really well on Instagram. Their clubs definitely photograph well.

Good article @JB. Mizuno is definitely on my short list when it comes to new clubs.

Need to get a picture of Jeff eating his meat pizza on the forum.

Meat pizza sounds both disgusting and delicious at the same time.
And please, post that.

That looks rather tasty.

Loved this!! If you have other interviews that you did in the past or can get folks to do them from other brands I am all in. Any BEST OF for THP would probably be intersting to all of us as the days seem to get longer due to the virus.

Thanks @JB it's nice to be able to hear from the ones behind the scenes.

Well written, fun read.

Mizuno has needed that. Theyve always kind of gotten by on their reputation and word of mouth but theyve needed to find a way to reach out to a younger generation.
I'll admit that Im not the Mizuno fan that I once was but I have been following them on social and theyve been doing a great job lately.

Great article. I find it really interesting to see how he has worked his way up in the golf business from shagging range balls to Associate Marketing Manager of Mizuno.

Back